A high academic achiever combining a strong background in secondary and post-secondary teaching with considerable experience in retail. Able to work flexibly and effectively on own initiative with the organisational skills required to ensure that deadlines and objectives are met. Possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build rapport with people from all backgrounds. Enjoys being part of a successful and productive team with strong leadership capabilities
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
MBA Marketing (2010)
College of Technology London (University of Wales)
Modules: Corporate Strategy, Operations Strategy & Change Management, International Marketing, Marketing Communications, Managerial & Financial Accounting, Interpersonal Skills & Managerial Development, Managing External Environments and Understanding & Managing Organisations
MA English (2004)
Tribhuvan University, Nepal
Modules: Linguistics, Survey of English & American Literature, Critical Theory from Plato to Post Modernism, Rhetoric & Composition, Short Fiction British & American Poetry Survey, Global Perspective on Drama, Non Western Studies and Intellectual History
BA English and Political Science (2002)
Mahendra Morang Adarsha Multiple Campus, Biratnagar, Nepal
Health & Safety in the Workplace
Languages English and Nepali
IT Proficiency Word, Excel and PowerPoint
GYANKUNJ COLLEGE, KATHMANDU, NEPAL
Post-Secondary English Lecturer 2006-2009
• Playing a key role in the initiation, facilitation and moderation of classroom discussions to engage students in critical debate
• Preparing and delivering lectures on topics including poetry, novel structure, translation and adaptation
• Creating course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts as well as evaluating and grading students’ work
• Working alongside other members of staff to address any teaching or research issues that may arise.
ZENITH ENGLISH SECONDARY SCHOOL, BAFAL, NEPAL
Secondary English Teacher 2003-2007
• Responsible for teaching classes of different ages and ability levels and ensuring that lessons are planned accordingly
• Marking work and providing constructive feedback to students to enable them to overcome any difficulties and fulfil their potential
• Preparing students for qualifications and external examinations including providing additional support if required
• Managing student behaviour in the classroom and elsewhere on school premises and taking appropriate action
• Actively involved in the organisation and supervision of various extracurricular activities including sporting and social events
• Providing significant input to whole school events, attending departmental meetings and parents’ evenings
TESCO PLC, UK
Customer Assistant, Aberdeen 2012-date
• Working in close conjunction with other members of staff to ensure that the highest standards of customer service are delivered in accordance with Tesco’s slogan “Every Little Helps”
• Providing support and assistance to the distribution team to ensure that customer orders are complete and correct in time for dispatch
Visual Merchandiser & Stock Controller, London 2011-2012
• Monitoring and controlling stock and inventory levels and implementing effective visual merchandising to increase sales and improve the customer experience
• Analysing existing inventory processes and trends and making recommendations to drive improvements
• Undertaking the role of Team Leader when required and providing training and support to new members of staff
Price Integrity & Checkout Assistant, London 2009-2011
• Responsible for correctly implementing price changes on the shop floor and checking labels to ensure that customers are not overcharged
• Strategically positioning POS, window posters, car park banners and cyclones to maximise brand impact
• Consistently providing outstanding customer service by handling enquiries in a friendly and helpful manner
STAG SECURITY, ABERDEEN, UK
Security Officer 2012-2013
• Carrying out regular patrols of the site to provide a visible uniformed security presence and keeping log books up to date
• Reporting any incidents or activities to the control room and adhering to correct procedures
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.