A self-starter with an adept knowledge in developing and implementing standardized and
best practices in FMCG financial and management reporting structure. Extremely talented,
self-motivated, enthusiastic financial management and accounting professional with over 7
yearsof experience in both public and private sector, preparing financial reports; directing
investment activities, and implementing cash management strategies to the highest possible
standards of excellence, transparency and compliance with all external regulations,
accounting and financial management standards and internal policies and procedures.
Playing key role in preparing senior management strategic plans, providing financial
analysis and leadership. Implemented balanced and sound strategies while ensuring fiscal
stability. Proven track record in achieving sound development and monitoring of budgets for
grants, contracts and general funds. Rich and diverse experience in instituting internal
controls and financial management. Excellent capacity building skills in coaching finance
and operations staff to manage the finances and operations of FMCG. Possess excellent
knowledge in community development processes with specific emphasis on micro-enterprise
development. Has experience in auditing procedures & principles for both microfinance and
other macro institutions.
Areas of Expertise:
• Executive management – strategic planning
• Implementing Financial, M&W, Supply Chain and Agronomy KPI Reporting system
• Financial and Operations analysis and reporting
• Budgets, cash flow and forecasting
• Auditing and Compliance
• Team management
• Maintenance of accurate financial and MIS records and ability to prepare clear and accurate reports for informational, auditing operational and senior management decisional use.
• Creative and resourceful thinking.
• Ability to make quick and excellent decisions and organize thoughts in the face of time constraints and full workload.
• Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of latest in computer technology.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of FMCG core operational and financial reporting systems
• Strong grip over international finance and reporting standards.
• Ability to achieve strong grasp of operations of various departments within the organization in a short time.
• Sound Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Superb organizational and detail-oriented skills.
• Outstanding knowledge of governmental accounting practices and procedures, fund accounting and fiscal management.
• Uncommon ability to analyze and interpret complex financial as well as operations data
• Proficiency in speaking English, Urdu and Punjabi languages
Pepsi Cola International (Pvt) Ltd.
PepsiCo offers the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 different product lines that each generates more than $1 billion in annual retail sales. With main businesses – Frito-Lay, Quaker, Pepsi-Cola, Tropicana and Gatorade – also make hundreds of other nourishing, tasty foods and drinks that bring joy to our consumers in more than 200 countries. With annualized revenues of nearly $60 billion, PepsiCo’s people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth, called Performance with Purpose. By dedicating ourselves to offering a broad array of choices for healthy, convenient and fun nourishment, reducing our environmental impact, and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace culture, PepsiCo balances strong financial returns with giving back to our communities worldwide. In recognition of its continued sustainability efforts, PepsiCo was named for the third time to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and for the fourth time to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America) in 2009.
Gatorade, Tropicana, Quaker oats, Frito-Lay, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Doritos, Miranda, Pepsi max, Tostitos, Aquafina, sierra mist, Lipton, Cheetos, 7up
Pepsi Cola International Snacks Division – Pakistan is engaged in the production, sales and distribution of Lays, Kurkuray, Cheetos and other snacks brands all over in Pakistan.
Assistant Manager Manufacturing and Operations Sep2010 – To Date
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. Responsible for full oversight of all Manufacturing, operations and Reporting activities of – Sundar Plant – PEPSICO in Lahore, Pakistan. Reporting to Plant Manager and dotted to Planning Manager Operations keeping top management abreast with the operational and financial situation of factory ranging from Regional and Internal Operational, KPI and Financial reporting, Internal Controls Adherence, Business and Financial Performance monitoring and analysis, technical guidance on Snacks technology and Regional reporting requirements. Liaising with regional operations and financial auditors ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. Ensure comprehensive oversight on overall operations including Manufacturing, Supply chain, Agronomy and Finance and Planning establishing and maintaining systems to verify the accuracy and controls over all processes.
• Analyze complex financial and operational data and extract and define relevant information; interpret data for the purpose of determining past performance and to project a probability.
• Oversee the development of unrestricted funds budgets, research grants and contracts and revenues. Analyze budget patterns and projects expenditures.
• Recommended different strategies in business developments
• Worked with other departments, helping them balance their budget and meet goals.
• Serve as the contact person for all financial and operations management systems.
• Develop and oversee the maintenance of budget monitoring systems.
• Develop complex financial as well as operational reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
• Act as a Metrics Champion for Pakistan Foods in measure-up community
• Contribute and implement to the rolling 3-year strategic plan for Operations
• Work on Productivity and sustainability AOP templates and submit to region and sector meeting the deadlines
• Implement Power Steering – productivity reporting system in Pakistan Foods
• Implement and provide training to senior management on using PEPSICO SharePoint and Cube Reporting System
• Provide senior management with different analysis, comparisons and PEPSICO GLOBAL measure-up ranking and trends
• Work closely with BU and track closure of all operations performance closing related issues before submission
• Work with region and BU to develop process for compliance with new reporting requirements
• Work closely with regional operations Technical Service Manager in providing different reports and data
• Work closely with regional Capability and Sustainability Manager in implementing key ReCon initiatives at Sundar Plant Pakistan.
