I've got 14 years’ experience in Oil&Gas industry Business as Usual Management, QA Inspection, Expediting, Project Controlling. 11 Years in IT and Communications Installation, Commissioning and Testing.
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) • Prince 2 Project Management Foundation and Practitioner.
• WiMax Network Designer Engineer
• ADVA Certified WDM OSA Installer
• Beng Internet Engineering
• City and Guilds 3667-02
Unit 1 Principles of Communications Cabling
Unit 2 Internal Fibre Optic Installation
Unit 3 External Fibre Optic Installation
• BT Openreach DC power trained
• Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
• CSCS Computer Systems Installer
• NRSWA Unit 2
• Basic Disclosure Scotland
• Studied the Certified Fibre to the Home Professional (CFHP) Program manual
Attended courses, Cisco CCNP Qualification
Switch Course date 24/07/2011 – 30/07/2011
Route Course date 14/08/2011 – 20/08/2011
Trained on NEC SpectralWave DW4000
Trained on NEC Spectral Wave U-Node
December 2009 – On going,
Modular Network Solutions, ADVA I & C Engineer
BT Optical Spectrum Access P-to-P Network
• Install, Commission, BERT, RTD and Throughput Testing ADVA’s FSP 3000R7 DWDM and SDH PtP system 1G to 10G Fibre Channel, GbE and STM1-64. Testing with VeEX VePAL MX300 10GbE Test Set. BT Cisco Routers. In BT Exchanges, Data Centres and Customer premises.
• AC and DC Rectifier system Eaton power, Quality Assurance of Installation.
BT21CN Huawei Metro DWDM Transmission Engineer
• Install, Commission, Test and Trib Infill DWDM Huawei Opix Metro 6100
• Balancing with OSA and Stability Test using EXFO FTB- 860 G NetBlazer, Quality Assurance of Installation, Huawei iManager T2000 .
T2S Migration Commissioning NOC Engineer
• Huawei MA5600T CWDM OLT Tactical to Strategic Head End Migration.
• Test the Live data throughput from the OLT to the deployed Dslam’s and
OLT to CP over BT Core network using the Spirent Test Centre v3.61.
• Huawei iManager U2000 NMS , re-configure IP and static routes run script’s on Dslam ‘s connected to Strategic OLT
• Migrate CP’s from from Tactical to Strategic OLT’s and test data throughput.
• Liaise with BT Engineers on Migrating Tactical to Strategic OLT’s, re-splicing fibre links and connection testing. Decommissioning of Tactical OLT.
FTTC Huawei Dslam / Head End Commissioning FTTC Access Engineer
• Deployment and Network Integration of BT Fibre to the Curb (FTTC) CWDM project OLT (Headend) and DSLAM based Street Cabinet.
• Commission, Troubleshoot and Testing BT FTTC DSLAM and GPON OLT Huawei SmartAX MA5600T, MA5603T and MA5616.
• SmartKit BCTool , Auto Check Tool and Inspector software, Test Fibre light readings Install back up batteries and run fail over test, Perform Alarm Tests, Write Commissioning and Test reports.
• Quality Assurance of DSLAM and OLT installations.
FTTC ECI Dslam Commissioning FTTC Access Engineer
• Commission, Troubleshoot and test ECI Hi-Focus FTTC DSLAM.
• Run Automate and various acceptance tests according to the Commissioning Document.
September 2009 – December 2009
Epitiro, UK I & C Engineer
• Install 21CN Test Head, configure and Test VPN Linux Router’s, Modems, Switches and KVM’s.
• Build, re-image and Install AT400 rack XP Servers, run various DSL connectivity tests.
August 2007 – October 2008
Atos Origin, London
• Transitioning of three separate WAN networks to one new integrated, secure infrastructure, all with minimum disruption to the Ministry of Justice’s business and staff. To work as a team with BT, EDS, Global Crossing, and Fujitsu on the installation of the new integrated Cisco and Packeteer LAN network.
• Run various link tests Pre and Post Cutover and evaluate the results. Troubleshoot any network issues on the new and secure DISC Wan. Floor walking the office to solve any queries.
• To carry out AWS, IMAC and ISDN Audit’s Reports and Visio Documentation on Existing Data and VOIP networking equipment installed pre and post Transition.
June – August 2007
Tjames Communications, East Sussex
• To Survey, Install, Commission and Troubleshoot Microwave Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multi Point backhaul networks in East Sussex council run buildings and offices.
• Safety, Rooftop and Harness training.
June 2006 – March 2007
• Install Cisco Routers, Switches and Configure Vlans and Test PSTN and LLU and run various acceptance tests, Liaise with BT of Sky’s LLU’s in BT MUA and POP sites.
• Quality Assurance LLU and Survey the site for further expansion and submit a final LLU build and future expansion report.
February – June 2006
The Cloud, Wireless Facilities International Ltd, Guildford
• To provide NOC 3rd line Network support using Remedy on WIFI ISP Hotspots and Installations.
• Configure VPN, Wireless firewalls and Cisco IOS routing protocols on networking equipment.
• Coordinating 3rd party Installation teams and providing onsite Network support and Troubleshooting.
• To WIFI Survey and advice the customer on the network design and implementation costs across the UK and Europe.
