A multi skilled, established and trade-tested Instrument Technician with a successful background within commissioning, start ups, running and maintenance of plants, specialising in troubleshooting problems in DCS, scada systems, calibrations, servicing and repair of field instruments. Has a proven track record in controller tuning, HART communication and Profibus PA & DP network, with an in-depth knowledge in a number of areas.
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION QUALITY INSPECTOR (Feb 2014 – to date)
Transnet Capital Project
• Undertaking a multi skilled role with a variety of duties and responsibilities, including maintaining PAL areas, refinery plant, process control systems, ABB AC500 & Siemens S5 & 7 analogue and digital instruments
• Additionally maintaining profibus PA (configurations) & DP network, instruments installation & calibrations and ABB stand alone controllers C100,150, 250, 300, 505 as well as Sinter furnace and thickeners
• Utilising OLMs repeaters on fiber optics when dealing with the overall process communication layout of various plant nodes
• Calibrating weigh feeders; pressure, temperature, flow and level transmitters; control valves and rheometers (MDR & ODR)
• Ensuring all work is completed in consistent adherence with standard operating procedures and work instructions as well as governing health and safety guidelines and procedures
• Carrying out POVT (Pre-Operational and Verification and Testing) of all loops from DCS to the RIO’s and to Instruments, calibrating at the same time.
• Cold / Hot commissioning of all field instrumentation in commissioning plants and participating on in-house project planning and implementation
• Using P&ID diagrams, loop diagrams, instrumentation index, cable schedules and cables to the required positions, termination diagrams / schedule to terminate cable in FJBs, RIOs, LCP calibration of instruments and instrumentation local diagrams to locate instrumentation and install / pull them
• Installing, glanding and terminating instruments correctly in addition to ensure all point-to-point and loop checks are correct
• Updating P&ID, loop wiring drawings, electrical schematics and motor control circuits through the utilisation of SIMOCODES
• Fully accountable for the maintenance and repair of variable speed drive (profibus DP network), soft starts, belt scales (Ramsey technology), belt sequence starting and control devices
• Calibrating smart and pneumatic transmitters for temperature and pressure measurement, flow measurement such as magnetic flow meters and D/P transmitters, ultrasonic / radar transmitters for level measurement
• Maintaining Weigh Bridges, carrying out boiler and generator G/O and stat Inspections as well as servicing and overhauling control valves, actuators and valve positioners from different suppliers
• Efficiently transferring knowledge at all times when training apprentices and engineering learner students
• Undertaking planned electrical and instrumentation maintenance, installing and commissioning plant instruments and plant equipment performance analysis
• Interpreting electrical schematics and PLC I/O schematics and gaining valuable extensive experience in pneumatic and control loop systems
• Maintaining both boiler and compressor instruments, carrying out preventative maintenance of plant process equipment as well as supervising / monitoring planned maintenance system
• Fully accountable for plant calibrations, installations and monitoring spares utilisation and in completing down time analysis and long term solutions to recurring breakdowns
• Providing valuable assistance with project and maintenance commissioning and developing in-depth knowledge of instructions, PLCs and single loop / stand alone controls / controllers
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION QC Inspector (Sep – Nov 2013)
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTAL COMMISSIONING TECHNICIAN(Aug – Sep 2013)
B & W IE
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERVISOR (Nov 2012 – Aug 2013)
Kentz Engineers & Constructors
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION COMMISSIONING TECHNICIAN / CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERVISOR (Aug 2011 – Oct 2012)
WiseDesign Africa for Bateman International
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERVISOR (Feb 2011 – Jul 2011)
B & W IE
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION SUPERVISOR (Nov 2010 – Feb 2011)
B& WIE for Kolomela Mine
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (May 2009 – Nov 2010)
Kelvin Power Station
CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (Aug 2008 – Apr 2009)
Namibia Custom Smelters
SENIOR CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (Apr 2005 – Apr 2007)
Dunlop Zimbabwe Pvt Ltd
APPRENTICE CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN (Apr 2001 – Mar 2005)
Dunlop Zimbabwe Pvt Ltd
Education And Qualifications
NQF Level 6
Certificates of Completion of Apprenticeship Contract and Skilled Worker Qualification (Class 1 Journeyman Control & Instrumentation Technician)
National Certificate Control & Instrumentation
National Diploma Electronic Engineering: Control & Instrumentation
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.