Multidisciplinary experience in both industry and academic research. Capability of working to strict deadlines and reasonable pressure. Expertise includes data analysis, design of mathematical modelling, algorithm design, development and integration within system. Experienced in all aspects of software development cycle, engineering design process, and agile working environment.
Passionate about learning new technologies, multidisciplinary research experience in industry and academia. Capability of working under strict deadlines and reasonable pressure. Major projects include the data analysis, design and development of algorithm design using Machine Learning techniques. Design, development and integration of embedded system using sensors and its integration to WSN. Embedded software development of control computer for autonomous air vehicles, and functional and system level testing. Experienced all aspects of software development cycle, and agile working environment. Published results from research in conferences while also attending and presenting the research findings at respective conferences internationally.
01/2012 – 02/2015
Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
10/2008 – 03/2011
M.Sc. Engineering of Computing Systems, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
01/2002 – 12/2005
B.Sc. Computer Engineering, University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan
03/2014 – 12/2014
Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Research collaboration in FARSEEING EU project for elderly, in order to devise an efficient algorithm for physical activity classification using wearable sensors.
• Researched the impact of different wearable sensors at different locations w.r.t physical activity and number of sensors. Conducted survey about subjects acceptance towards body-attached system.
• Systematic data analysis using Matlab, design and development of mathematical model using ML and data mining, determination of optimum statistical parameters.
• Successfully developed the model which improved the recognition accuracy with 95\% confidence.
• Conducted Real-time evaluation and validation of the system in real-time scenario.
04/2011 – 12/2014
Embedded Development Engineer
Contexta Network Solutions S.r.l, Milan, Italy
• Worked and managed part of Contexta-CARE product, designed in the context of independent living of elderly. My task was to develop WSN embedded system and its integration with non-wearable sensors.
• Detailed review of distributed WSN and body sensor networks, digital signal processing and fusion of sensor and model design.
• Understanding system requirements and design of embedded hardware system.
• Developed embedded firmware using computing software C/C++, JAVA, and Python scripts.
• Developed embedded system integration with different sensors, inter communication within WSN, based on IEEE802.15.4.
• Android mobile application development to integrate with system using bluetooth.
• Developed low-level software drivers and interfacing SPI, I2C, UART, TCP/IP communication protocols.
• Successful testing and evaluation of the real-time embedded system on different client sites.
04/2010 – 12/2010
Cargo Clay S.r.l, Milan, Italy
• Analysis, design and implementation of security mechanism in evolution of web information system towards Enterprise Service Bus Framework using MULE ESB software framework based on JAVA API’s.
• Detailed study of the existing web information system.
• Understanding of the software requirements, needed security mechanism and integration of ESB framework as a backbone of the newly designed and improved web information system.
06/2006 – 09/2008
Assistant Manager / Design Engineer
Advanced Engineering Research Organization, Wah Cantt., Pakistan
Worked as team member in the project and supervised 4 members within the project task.
• Experience in electronic design, prototyping, testing \& evaluation for aerial vehicles.
• Experience of Real-Time embedded hardware and software based co-simulation systems development and the use of an integrated development environment for 8-16-32-bit processors (DSP and FPGA).
• Integration of different sensors, ADC \& DAC by Measurement Computing Corp. (DAQ-6703 \& DAQ-6030), Data Translations (dt322) \& National Instruments (PCI-6052E).
• Coordinated in embedded software development, debugging and functional and system level testing.
• Experience in multi-threaded application development and algorithm design in digital signal processing environment.
• Experience in RTL design: knowledge of Verilog and VHDL design experience.
• Experience with digital simulation tools like PsPice, MicroSim, MATALB/Simulink.
• Developed Telemetry software using Visual C++ and experience in Hardware in Loop Simulation for embedded systems.
• Optimized algorithm development using C++(Integration of 3-axis Motion Simulator and Control Computer using ScramNet+) for testing Navigational Algorithms.
• Experienced the agile working environment.
• Weekly meeting with project director and technical documentation preparation.
10/2005 – 02/2006
Center of Advanced Studies in Engineering, Islamabad, Pakistan
• Implementation of Physical and Data-Link Layer of CDMA2000 modem in an existing project.
• Development of DSP Control Algorithms, Simulations and their implementation.
• As teaching assistant; coordinated following courses, Network Analysis, Signals & Systems.
Urdu native, fluent English, Hindi (speaking only), basic Italian.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Technical software’s include Embedded C, C++, Micro-controller/processor IDE, Assembly, Python, MATLAB, JAVA, Visual C++, DSP. Other software includes Verliog, VHDL, Xilinx development, FPGA, Artificial intelligences software like Aloy, LISP, Mathematica, MySQL etc.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.