I offer twenty-five years of technical, management, and advocacy work on educational and institutional capacity development projects. I have a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Phoenix, USA with specialization in Educational Technology and a Master’s in Information Systems from Carleton University, Canada. A certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with a strong experience managing large project teams.
Doctorate Educational Leadership with Specialization in EducationalTeachnology
University of Phoenix, USA, Arizona – 2014
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute (USA), 2010.
Diploma Project Management, Project Management Institute (USA), 2010.
Master’s Information Systems and Science
Carleton University, Canada, Ontario – 2002
Diploma Environmental Engineering
American University in Cairo – 1995
2015 Adjunct professor at the American International College.
2014 Doctoral Student, Completion of doctoral dissertation on Egyptian Gifted Education.
2007 – 2013 – Director, Training, Follow up, and Support of the Technology for Improved Learning Outcomes (TILO) Project, implemented for USAID/Egypt
2001 – 2007 – Keys to Effective Learning
Team Leader of the Student Leadership Discovery Program for Egyptian university students, implemented for the U.S. State Department.
Delivered Student Leadership Development Programs (YELLA) for Egyptian preparatory and secondary students.
Team Leader for the Women Entrepreneurs Project for Egyptian secondary students.
Delivered Bahrain: Assessment Program to select Assistant Principals
Team Leader of the Educational Technology in Schools component of Partner for Competitive Egypt ( PFCE), implemented for USAID/Egypt.
Delivered the Development Training II project (the Alexandria Initiative) implemented for USAID/Egypt supporting the national education reform in Egypt.
Dr. Abdel Kader offers twenty-five years of technical, management, and advocacy work on institutional capacity development and educational projects. Areas of expertise include; project management, budgeting, design, implementation, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation. Leadership development and training, school leadership training, capacity building, teacher training, school reform, educational leadership development, curriculum development, entrepreneurship development, and educational technology. In addition, she also has backgrounds in information technology, e-Learning, instructional design, and blended training.
Dr. Abdel Kader has a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Phoenix, USA with specialization in Educational Technology and a Master’s in Information Systems from Carleton University, Canada. Dr. Abdel Kader is also a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with a strong experience managing large project team (30 professionals).
Adjunct Professor at the American International College (AIC)
• Designed and developed the Research Based course curriculum for the International Education Master’s Program using a blended learning environment.
• Teaching Research Based course and support the International Education Master’s Program students define their research problem and develop the research proposal for their thesis.
• Designed and conducted assessment activities and establishing benchmarks to track students’ progress.
University of Phoenix, AZ, USA.
• Doctoral Scholar, Completion of doctoral dissertation on Egyptian Gifted Education.
Director, Training, Follow up, and Support Unit of the Technology for Improved Learning Outcomes (TILO) Project, implemented for the USAID/Egypt
• Established relationships and obtained required support from the TILO COP, DCOP, Management Team and Partners.
• Established relationships and obtained required support from MOE officials at the central, district, and school levels to facilitate the project implementation.
• Established relationships with the TILO Governorate Coordinators, Master Trainers/ Follow Up and Support Trainers to facilitate the implementation of the Training, Follow up and Support functions.
• Represented TILO Team during high-level coordination meetings and official visits with MOE & USAID.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering all training presentations and orientations at high-level sessions.
• Provided constructive feedback to senior TILO management team.
Work of the TILO Training, Follow Up and Support Component
• Established the TILO Model for technology introduction, pedagogy, and school leadership concepts and approaches.
• Managed and supported a team of 30 people, including Cairo-based Educational Team, senior trainers, master trainers, and follow up and support team across 9 governorates of Egypt.
• Planned and supervised training-of-trainers activities for Master Trainers and Governorate Coordinators, allocated resources, set up dates, finalized agenda, etc.
• Led monthly feedback and “lessons learned” sessions for Master Trainers and Governorate team leaders across the governorates to share their experiences and brainstorm solutions for challenges.
• Monitored and evaluated training operations, programs, processes, and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; made recommendations for improvement.
• Managed and supported the training materials development, translation, and reviewing.
• Conducted school visits to monitor, support, and evaluate teaching practice and student learning.
• Conducted regular visits and meetings with Ministry stakeholders to solve school challenges.
