A graduate in Meteorology and successful Weather Forecaster with over five years’ experience of producing accurate forecasts according to specifications. Possesses strong ability to analyse and present information in an efficient manner, successfully meeting timelines. An excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal skills establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a wide range of contacts. Enjoys being part of a successful and progressive organisation.
Education And Qualifications
BSc Meteorology (2009)
Customer Care Programme, ACSA (2011)
Disaster Management, UNISA (currently studying)
Weather Forecaster (2009-date)
South African Weather Service, South Africa
• Responsible for generating and quality controlling region specific forecasts according to set timescales
• Demonstrating ability to produce aviation/marine/client specific forecasts
• Utilising computerised and mathematical models to produce short/long-range forecasts concerning weather and climate patterns
• Collecting data from satellite images, radar, remote sensors and weather stations worldwide; measuring factors including air pressure, temperature and humidity at various atmospheric levels
• Communicating information regarding severe weather forecasting to local disaster management stakeholders & general public; coding weather reports for transmission over networks
• Possessing analytical skills, evaluating performance of forecast warning services and producing reports
• Demonstrating outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, representing company in stakeholder meetings
• Participating in customer relations activities including exhibitions and corporate events, providing support to staff as necessary and successfully promoting products/services
• Demonstrating leadership skills, providing training and development to staff on a regional basis
• Responsible for ensuring quality standards, reviewing and approving documentation relevant to processes undertaken; adhering to document control
• Undertaking any ad hoc administrative work including typing, data entry and filing; supporting administrative team
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.