Professional engineer with 23 years’ experience demonstrated in project, maintenance engineering and site supervisory positions in the Oil, Power and Steel industry located in Kazakhstan, Germany, China, Russia, North Africa and Georgia while performing, a wide range of duties including installation, commissioning, maintenance and reliability engineering on HV/MV/LV electrical equipment, control and instrumentation systems.
Qualifications, Education & Memberships
University of Liverpool Bachelor of Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Carmarthenshire College Higher National Certificate (HNC) Electrical Engineering
Gorseinon College BTEC National Certificate (ONC) Electrical Engineering
Swansea College City & Guilds of London 2381 Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671
Swansea College City & Guilds of London 2391 Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
Member, Institution of Engineers Australia (MIEAust) №: 4042099
Electrical engineer with 23 years’ experience demonstrated in project, maintenance engineering and site supervisory positions working for various clients in the Oil, Power and Steel industry located in Kazakhstan, Germany, China, Russia, North Africa and Georgia while performing, a wide range of duties including installation, commissioning, maintenance and reliability engineering on HV/MV/LV electrical equipment, control and instrumentation systems. Experienced in all aspects of project and maintenance engineering including conceptual design, feasibility studies, due diligence, planning and scheduling, estimation, bid preparation, reliability, condition monitoring, preventive maintenance, root cause analysis, risk based inspection, continuous improvement, spare parts management, QA/QC, construction, testing, commissioning and handover.
Project Manager, Datoba Construction LLP
January 2013 to Date
Performing the role of Project Manager at the Maersk Oil Kazakhstan $1 billion Phase II development of the Dunga Oilfield, Republic of Kazakhstan, this included the installation of pipe racks, pipework, pig receivers, HV substation, central control room, trace heating, instrumentation, well head skids and well hook up installation works while also overseeing the technical aspects of process shutdowns and turnarounds.
• Managed the project execution, stakeholder engagement and governance processes throughout the project lifecycle.
• Provided hands on experience with various aspects of the design and construction works.
• Acted as the point of contact between sub-contractors and clients production department to ensure minimal disruption to construction activities particularly during shutdowns and turnarounds.
• Prepared, maintained and monitored project schedules to ensure execution of project within technical constraints.
• Prepared and implemented Health & Safety and Quality Control requirements as required by the Oil industry and in accordance with Clients technical and engineering standards.
• Completion of Request for Inspections (RFI), Inspection Test Plans (ITP) for acceptance by client, and ensured all documentation was compiled and completed in the correct manner.
Additional responsibilities were the management of various tender offers in the Kazakhstan Oil and Gas industry:
• Maersk Oil Kazakhstan – 15MW Power Station
• TengizChevroil – Crude Shipment Capacity Project
• Karachaganak Petroleum Operating – Pre-FEED study of a 200MW Power Station
Senior Electrical Consultant, SMS Siemag Services
June 2007 to January 2013
Appointed as Electrical Maintenance Consultant to create and manage maintenance engineering programs including the creation of Equipment Tree and RCM data for all equipment associated with Steel Making Complexes (Meltshop, Continuous Casting Machine, Plate Mill, Hot Strip Mill and Pipe Mill) in Europe, China, Russia and North Africa.
• Established the maintenance structures inclusive of manning, spares, tooling, planned preventative maintenance, safety procedures, work procedures, isolation procedures, training, budgeting and analytical requirements.
• Developed maintenance strategies to optimise plant availability and maintenance costs.
• Advised Clients on product handling, risk analysis, inspection & repair and maintenance technology.
• Supported the development of work orders and maintenance and engineering procedures utilising Maximo and SAP PM.
• Developed various engineering standards, reliability working practices and employees mindset culture.
• Planned, scheduled, implemented and coordinated Condition Monitoring programs.
• Analysed maintenance day reports with particular emphasis on documenting Root Cause Analysis.
• Performed detailed inspections on electrical and instrumentation components on various systems, plant and equipment.
Senior Electrical Engineer, McLellan & Partners Ltd
July 2003 to May 2007
Reporting to the Group Director my duties was the management and control of electrical installation, commissioning and maintenance engineering contracts in the UK Oil & Gas and Steel Industries.
• Planned and monitored field electrical activities to ensure execution of projects within technical and budgetary constraints.
• Managed the installation and maintenance of the 33kV to 415V distribution, switchgear and transformers.
• Created and implemented reliability engineering programs and preventive maintenance tasks.
• Established a Condition Monitoring program for all static and rotating E&I equipment.
• Reviewed and analysed equipment condition and advised Client on replacement strategy and action plans.
• Evaluated Clients KPI’s and recommended preventive and corrective measures to achieve set targets.
• Implementation and maintaining a Lock Out Tag Out system to provide a high level of electrical safety during the MV rehabilitation works through to commissioning.
• Responsible for Permit’s to Work, from the compilation of work packs including all drawings and technical data drawn from the client’s database.
Resident Electrical Engineer, Binnie Black & Veatch Ltd
May 1999 to June 2003
Reporting to the Regional Director, I was appointed to manage all electrical engineering projects executed over a 4 year period for the AES Corporation in the Former Soviet Union Republic of Georgia.
• Technical due diligence of an 800MW Supercritical Gas Fired Power Station.
• Specification for the purchase and cost effective overhaul of 2 x 300MW Gas Fired Power Station.
• Technical specifications for the rehabilitation and repair 110kV switchgear and protection systems.
• Management of expat electrical supervisors and local electrical contractors during the installation of a re-metering project for Georgia’s capital city, Tbilisi, with a population of 1.5 million customers.
• Contract supervision for the refurbishment of 150, 6kV & 10kV transformer points.
• Building services installation works for AES Telasi, The British Embassy Tbilisi and the European Union Delegation of the European Commission in Georgia.
Site Electrical Engineer, McLellan & Partners Ltd. June 1995 to April 1999
Electrical Engineering Undergraduate, University of Liverpool September 1992 to June 1995
Junior Electrical Engineer, W.S. Atkins & Partners Ltd. June 1988 to August 1992
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.