I have proven my leadership skills by managing, training and motivating teams in order to meet set deadlines/targets. I am highly motivated by the achievement of efficient and excellent results in whatever project or task I am assigned and enjoy putting my extensive operational skills to the test. I am dedicated to maintaining and improving banking standards by providing systemic and procedural solutions. All this is the culmination of having worked in the Operations area.
FBME Bank Ltd Nicosia, Cyprus
Senior Assistant Manager March 2006 – Present
• Banking Operations Supervisor and Project Manager
• Reporting directly to Group Head of Banking Operations
• Supervised Operations Department units
• Undertook investigations of Unresolved Payments Unit into Operations
• Solely responsible for creating new products in the Flexcube Banking System
• Trained Cyprus branch staff on new products.
Specialisation in Flexcube Oracle Banking System
• Appointed to be part of the Upgrade Core Team- upgrading “Flexcube” banking software (Oracle)
• Prepared the upgraded Flexcube version to going live from UAT Script, Testing Requirements, Sanity Testing in India along with writing the Manual of Procedures for the entire bank regarding the assigned modules
• Solely responsible for eleven modules of the upgrade: Bills & Collection, Foreign Exchange, Trade Finance, Money Market, Funds Transfer, Retail Teller, Integrated Liquidity Management, Corporate Deposits, Fixed Assets, Nostro Reconciliation and Security Management System
• Performed the automation of card uploading with funds initiated from FBME Internet Banking
• Performed the automation of outgoing transfers initiated from FBME Internet Banking
• Performed the automation of incoming transfers
• Implemented the East African Regional Payment System
• Upgraded profiles of the Security Management System for the bank’s employees
• Implemented SEPA payment transfers
FBME Bank Ltd Tanzania
• Transferred to Tanzania from September 09 to December 09 to consolidate banking operations and train staff members.
• Assisted the new General Manager in Tanzania.
• Appointed to assist the bank’s Consultants (ex SVP of the bank).
• Trained and assisted in the UAT of the upgrade of the banking system.
• Appointed to investigate Fraud at the Tanzanian office.
• Reconciled corresponding bank accounts across the groups.
• Implemented the set-up of a new branch in the banking software.
• Monitored branches to ensure adherence to bank policies and procedures.
• Implemented Tanzania Interbank Settlement System.
• Assisted Group Head of Operations in assimilating the banking operations department.
University of Nicosia Nicosia, Cyprus
Bachelor of Economics and Finance June 2004
American Academy of Nicosia Nicosia, Cyprus
High School Diploma June 2000
• Selected Accomplishments: Graduated with High Honors
IFTA Nicosia, Cyprus
CFTe (Certified Financial Technician) October 2013
• Certified Financial Technician under the British Society of Technical Analysts
• Leadership Training by Cherazz Consultants (www.cherazz.com) Nicosia, Cyprus
May 2009 – March 2010
• Back Office Management by Euro-money Training EMEA Nicosia, Cyprus
• IFF on Securities, Settlement, Clearing and Global Custody Nicosia, Cyprus
• SWIFT Nicosia, Cyprus
• Compliance Training Nicosia, Cyprus
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Word, Outlook and other Microsoft Office products and tools
Implemented Central Operations for FBME Bank in Tanzania
Implemented Tanzania Interbank Settlement System for FBME Bank Ltd
Implemented STP for incoming and outgoing payments for FBME Bank Ltd
Trained Tanzanian bank branches for the implementation of banking systems
Implemented policies and procedures at Head Office and four bank branches in Tanzania
Held position of Signatory for the Bank
Won the F1 Grand Prix prize for the “Best Employee” of the Bank competition in 2009
• Fluent in English (Native)
• Arabic (Spoken)
• Greek (Spoken)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.