I am a global citizen who has witnessed the global village with great interest. My passion lies in building truly innovative global brands and developing highly successful strategic plans. I have run business operations extending from the Far East to North America. I have also developed unique approaches to strategic planning, international business and trade, marketing, public relations, entrepreneurship, operations and media.
A global citizen, British, Canadian and Middle Eastern, who has witnessed the global village through business and academia. An entrepreneur with passion of building truly innovative global brands and developing highly successful strategic plans. A world class international business expert who is determined to make his new mission a success.
CEO & Co-founder of diverse initiatives
VP Business Development
Manager of Marketing & Sales
Visionary and Mentor
Areas Of Expertise
Business Development ($100 M+)
NGOs & Non-profits
Marketing, Media and Public Relations
Screening and nurturing new innovations
Developing accelerator programs
Managing Entrepreneur In Residence projects
Managing portfolio and financing phases
Developing top international entrepreneurial contests, round tables, and IT shadowing
Canadian IT Hero Award of the Year
Top Arab Canadian to Watch 2015
Canadian Research Council R&D Grant
Wesley Nicol Business Plan Award
Parkinson Disease Fellowship R&D Grant
Peter Cleveland Leadership Award
Belgium / France Tech Venture Challenge
Media Spokesperson; interviewed by NY Times, Fox National Post, Rotana, CBC, Globe and Mail, A Morning, and many others
Public Spokesperson in many conferences
Mentor of hundreds of new entrepreneurs
International work experiences; Far-East, Europe, Middle East, USA and Canada
Bachelor of International Business; Canada – Master Level in International Marketing; Belgium in French Language “The secret of success is sincerity.”
~ Jean Giraudoux
I am a global citizen who has witnessed the global village with great interest. My passion lies in building truly innovative global brands and developing highly successful strategic plans. I have run business operations extending from the Far East to North America. These opened my eyes to the international world of opportunities and the importance of taking a long-term view of business relationships. I have also developed unique approaches to strategic planning, international business and trade, marketing, public relations, entrepreneurship, operations and media.
I have led the development of many quality innovations, including products that I launched and delivered to government agencies, Fortune 500 corporations and thousands of big box retailers. Some of my clients include Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, Google and the U.S. and Canadian governments. I exceeded projections with more than 20% for Canon Canada – Eastern photo, video and printers business, despite significant market challenges. I also realized growth of more than 150% for Rogers in wireline and cloud services sectors. Currently, I am leading the international business efforts at Your Compass with goals of expanding to North America and Asia.
In addition, I have distinctive experiences in the entrepreneurial sector, having led and participated in developing several successful incubator and accelerator programs. I have substantial international experience in this field and have developed many long-term business relationships based on loyalty and trust. My effectiveness is based on my ability to deliver what I have committed to.
Brands I have developed include KIWI Choice, 320Reality and Ecosol, amongst many others. At KIWI, I secured R&D grants from the Canadian government and partnered with Memorial University for research purposes. My responsibility was to define new product lines, identify revenue streams, design products and manufacturing methods, and manage business development. I also served as the manager of sales at Ecosol Solar Technologies Inc. While there, I was able to take the Powerstick from its inception through production and get it into dozens of big box retailers, key distributors and other businesses. It is now shipped world-wide.
I have had the honour of serving as a guest speaker at numerous international events. Some of these include CES, Lead to Win, CAI Entrepreneurship, CANJAC, Sharjah Women’s College (SWC), Art of the Start, Motivation Show and Qatar IT Seminar. I have participated in business competitions in the U.S., Canada and Europe – winning several awards for my innovative ideas. I have also participated in top consumer shows for the past 10 years, including CES, ASI, PPAI and Motivation Show.
• Leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
• Creativity and profound expertise on all business fronts.
• Solid experience in business development, marketing and strategic planning.
• Success driven and capable of meeting and exceeding goals.
• Talented public speaker and team motivator.
• International business experiences throughout Canada, USA, the Middle East, China and Europe.
• Confident, enthusiastic, dedicated and very well organized.
• Finalized business plans for many new ventures.
• Worked as an international consultant with different corporations and hundreds of new entrepreneurs.
• Strong experience in hi-tech, FMCG, non-profits and NGOs.
• Corporate Spokesperson for a variety of international media outlets; including NY Times, Fox, CNBC, Al Jazeera, Ottawa Citizen, Rotana, and Globe and Mail.
• Lead and managed teams of more than 30 members.
• Conducted thorough market research in different cities including New York, Ottawa, Toronto, Brussels and London.
