An experienced design manufacturing and project engineer with a genuine interest in design and innovation underpinned by an Open University Diploma, able to work as part of a team or on his own initiative. Well-developed MRP and CAD/CAM skills in identifying improvements in design variances, and in the flow through to efficient tooling and manufacture. Keen to develop all recent experiences and transferable skills in application of technology to design and innovation in a manufacturing setting.
1. Undergraduate diploma in design and innovation (Open University) 2002.
Consists of: Innovation: Design, Environment and Practice.
Design Principles and Practice.
Courses attended include:
2. AutoCAD 3D inventor 2012.
3. Parametric Macro programming 2003.
4. Microsoft Excel Levels 1, 2 and 3 Database course 2003/3.
5. 3D design AutoCAD 2002.
6. AutoCAD 2002 Update course 2002.
7. SMED (single minute exchange of dies) awareness course 2002.
8. Radan CAD/CAM programming for machine tool 1998.
9. Living with technology degree foundation Course (OU) 1995
Apr 2014 – To date
Multi-national company, manufacturing environment, UK market leading manufacturer of commercial foodservice refrigeration equipment for the catering industry.
Position: Sub contract design and development engineer.
1. Liaising with project managers-engineers in order to design a safe and cost effective solution for their project.
2. Design for ease of manufacture required models and drawings using 3D Platform – SolidWorks 2012.
3. Manage all aspects of prototyping.
June 2013 – Dec 2013
New Store Europe.
Multi-national company, manufacturing environment point of sale and bespoke products for the retail industry accounts including Sainsbury’s, Asda Boots and Wilkinson’s for example.
Position: Sub contract design and development engineer.
1. Customer face to Asda and Sainsbury’s design team.
2. Liaise with the client and project managers in order to manage and develop new projects from concept to prototype.
3. Ensure that the customer expectations are managed in order to control the design of a safe and cost effective solution for their enquiry. 3D Platform – SolidWorks.
4. Supply technical drawings and support for the client, as well as the in house and sub contract manufacturing base (home and abroad).
Apr 2013 – June -2013
Developing signage products ranging from structural illuminated pylons for automotive clients to internal signage for supermarkets including Tesco and Sainsbury’s
Position: Sub contract design engineer.
1. Duties include but not exclusive to developing signage products as part of a team of engineers, also using own initiative. 3D Platform – AutoCAD Inventor and vault.
2. Manage workloads for all development engineers, ensure all lead time are achieved report back to senior management any issues pertaining to failure in order to resolve issues/problems.
3. Technical support for in house and sub contract manufacturing base.
Oct 2007 – Apr 2013
Eden Speciality Metals
Multi-national American company, manufacturing environment point of sale and speciality products for the retail industry accounts including Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Asda. One of my engineering designs was entered into the 2012 Asda Dragons Den innovation and design, award and won.
Position: Design and development engineer
1. Close liaising with client and project managers in order to lead the project and design a safe and cost effective solution for their enquiry.
2.. Undertake development from client or project managers brief.
3. Design for ease of manufacture using 3D platform – AutoCAD Inventor. Design for ease of manufacture using AutoCAD 2000 – 13.
4. Manage prototypes from inception to manufacture and installation.
5. Procurement and purchase of any materials and parts for prototype Manufacture.
6. Liaise with all sub-contractors as and when required.
7. Visit site in order to instruct and oversee installation.
8. Technical support for client and manufacturing base.
9. Member of Innovation and continuous improvement team.
2003 – Oct 2007
Family owned company manufacturing environment food conveyance systems for red and white meat preparation industry.
Position: Design and development engineer (Head of department)
1. Undertake site surveys in order to design, develop, and manufacture required food processing machinery.
2. Develop products for ease of manufacture using AutoCAD 2000/7.
3. Liaise with client and production (all aspects and stages of manufacture).
4. Procurement and purchase of any materials and parts for manufacture.
5. Liaise with all sub-contractors as and when required.
6. Visit site in order to instruct and oversee installation.
7. Technical support for client and manufacturing base.
1987 – 2003
Multi-national German owned company, manufacturing environment control systems for environment control such as Tunnels in Hong Kong.
1999 – 2003
Position: Manufacturing and data engineer.
1998 – 1999
Position: CAD/CAM programmer.
1994 – 1998
Position: Press brake setter operator and Deputy Cell leader.
1987 – 1994
Position: Sheet metal worker.
1981 – 1987
JW Walker and Sons Ltd.
Position: Apprenticeship served Organ pipe maker.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.