• Contribution in delivering and reporting of over $12 Million productivity in three years from Sundar Plant Pakistan
• Delivered significant reduction of 31% and 55% in Energy and Water KPI’s respectively through effective suitability projects
• Efficiently delivered Zero-Waste project by recycling 99% of Solid waste at Sundar Plant Pakistan
• Work closely with HSE and sustainability Manager in implementing initiatives and projects for Water, Energy and Solid waste reduction and recycling and achieved PEPSICO Centre of Excellence Awards of H&S, ReCon Water and ReCon Energy
• Develop and execute the yearly manufacturing plan (AOP) to deliver the business objectives (production volume, manufacturing controlled cost, quality, safety)
• Insure the alignment of the manufacturing organization with the company vision, purpose and priorities.
• Interacted with the Operation’s Front line to identify reasonable & cost effective Capability needs
• Provide instruction and answer questions relating to budget procedures and serve as liaison between the business office and unit areas.
• Identify budget issues, provides alternative solutions, and resolves problems.
• Developed monthly and quarterly performance indicators and management reports.
• Ensured adequate systems of internal controls are established on PEPSICO MIS system.
• Developed and implemented annual plan to establish improvement targets for M&W, Supply Chain, Finance and Agronomy Measures.
• Produced periodic budgetary performance and control reports on grants (budget expenditure reports).
• Ensured strict compliance to PEPSICO finance and operations manual and internal control policies and procedures and review such procedures as and when required.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Reporting:
• Successfully Supported Plant Manager & Head of Operations by providing them accurate and timely KPI reports / decks to enable them to take corrective and preventive decisions regarding business operations.
• Coordinated with all functions (Production, Quality, HSE, HR and Engineering) to get information and validate the same from source documents.
• Monitored, tracked & reported PI Global Benchmark Matrices on periodical basis.
Preparation of following KPI reports (both internal and regional level) and reported the same within predefined timelines:
• BU Monthly report for Operations.
• Global monthly KPI reporting for overall operations including M&W, Supply Chain, Finance & Agro.
• Suppy Chain Quarterly transportation metrics results on PI measure-up system
• Monthly Plant Operations Performance review deck to region.
• Monthly Packaging & Labor KPI deck to region.
• Monthly Plant KPI Scorecard with the Leadership team.
• Conducted regular shop-floor and bi-monthly classroom sessions to ensure 100% plant population at Sundar is aware of basic Production, Quality, Sustainability and Safety KPIs.
• Conducted quarterly KPI Health Check and monthly KPI Communication and Awareness audit.
Liaison with Plant Manager to improve KPI performance across Operations:
• Coordinated with region / division capability resources to gather and implemented best practices at Sundar.
• Developed action plans with individual KPI owners and followed up for execution.
• Monitored and ensured Labor standards are being met at Sundar.
• Ensured updated and accurate FIS reporting. Resolved differences between Oracle and FIS reports on a monthly basis.
• Worked with Head of Operations to develop Operations Strat / AOP deck for the period.
• Worked with Operations Planning Manager during Strat and AOP periods to develop comprehensive Directs and MOH for plan period.
Plant Productivity & Profitability:
• Implemented and monitored Batch Costing system from Operations perspective and ensured its accuracy.
• Developed strategies for improvements in cost effectiveness, relating to direct cost conversion and labor efficiencies and manufacturing overhead (MOH) expenditure to improve company profitability through improved plant cost effectiveness.
• Provided Plant Manager with variance analysis, productivity measures and other agreed upon KPI’s.
• Supported efficient management of factory working capital by providing accurate data points on stocks.
• Implemented strategies through co-coordinating meetings with other managers and role players to ensure successful implementation.
Plant KPI Reporting In charge Mar2008 – Sep2010
Responsible for developing, analyzing, implementing and reporting KPIs and working with individual KPI owners to develop and follow-up on improvement actions plans. Ensure KPI awareness is spread to grass-root level.
Operations Performance Management:
Successfully lead implementation of PEPSICO Measure-up system including M&W, Supply Chain, Finance and Agro KPI’s at Sundar Plant Pakistan
Achieved Green rating for timely regional KPI Reporting
Develop reporting mechanism of manufacturing and sustainability KPI’s with collaboration of regional senior OPS leadership team
Accurate and timely monthly closing & Hyperion reporting.
Accurate and timely reporting for balance sheet items that include
Inventories (RM, PM, FG, Agro and SS) levels, aging and estimated days cover.
Payable to Suppliers
Advances to Suppliers / Farmers
Prepared, monitored and control of Direct cost budgets and standards (prepare in conjunction with Financial planning- and R&D departments) and overall plant MOH budgets to ensure expenditure and conversion efficiencies are in line with the annual business plan
Adhered to Financial Reporting (FR) cycle policies and guidelines and periodic revisit FR cycle to bring continuous improvements in the cycle.