• Participated as a guest speaker in different conferences in USA, Canada, United Arab Emirates and Egypt.
• Developed several successful guerilla-marketing campaigns and personally developed all media collateral.
• English (fluent), Arabic (fluent). And French (intermediate).
Director, International Business – Abu Dhabi
Jan 2014 – Present
• Extended Your Compass operations to Canada and Japan.
• Developed world class platform for UAE SMEs.
• Introduced Your Compass model to Gulf institutions; including Khalifa Fund.
• Facilitated the introduction of a consortium of Japanese companies to UAE.
• Finalized a project intended to Hong Kong government.
Business Consultant – Ottawa
May 2015 – Present
Rogers Communications is a diversified public Canadian communications and media company.
In 2015, it generated more than $12.7 billion in revenue. At Rogers I defined strategy to introduce Rogers wireline products to SMEs. The products covered cloud solutions, Fibre, datacenters, M2M and internet of things solutions. I achieved growth of more than 150% in this division.
ITCG, Major Dealers – Toronto
Oct 2014 – Apr 2015
During the six months at Canon, the goal was to define new business opportunities in the fast declining market. I was able to reverse the pattern and realize growth of 20% on major accounts.
COFOUNDER & CEO – MENA
Jun 2012 – Nov 2014
• Developed one of the most unique entrepreneurial platforms in MENA region.
• More than 30,000 fans and thousands of active participants.
• Finalized cooperation agreements with Cambridge University and Microsoft to train MENA entrepreneurs.
• Finalized agreements with accelerators and incubators in Canada, Europe and MENA regions.
• Developed a complete entrepreneurial pipeline to address challenges in MENA.
• Managed an outstanding PR campaign.
CoFounder & VP Business Development – Ottawa
Sep 2009 – Sep 2014
• Raised $300,000 in first round of financing and $1,000,000 in second round.
• Secured for two consecutive years NSERC R&D Grant from the Canadian government.
• Led and managed an engineering team to design and develop more than 11 innovative world class consumer electronics.
• Finalized an agreement with Memorial University where an Associate Professor and PhD student were working on KIWI’s platform of technology.
• Developed and finalized Operations and International Business Development Plans.
• Defined strategic corporate plan and managed investor relations with the rest of the executive team.
• Represented the corporation in the top tradeshows worldwide; including Vegas CES and key technology summits.
• Took the products to Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, Amazon, U.S. and Canadian governments, TSA, Google, BMW, etc.
• Finalized agreements with key international businesses, retailers and distributors in USA, Europe, Australia and Asia.
• Defined supply chain, pricing and marketing plans.
Manager of Marketing & Sales – Ottawa
Jun 2007 – Sep 2009
• Established and finalized Marketing and Sales plan and sales projections for each fiscal year.
• Finalized agreements with over 8000 retail outlets and network providers, including Best Buy (Canada and U.S), Future Shop (Canada), RadioShack (U.S.), Carphone Warehouse (UK and Europe), etc.
• Defined pricing and worked closely with the engineering department and industrial designers.
Cofounder – Mosaic Productions
Mar 2004 – Jan 2008
• Directed and produced animation series for toddlers.
• Sold products online and in trade shows.
• Won a variety of business awards.
Bachelor of International Business – Carleton University; canada
Masters Level Year Exchange at Universite Libre; Belgium.
• Canadian IT Hero Award of the Year.
• Top Canadian Arab to Watch Award 2015.
• Canadian Research Council – NSERC R&D grant ($50,000) for two consecutive years.
• The winner of the Peter Cleveland Leadership Award.
• The winner of the Wesley Nicol Business Plan Award ($10,000).
• The winner of the Bruce Firestone Elevator Pitch.
• The Belgium / France Global Management Challenge.
• The Technology Venture Challenge semifinalist.
• The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation Scholarship recipient ($10,000).
• Board Member of NCCAR Entrepreneurship.
• Active member of Independent Film Cooperative Ottawa, IFCO: Participated in several workshops on film-making, directed many short films, corporate ads, and volunteered at the head office.
• Script Writing: Developed the script for many plays, commercials, animations and info graphics.
• Volunteer at the Canadian Cancer Society.
• Enjoy an athletic life style with my family. My daughter is the youngest member of Tennis Britain National Team and my son is the youngest member in Provincial.
• Guest speaker at different international conferences including; CES, CANJAC, Lead To Win, Sharjah Ruwad Training, Qatar IT, OCLF, Art of the Start and Lead to Win.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.