• Provided follow-up and support to governorates/districts and schools as they sustained and institutionalized the TILO Model.
• Collaborated with the Director of Technology to ensure that hardware and connectivity resources were available to support training goals and activities.
• Maintained up-to-date training participant records and data per governorate, cluster, and group.
• Led the team supporting the Professional Teachers Academy (PAT) to build a cadre of accredited trainers, and developed face-to-face and eLearning training materials.
• Provided inputs and feedback on Digital Resources software, connection to the curriculum, and usage.
Management of the TILO Training, Follow Up and Support Component
• Developed and maintained the Training, Follow up, and Support Work Breakdown Structure, Work Plans, Timeline, and Schedule.
• Responsible for setting goals, priorities, and allocating financial resources.
• Provided inputs for budget plans, including a budget estimate to different activities.
• Responsible for the USAID Quarterly and Annual Reports at the central level and for TILO governorates.
• Provided leadership, supervision, and support team on a daily basis to overcoming any challenges they may face, ensure quality of work, and support the team to reach their full potential.
• Played leadership role coaching and mentoring senior TILO Training staff during different stages of the project.
• Developed job descriptions, determined workloads, and delegated assignments and training, monitored and evaluated performance, and initiated corrective or disciplinary actions as needed.
• Approved staff timesheets, annual leave, and travel arrangements.
• Continuously reviewed activities, project progress, resource use, and results to adjust and reallocate according to new needs to complete the scope of work.
Across project units
• Consulted with TILO Curriculum Specialist regarding training design, strategies and content to ensure that training supported participant needs and that student curricula and teacher training were consistent and mutually supported.
• Led the eLearning team and looked for opportunities to provide TILO Training online.
• Managed resources, design, planning, scheduling, delivery, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Supported Community Outreach activities under the Discovery Channel partnership.
• Supported the team that developed Egypt’s first online teacher training courses using Moodle software, and provided continuing feedback; these courses and accompanying materials have been accredited by Egypt’s Professional Academy for Teachers.
2001 – 2007
Team Leader & Lead Trainer Keys to Effective Learning
Working under Keys to Effective Learning on educational projects; the Student Leadership Discovery Program, the Student Leadership Development Programs, the Women Entrepreneurs Project, the Bahrain Assessment Program to select Assistant Principals, the Educational Technology in Schools component of Partner for Competitive Egypt ( PFCE) Project, and the Development Training II project (the Alexandria Initiative).
Student Leadership Discovery Program, implemented for the U.S. State Department
• Provided continuous support and mentoring to the training team before, after, and during the Student Leadership Discovery Program.
• Designed, developed, and led training sessions for university students’ (Leadership – Community – Collaboration and Globalization).
Women Entrepreneurs Project, implemented by the Institute of International Education
• Provided continuous support and mentoring to the training team before, after, and during the Women Entrepreneur’s Project.
• Acted as liaison between the project and the Ministry of Education in Alexandria governorate to organize different activities, including School selection, identifying training groups, setting training dates, location, and inviting the senior Ministry delegation to support the activity.
• Delivered training, evaluated the program, and supported the report.
Bahrain: Assessment Program to select Assistant Principals
• Participated in the design and development of the Assessment Program to select Assistant Principals.
• Trained Bahraini school principals on how to use the assessment tools to select assistant principals.
• Supported Bahraini school principals as they used the assessment tools to select assistant principals.
• Collected assessment results and helped in producing a ranking of the 100 top assistant principal candidates out 500 total.
The Educational Technology in Schools component of the Partner for Competitive Egypt ( PFCE) Project, implemented for USAID/Egypt
• Provided continuous support for the training team before, after, and during the different training activities.
• Participated in the development of the English and Arabic versions of training materials on Educational Technology, Teaching Methodology, and School Leadership Training.
• Delivered series of education and IT training workshops for school teachers, school administrators, Lead Trainers, Ministry of Education Trainers.
• Conducted school visits to participating schools to support and observe the teachers while they delivered their lesson plans, ensuring that they implement correctly what they have learned.
• Provided constructive feedback to teachers and supported them to overcome problems faced in the classroom.
• Attended school meetings with administrators and facilitated the process of developing the School Collaborative Structure and the Mentorship program.
