A results driven, self-motivated and resourceful managing director with 20 years’ experience in construction and demolition waste management and recycling, leading and growing all sectors of the business to make it a dynamic and progressive organisation. A competent business director, able to develop strategic projects and win business through tenders and personal sales. Possessing excellent communication skills and able to establish sustainable and profitable relationships with customers.
• NVQ Waste Management WAMITAB Level 4
• HGV Class 1
• 360 degree Hydraulic Excavator Operator
• Front End Loading Shovel Operator (20T plus)
• City and Guilds Motor Mechanic
• British Institute of Inn keeping
• Level in English, Art, Metal Work, Geography
• CSE in Mathematics and History
Company: VISSAP- Management Consultancy
Position: Senior Consultant
Period: January 2014 – Present
• Mentoring operational waste recycling senior team strategic management of screening, crushing, and process of materials for re-use in the construction industry and utility sector.
• Providing guidance and advice to business and industrial waste sites on waste management issues
• Leadership development on comprehensive environmental waste management compliance program, training and creating visual management performance measures.
• Equipment analysis, recycling improvement and problem-solving for waste management industry with high level of expertise in process optimisation and resource efficiency.
Company: Philip Major Waste Disposal Ltd
Position: Managing Director
Period: February 1994 – December 2014
Direct Reports 6 Indirect Reports 41
• Identifying, developing and directing the implementation of business strategy for the overall running of the business, operating in the waste management and aggregate recycling sector
• Cultivating the company’s reputation leading to sourcing of end user client and running high value contracts with various clients, managing a 6 acre site and 47 employees.
• Liaising and consulting with officials of government departments and regulatory bodies creating and maintaining links with other trade and professional associations.
• Financial accounts management reviewing Profit / Loss and Balance Sheet reports driving healthy budgetary control, building client relationships resulting in revenue and profitability growth.
• Ensuring compliance with current legislation in handling and disposal of waste materials implements programs to meet the goals of waste reduction and recycling targets
• Aligning all business processes and procedures to latest legislation regarding waste management, road transport, process machinery, employment law and health and safety
• Managing multi-disciplined teams, resolving any conflicting priorities.
• Development and personnel performance management for all employees aligned to business strategy
• Create and implement business key performance indicators with tiered management approach driving business improvement approach
• Involved in the research and development of materials using hydraulic binders to be used in public highways.
• Grew a family run Skip Hire business with a turnover 400k in to a state of the art materials management and recycling business with annual turnover of £2.2 M
• Apportioned business into 3 sectors, Utilities support, Waste Management and Recycling with each division delivering between 22 -65% net profit
• Delivering projects supplying recycled aggregate various construction programs for clients i.e. Liverpool Airport, National Grid, Mersey Docks and Harbor, United Utilities and Scottish Power to name but a few
• Create corporate DVD in hard copy detailing an operational overview of the waste management and recycling operation showing technical and business growth of the business
Company: Inn Coope Retail Ltd
Period: 1991 – 1994 Market: Retail
• Trained for public house management consisting of a 6 month training course with various holding reliefs to gain experience resulting in qualification with The British Institute of Inn keeping for Public House Management.
• General Management responsibilities for the business group, with a hands-on approach to the operations (employing, training and supervising over 30 bar staff per facility.
• Became a troubleshooter for the company turning around failing business by enhancing the reputation, service and quality standards
Company: TML Ltd – Construction
Position: Underground Plant Operator
Period: 1989 – 1991
• Working in an underground environment on the construction of the Channel Tunnel
• Main duties were as hand tunnels fitter, supporting the construction labour force. Operating the machinery required, including front end loaders, 360 degree excavators and mining machinery.
• Conveyor belt maintenance including fabrication and welding. Maintenance of all hand tools which required to be carried out underground without the use of a workshop. Requiring resourcefulness, working on my own initiative to keep operations running.
Company: GMSH Ltd – Retail
Position: Plant Operator/
Period: 1984 – 1989
• HGV / Plant Fitter responsible for keeping more than 30 fleet vehicles operational working in adverse environments.
• Gaining extensive knowledge of both screening and crushing operations enabling process and production 365 days a year.
Company: Dutton Forshaw Ltd – Automotive
Position: Apprentice Mechanic
Period: 1979 – 1984
• Serving a 5 year apprenticeship as a British Leyland mechanic and gained a City and Guilds accreditation
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.