October 2005 – February 2006
ISG Webb, Seven Oaks
• Managing SLA’s and completing against agreed time limits.
• Responsible for providing onsite Network support on WAN, LAN and WLAN.
• Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting of Cisco IOS and Hardware, HP Servers, EPOS, PC’s and various Microsoft applications.
July 2004 – April 2005
Ensign Communications, Wareham
• To Commission and RF Survey sites across the UK and produce an RF Site Survey report.
• Liaise with 3rd party installation contractors on installation of Cisco Access Points and Switches.
• Configure TCP/IP for the Intermec 700 series PDA and the TEC SP2D Wireless Printer, for the use of testing the connectivity and roaming of Wireless Network.
October 2004 – On-going (mainly on weekends or when not working during the week)
I’ve been doing various work for different companies and WISP’s Freerunner, WICS and MaxWifi. Any firms that need ADHOC engineers.
• To Splice SM, MM Fibre pigtails.
• Troubleshoot and Provide Wifi Network Support for The Welsh Rugby Union.
• To Schedule, Rollout and Test WIFI Hotspots across Scotland.
• WIFI and GSM Wireless survey and installation.
• Install Lan and Wlan, configure Cisco 837 routers, 3550 switch, 1242 AP’s and IP Phones
• Survey, install and Test Cisco Switches, Routers, AP’s, Cat 5e, Cat6 and Fibre LANs and WLANs.
• Audit and Survey existing network Topology and produce report and Visio diagram.
• Communications Room installation, Auditing and Recording of Asset’s.
• Migration of Windows NT4/W2K/Office 97 to Windows XP/Office 2003.
• Responsible for Desktop and Network 1st and 2nd line support.
February 1989 – April 2003
Vector International, Port Talbot
The Vector Group is a leading single source supplier of complete piping packages, offering total solutions to the Oil & Gas industry worldwide industry working in various roles with a turnover of between £6 – 9 million. I’ve held various positions within Vector international, Part Time while studying for Degree.
July 2002 – April 2003
Production Controller (Part-Time)
• To Design, Implement and Control a new Manufacturing and Despatch program within the company.
• To Prioritise and Allocate Responsibilities to the Manufacturing and Associated Departments,
• Expedite Checklist with the Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality Departments regarding Customers orders and Liaise with Customers regarding order status.
September 2001 – July 2002
Purchasing Assistant (Part-Time)
• To assist the daily running of the purchasing department. To purchase raw material to the customer’s specification using MRP.
• Liaise with 3rd party suppliers on pricing and delivery performances.
• Entering Bills of Material onto the Efacs system.
June 2001 – August 2001
Project co-ordinator (Part-Time)
• To co-ordinate the final inspection and despatch of Major Projects.
• Liaison with Project Manager’s and Suppliers on purchasing, despatches, deliveries, manufacturing lead-times and any problems during the Projects lifecycle,
• QA and Technical liaison for Piping Classes, Data Sheets and Material specifications, covering new and existing products.
December 1996 – March 2000
Expeditor/ Project Coordinator/ Despatch, Goods inward Manager
To Manage, Expedite and the Co-ordination of all Business as usual orders and specific Projects for Major Oil, Gas Companies and Platforms, on and Off Shore, In the U.K. and Abroad.
• Expedite all orders and update the Production Checklist to ensure on time deliveries. Prioritise and manage the workload of the Manufacturing, Inspection, Good Inwards and Despatch departments.
• Review future order book for pre-agreed periods and alert Production Manager of any potential problems. Coordination of new projects and Servicing of existing projects.
• Liaise with external Project Managers and Suppliers on purchasing, despatches, deliveries, manufacturing lead-times and any problems.
• To supply the customer with the relevant documentation Material Certification 31.B / 31.C Special Testing, Certification of Finished Product, Collating of Project Data Dossiers.
• Quality Production Planning and Scheduling and the booking of 3rd Party Inspection and site inspection. (Bureau Veritas, Lloyds Register).
• Liaising with various Freight Forwarders and Export Companies, Arranging collection and Shipment of consignments. Ensure to stores are keep up to date with stock and maintain accurate stock audit’s on an annual basis.
May 1994 – December 1996
QA Senior Inspector
• Prioritise the workload of the Inspection Department.
• Be responsible for the administration of all Quality related documentation.
• Liaise with customer/suppliers on Quality related matters and with3rd Party Inspectors and site inspection.
• Assist the Quality Manager in the implementation of the quality system and quality plans.
• Visit 3rd party contractors, suppliers and customers on any quality issues.
March 1990 – May 1994
• Verification of incoming materials from suppliers and 3rd party Engineering firms.
• Verification of components, both during manufacture and at final inspection and Approval of material test certificates to verify compliance to specification and customer requirements.
• Write Non Conformance Product Report (NPR) for any materials or component’s which are not conforming to specification, drawing’s and customer requirements.
• Evaluate and implement any necessary actions. Assist the Senior Inspector in the implementation of the Quality System.
February 1989 – March 1990
Goods Inward Inspector/Store man
• Verification of incoming materials from various suppliers. Checking the material documentation against the purchase order/specification.
• Issuing material to Production via Work Orders, Audit stock and maintain material traceability.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.