Development Training II project (the Alexandria Initiative) implemented for the USAID/Egypt
• Participated in the development of the Arabic versions of training materials on Teaching Methodology, and School Leadership Training.
• Delivered series of training workshops for school teachers, school leadership, master teachers, and the Ministry of Education Trainers.
1998 – 2001
Team Coach and Web Application Developer, AT&T Canada
• Coached team members on coding, using different web technologies (e.g., JSP, Java Bean, Servlets, JDBC) and led them to set up the environment.
• Instructed team through the design phase and taught how to develop a class diagram, ERD and Sequence Diagram.
• Developed code for sophisticated functions in different layers (e.g., Business layer, Access layer JSPs, and the Java Beans.
• Trained team members on how to develop code for automated testing using JUnit.
• Developed the security code for SWF (Montage web App. Framework).
• Directed team members on how to analyze and fix the generated bugs and issued different releases.
Environment and Gender Specialist, Specialized Institutional Support Project) implemented for CIDA.
• Developed both the Environment and Gender Strategies for the project.
• Prepared the Environment & Gender Plans with detailed activities up to the component level.
• Reported Environmental Recommendation for Maintenance -Procedure Information System and Technical Training Materials.
• Designed, developed Environmental Awareness package and conducted workshops.
• Provided a variety of management training on Life Skills, Decision Making, Personality Dimensions, and Communication Skills for mid-level female managers and supervisors as part of the Gender Unit activities.
• Developed and delivered Pollution Prevention Techniques Workshops.
• Edited and designed a periodic Environment & Gender Newsletter.
1990 – 1995
Project Coordinator, Egyptian Electricity Managers Development (EEMD) Project implemented for USAID/Egypt
• Supported planning efforts to about 500 mid-level managers across Egypt.
• Coordinated project activities and managed resources.
• Improved administrative/institutional procedures and practices in the training systems.
• Developed project schedules, evaluated progress, and developed monitoring indicators.
• Provided training in management skills and strategic planning for the Ministry of Education and the Egyptian Electricity Authority.
• Conducted evaluations of training programs and trainers’ performances.
• Managed the procurement process.
• Developed progress and periodical reports.
Developed the following English/ Arabic Accredited Training Material (Trainers & Participants)
• School Leadership Training Manuals: Leading Change, Building Strong School Team, Motivating and Rewarding Change, IT Skills for Administrators, School Advanced Technology Management Planning (STAMP), and Sustainability Planning.
• Supervisory Training Manuals; Roles and Responsibilities, and Conducting Classroom Observation using SCOPE.
• Effective Teaching Mehtods Training Manuals; Student Centered Learning – Face to Face, Student Centered Learning – Online, Classroom Management, Critical Thinking – Level One, Critical Thinking – Level Two, Problem Solving, Authentic Assessment, IT Integration for Teachers, and Training of Trainers.
• Leadership Training- Institute of International Education (IIE)
• Using the Computer for Cooperative Experiences – PBS Teacherline, USA.
• Introduction to Capstone for Technology Integration, PBS Teacherline, USA.
• Experiential Learning Workshops-Conducted by Creative Encounters, USA
• Project Management- Project Management Institution (PMI), USA.
Graduate Level Courses
• Communication Strategies
• Leadership Theory and Practice
• Social Contexts and Contemporary Issues
• Creative and Critical Thinking
• Developmental and Learning Theories
• Fundamental Principles of Sound Research
• Research Design
• Educational Technology Research
• Leadership in Contemporary Organization
• Planning and Leading Change
• Instructional Deesign
• Distance Learning
• Collaborative Case Study
• Instructional Media and Design Techniques
• System Analysis and Design
• Contemporary Policy Analysis and Development
• Integrating Technology and Curriculum
• Presented research paper titled “Egyptian Teachers’ Awareness of the Characteristics of Gifted Students” at the 2015 Maui International Education Conference.
• Reviewer for the 2015 AERA Annual Meeting of the SIG: Research in Reading and Literacy
• Reviewer for the 2015 AERA Annual Meeting of the Preservice Teacher Education Coursework: Curriculum and Teaching to Improve Teacher Knowledge, Understanding, and Pedagogical Practices.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), USA.
• Certified Personality Dimension Trainer, Canada.
• Certified Java Programmer – Sun Organization, Canada.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.