With a military career of 26 years, progressing through the ranks to achieve a senior middle management position with embedded integrity and outstanding values and standards, I am an extremely highly motivated, well organised enthusiastic caterer who is always willing to learn.
An extremely highly motivated, well organised and enthusiastic Head Chef, with a proven track record in satisfying and exceeding customer expectations. Carries out all tasks in a timely and professional manner with a methodical approach to catering. Can work within stringent budgetary constraints. Effectively manages a team, increasing productivity and morale. A particularly versatile caterer capable of adapting to any situation, who has developed a multitude of additional functional skills that would benefit any organisation, including dealing with people from many different backgrounds and cultures incorporating menu development to increase footfall. He is looking for a suitable position within an organisation in Australia that wants to recruit talented and enthusiastic individuals.
• The ability to achieve the organisations requirements within the timeframe.
• Motivation to inspire team to achieve food specifications and to increase sales and profit.
• Positive interaction with customers and staff to maintain relationships.
• Methodical approach to catering to reduce food wastage.
• Loyalty and commitment to the team and organisation.
• Quality control of food products used within the restaurant.
1989 – 2015 HM Forces – ARMY Army Catering Corps / Royal Logistics Corps. Areas of Operations; Berlin, Northern Ireland, Bosnia, Kenya, Kosovo, Germany and Europe, Iraq, Afghanistan and supporting UK operations.
• HM Forces (1989 – 1992) Army Catering College apprenticeship gaining BTEC first diploma & City and Guilds 706 (1&2).
• HM Forces (1992 – 1997) Commis chef feeding up to 550 customers. Ran a small catering facility single handed in the desert in Kenya feeding 150 people, 3 meals per day for 6 weeks. Also worked in an adventure training lodge for a 6 month period developing menus to accommodate the daily allowance of income to conform to organisational policies.
• HM Forces (1997 – 2004) Promoted to production supervisor and worked in a large central feeding facility in Germany feeding up to 800 people 3 x meals per day, including high class functions for HRH and V.I.P’s guests.
• HM Forces (2004 – 2007). Promoted to restaurant supervisor. Relocated to Bicester and ran three kitchens, catering for a wide variety of clients. Responsible for menu writing, accounts, budgets, discipline, ration ordering, roster writing, designing an accounting package to capture costs on Excel spreadsheets.
• HM Forces (2007 – 2015). Quality assurance restaurant manager. Responsible for everything related to the entire facility. Including equipment procurement and maintenance, building maintenance, health and safety, fire safety, first aid at work, budgets, menu planning, staff training, discipline, briefings and presentations, staff welfare and guidance.
• Calculated wastage reduction against organisation after reviewing food materials and labour output.
• Orchestrated and developed the relocation of a catering outlet facility and implement a positive working environment within a very limited timeframe, culminating satisfied customer base and client and profit to organisation.
• Achieved compliance within safeguard parameters from internal and external bodies.
• Catered for 2500 people with a small team for a charity event raising funds to support the local community.
QUALIFICATIONS & CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• City and Guilds NVQ Level 3, Catering and Hospitality.
• City and Guilds NVQ (A1) Assessor.
• City and Guilds NVQ, TAQA Level 4. Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (6317-42)
• City and Guilds NVQ Level 4 Customer Service.
• Royal Society for the Promotion of Health Certificate in Food Hygiene Management, Advanced food Hygiene Level 4
• NEBS introductory certificate in Management.
• City and Guilds Level 3, PTTLS Preparing to teach lifelong Student.
• City and Guilds, Level 2 in Adult Literacy and Numeracy.
• City and Guilds NVQ (Level 6) Graduateship. City and Guilds Institute – Leadership and Management
• All Arms Unit Health and Safety Advisor.
• Foundation Degree (Level 5) – Hospitality & Food Service Management (Complete July 13)
• Microsoft User – Proficient
• CRB cleared.
• Holds a full UK Driving Licence
• Full UK Passport
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.