An ambitious and dedicated Geoscientist with over 10 years’ seismic data acquisition experience in large 2D/3D/4C seismic acquisition / processing / interpretation projects incorporating international field seismic data acquisition across diverse and complex terrains. Possesses a proven track record of project supervision, designing / planning surveys (2D, 3D, 4C), field scouting, field operations and data / general quality control.
2013 – date
Field Acquisition Supervisor
TOKAMAK SUBSURFACE OPERATIONS & CONSULTANCY CO. LTD., Bahrain
• Fulfilling a diverse range of responsibilities including supervising 2D seismic surveys using vibroseis as an energy source, coordinating crew start-up and producing appropriate parameter designs
• Setting field parameters and acquisition tolerances, processing routines and leading the ZPEB crew in the use of Sercel 428 with VE432 vibroseis electronics alongside the DSD Network and Hypack guidance system
• Diligently monitoring 2D QC processing seismic work to ensure compliance with client specifications, technical requirements and standards
• Conducting QC seismic data acquisition, recorder daily tests, field tests, S/N ratio, auxiliary checks and vibs data verification in accordance with established procedures
• Continually checking processing, surveying data, monitoring all seismic activity in the field and verifying data by night
• Evaluating field seismic data QC / data processing, confirming source and receiver positioning and performing QC of shot records / field stacks to ensure data quality and compliance with contracted specifications
• Managing QC of headers and geometry-merged SEGY shot gathers on storage media, verifying media and QC seismic data interim / final deliverables
• Gaining valuable experience in the use of telemetry cable, quad, perpendicular dynamite shot-lines, single / double zig zag, slip sweep, log sweep and vibroseis inline or perpendicular / patterned shot arrays
• Low S/N • Widespread random noise • Low energy
• First break inconsistency • Ground roll noise • Air wave noise
• Lack of near trace refraction • Shallow reflectors discontinuity • Fault cut determination
2012 – 2013
Data Migration Project, DEFT (IOM) LTD., Angola
• Migrating data from a GEOFRAME to an OpenWorks environment, including converting seismic and interpretation data from GEOFRAME to OpenWorks
• Collaborating with colleagues to export and import seismic / interpretation data from GEOFRAME into OpenWorks
• Creating / executing batch job scripts to define grids and load seismic / interpretation data for both horizons and faults, into the OpenWorks environment
• Generating well ties and detailing synthetics seismograms, including wavelet analysis and fluid substitution studies to develop a comprehensive understanding of the seismic responses
• Identifying the need for, and proposing the acquisition, designing 2D / 3D prospects, selecting appropriate parameters and re-processing 2D / 3D seismic data
• Working as part of a team to prepare tenders and perform bid evaluation in accordance with established procedures, requirements and agreed deadlines
• Designing 4 blocks for 3D seismic data acquisition (900 sq.km), also, conducting rock physics studies including seismic attribute studies, seismic modeling, inversions and AVO
• Building 2D and 3D velocity models, generating 3D property volumes for inclusion in static reservoir models and designing / implementing VSP surveys as appropriate
• Co-ordinating databases (including GIS and Geoframe), additionally, preparing written / verbal reports detailing technical studies and presenting information to management, partners, shareholders and Government Officials
• Old seismic data (1970 & 1980) • Poor data quality • Pre-salt seismic challenges
2011 – 2012
GEOPARDAZESH JONUB ENGINEERING LTD., Iran
2010 – 2011
Geoscientist, QC Acquisition and Processing
ARABIAN GEOPHYSICAL SERVICES, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
2009 – 2010
TRAFALGAR EXPLORATION, Ethiopia
2007 – 2009
Chief QC Geophysicist / Team Leader
GLOBAL GEOPHYSICAL SERVICES INC., Kurdistan, Iraq
2006 – 2007
Chief QC/ Processing Supervisor, 3D / 2D
GULF GEOPHYSICS FZCO., Kurdistan, Iraq
2004 – 2006
Geoscientist, Daily Quality Control
BGP INTERNATIONAL, Pakistan
Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, 2002
Urdu (mother tongue), fluent Punjabi and fluent English
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.