Preparation of monthly manufacturing accounts to allocate MOH onto relevant brands for accurate inventory valuations
Supported management during the external and internal audits
Coordinated with Supply Chain department to revisit inventory reserve levels to ensure that potential losses relating to inventories have been measured and provided in the books of accounts.
PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS: Feb2006-Feb2008
BAKER TILLY INTERNATIONAL
Baker Tilly International is the world’s 8th largest accountancy and business advisory network by combined fee income of its independent members, being US$3.2bn for fiscal year 2011. It is represented by 149 firms in 125 countries
I have completed 2 years training in Mehmood, Idrees, Qamar & Co. Chartered Accountants, an independent member of BAKER TILLY INTERNATIONAL. During the ACCA Articles, my practical exposure consists of the following;
I have carried audits on the following sectors;
• Automobile Industry: (Pak Hero, Mughal Engineering (Pvt) Ltd, Islam Engineering (Pvt) Ltd)
• Spinning and Weaving: (Comfort Knitwear Pvt Ltd, Asher Imran Textile, Zulfiqar knitting and Processing Mills(Pvt) Ltd)
• Foods Industry: (Nourbiz (Pvt) Ltd)
• CNG Operating Companies: (Motorway CNG)
• Medical and Health Sector: (Doctor’s Hospital Lhr, Surgimed Hospital, Heart and Body Scan)
• Education Institutions: (Lahore medical and dental college-LMDC)
• Construction Companies: (Divine Developers (Pvt) Ltd, Vision Developers (Pvt) Ltd)
I have carried on various consultancy jobs which include the following;
• Designing of accounting system and implementation of the system.
• Designing of inventory system and implementation of the system.
• Designing of internal control system and implementation of the system.
• Supervision of various assignments, which include data entry, data processing, preparation of reports and review assignments in computerized environments.
• Preparation of internal audit manual and exhibits flow-charts, evaluation, development and implementation of accounting system, system analysis, jobs analysis, job description, designing and development of organizational plans; development and implementation of Management Information System and procedures.
Project evaluation and preparation of feasibility studies
Financial projections and forecasts for Working Capital and Loan Applications.
Preparation of budget models and break-even analysis for one of our firm’s client (Comfort Knitwear).
I have also worked as consultant, under my firm, for running and maintenance of computerized accounting and Internal Control System.
My taxation experience includes preparation of taxation returns of individuals, firms and companies. I have also got the experience of sales tax matters such as preparation and maintenance of sales tax records, supervision of the audits of sales tax. Addition to this I have also worked in the preparation of general introduction of current taxation matters to an entrepreneur to keep him aware of the requirements of different taxation authorities.
I have carried on Internal Control Assignments of our clients as an internal auditor, where my duty includes;
• Maintenance of System of Internal Control.
• Daily vouching of transactions.
• Checking the accuracy and authorization of documents.
• Review of accounting and internal control systems.
• Preparation of interim reports for management.
• Preparation of interim accounts and financial statements.
• Supervision of internal control department.
My experience of Information Technology is about Implementation of various software for;
• General Ledger & Accounting System
• General Inventory System
• Payroll System
• Sales System
• Accounts Payable System
• Factory Information Systems
I have good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and experience in the areas of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, FIS Financial, Oracle Financials, QuickBooks and Peachtree Accounting software.
I have got hands on experience of computerized software including their implementation and troubleshooting.
Career Development and soft skills Trainings: 2008 – 2013
• Measuring the ROI of Governance, Risk and Compliance – by Hyoun Park, Principal Analyst, Nucleus Research
• Power Steering Training – Tool for Reporting Productivity in PepsicCo
• Improved product specification (IPS) training conducted by Caour (U.K Lays Head) -Covered by all of HOD’s of PepsiCo
• Leadership skill training conducted by Max Babri
• Training on snacks technology
• Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI) training conducted by Amr Ibrahim(PepsiCo Regional Capability Head)
• Inclusive leadership profile training
• English Language Skills PepsiCo International
• Motivation at Work Place by Kehkashan Awan (ICI)
• Seven Habits of Covey by Andaleeb Abbas (Franklin Covey)
• The 8th Habits by Andaleeb Abbas (Franklin Covey)
• Importance of Soft Skills in Management
• Effective Business Communication Skills
• Effective problem solving and decision making skills by Zille Elahi
• Presenting with Impact by Zille Elahi
• Strategic Management by Qamber Hassan
Certified Internal Auditor [CIA] – (Institute of Internal Auditors – USA) 2013 – Present
Professional Level Student of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
(ACCA – UK) 2008 – Present
Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA – UK) – 2006
‘O’ Level Cambridge University U.K – 2004
Registered student – Association of chartered & certified Accountants (ACCA) U.K.
Registered student – Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) U.S.A
Affiliate member – Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) U.S.A
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.