I am highly experienced Facilities soft services manager with background encompassing Logistics, Security, & Training management. In the last 13 years, I have managed an extremely busy Administration & Training Department for UK Support Group (Germany), with responsibility for a support staff of 60 military and civilian personnel in multi-national environments. An effective leader, constructive problem solver and skilled communicator committed to the principles of customer care.
January 2001 – August 2013: MoD UK Support Group (Germany), Monchengladbach (Facilities, Logistics, Security & Training Manager)
• Reporting directly to the Site Director and with responsibility for the management of the services and processes for the MoD’s Administration and Training Department in Germany
• Handling the day to day running of all the facilities including accommodation, stores, catering facilities, logistics support, training and conferencing rooms, cleaning, waste disposal, security, grounds maintenance and recycling
• Managing a support staff in excess of sixty military and civilian personnel
• Overseeing the security of the site, staff and visitors including CCTV operation, perimeter security and conducting in-house security training
• Handling all logistics support including supply chain and transport management, stores management, quality control and audit and inspections
• Dealing with hotel services covering function and event management, menu planning, organising VIP lunches and dinners and front of house
• Managing, scheduling and coordinating assigned real estate services
• Supervising all building maintenance repairs and services including overseeing the satisfactory completion of all works by contractors
• Responsible for the maintenance and staffing of a warehouse containing over 6,000 items including IT equipment, audio and visual equipment, office furniture and stationery valued at over £4.5m
• Overseeing the allocation of single living student accommodation and facilities for in excess of 1,500 male and female students
• Monitoring the contract cleaning and waste disposal operation
• Responsible for controlling and issuing vehicle documentation and liaising with the Garrison Transport Office to undertake repairs and servicing
• Additionally, as a Training Instructor and NVQ Assessor responsible for training existing staff and apprentices
• Ensuring health and safety policy is followed at all times
• Conducting risk assessments and making subsequent recommendations
• Responsible for procurement, contract monitoring and driving down costs
July 1978 – December 2000: HM Forces Army
January 1997 – December 2000:
Military Training Instructor & Logistics support
January 1994 – December 1996:
Facilities and Logistics Manager including Training Instructor
May 1978 – December 1993:
Training Instructor (Military Training & Adventure Training Instructor)
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
2014 Health & Safety IOSH
2012 Supervising Food Safety in Catering Level 3
2012 Kitchen Management Level 3
2010 Portable Appliance Testing
2010 Equality and Diversity
2005 Defence School of Logistics (SQMS/CQMS)
2004 A+ Software Support Skills
2003 A+ Hardware Support Skills
2002 Security Management (GGS)
2000 NVQ Assessor D32-33
2000 NEBS Management Diploma
2000 Hotel & Catering Management
1999 Basic Health Safety & Risk Assessment
1998 CL&IT Microsoft Office
1986 Military Training Instructor
• Full clean driving licence
• I enjoy taking part in outdoor pursuits including mountain walking
• I am a keen cooking enthusiast
• I regularly support charity events by holding cooking demonstrations
• I can speak some German, Arabic, Urdu and Ki-Swahili.
• I am computer literate with a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.