outcome-oriented Human Resources specialist who has worked in various senior HR positions to assist companies in achieving sustainable business growth and a positive operating culture.
I have a demonstrated ability to manage the demands of employee recruitment, as well as the day-to-day requirements.
My professional development has contributed to my ability to manage these diverse responsibilities, but I believe it is my interpersonal skills and open-door policy that have driven my success
Relevant Qualifications & Education
• Currently studying Msc Human Resource Management Liverpool University online
• Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, level 7, passed three modules, working on last module.
• Chartered Institute of Marketing
• Qualified Assessor Personality & Preference Inventory Psychometric Testing (PAPI)
• PA / Executive Diploma
• Qualified Train the Trainer
• 9 CSE’s
• Courses Attended: Effective Interviewing, Sales Techniques, Appraisal Skills, Disciplinary Procedures, Management Skills, LMPA – Qualified Master Photographer
Energetic, self-motivated and experienced Head of Human Resources committed to improving individual, team and organisational performance by developing HR activities that add value and impact bottom line business results. Able to deliver all aspects of Human Resources on both strategic and operational levels through interpersonal communication, organisational and leadership abilities. I have an excellent overall strategic view, but have a hands-on approach to implement formalized corporate processes and systems. I am comfortable handling a highly multicultural workforce and have the ability to implement a more corporate culture to a developing business.
Key skills include preparation and implementation of HR processes on both strategic and operational levels such as Recruitment, Employee Relations, Orientation and managing key HR administrative activities on a daily basis. An individual who is ambitious and enthusiastic, can apply excellent managerial, interpersonal and communication skills to any business.
MMI & ELR
November 2012 – Present
Head of HR
MMI & Emirates Leisure Retail is a subsidiary company of the Emirates Group, which is a predominately a Food, Beverage & Leisure Retail company. (Costa Coffee & various food outlets)
• Develop and implement an HR strategy that is integrated and aligned with the business strategy to ensure that the company’s current and long term objectives are achieved.
• Contribute to the development of the company’s business strategy as a member of the executive leadership team.
• Work with senior management to determine optimum organizational structures and people resourcing.
• Develop, agree, and implement a compensation, benefits and reward strategy to ensure the company retains and attracts high caliber employees, current head count 2,000.
• Approval of employee terms and conditions, remuneration structures.
• Overall management and development of the Company’s recruitment policy, process, sourcing and selection.
• A performance management culture and process that is aligned to the business objectives and values.
• Lead, manage, and evaluate the HR team, following a restructure.
• Provide comprehensive HR support and capability to each business unit over 110 Costa Coffee shops, plus other licensed outlets.
• Management of all administration relating to Labour Codes, Immigration Licenses, Visas, Government Liaison, and employment services, Passports, Work permits, medical tests, CID & Police, and appropriate Government Departments
• Management of security and maintenance of staff accommodation.
March 2011 – November 2012
Head of Human Resources & Administration
African Industries Group is a very diverse group spread over 5 continents, dealing in various manufactured and trading products it’s a privately owned Group with more than 3,200 employees, with Head Quarters in Lagos, Nigeria and operations in Dubai, UK, Romania, India, China, Ghana. The Group is involved in steel, chemicals manufacturing and trading. (i.e. Glass, Textiles, Steel, Food)
• Main role was to implement uniformity across the organization on all HR aspects for all regions.
• Reporting directly to the shareholders and served on the executive management team
• Implemented systems; organization development; organization charts, employee orientation, KPI/KRA, succession planning, performance management.
• Policy development and documentation; employee policy manual, employee relations;
• Company-wide committee facilitation; company employee and community communication
• Compensation and benefits administration; employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; charitable giving; and employee services and counseling.
• Lead human resources practices and objectives that provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
• Coordinate implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff
• Travelled extensively to India, Nigeria & Romania.
• Managed the Estate Managers, Canteen, Security, HR & Health/Safety departments.
• Managed and developed an HR team (12) Training Team (2) Estate Management (5) Security (5+) & Health/Safety team (5).
• Educating staff, particularly through induction with specialized training for Line managers. Assisting management in establishing avenues of required training and refresher courses, providing support and guidance to employees regarding their personal needs.
• Headhunted and administered the recruitment and introduction of over 50 employees to Dubai.
• Developed uniformity across the organization, staff contracts, job descriptions, competency profiles, appointment letters to improve efficiency, Personnel files, HR templates etc.
• Managed the HR department in Dubai for all administration with regards to Labour, Visa’s, Medical Tests etc.
• Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organisation.
• Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan.
• Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organization, as and when they occur
• Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods
• Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary. Interview senior hires when necessary
• Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date, create new JDs as and when necessary
• Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
• Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
• Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
• Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with dept heads. Implement any increases and promotions.
• Maintain a succession plan for all department
• Worked with Senior Management and blue collar.
Currie & Brown – Dubai, UAE
March 2007 – January 2011
HR Director / Regional Head of Employee Relations
• Directly reporting to Chief Operating Officer, I was responsible for all relevant HR activities including employee issues and all recruitment within the Middle East, Central Asia and Indian continents.
• Managed and developed an HR team consisting of 6 employees. Headhunted and administered the entire recruitment and introduction of 110 employees.
• Established effective local HR programs and processes which complied with the challenges of the business.
• Developed and implemented orientation programme for new employees.
• Conducted Psychometric testing for all internal and external employees.
• Responsible for all Health and Life Insurance issues for all 216 employees.
• Liaised with Company Lawyers to ensure compliance of all Company and Employee legislation.
• Evaluated and delivered the Company’s staffing requirements for short and long term projects. Strongly contributed to an optimized organizational structure by anticipating and planning resources, in line with business targets.
• Updated and implemented Company HR Policy and Procedures Manual in line with local labour laws. Consulted
with line managers to facilitate putting policies into operation.
• Designed and produced staff handbooks to ensure that workforce familiar with Company policies.
• Management of all grievance and disciplinary procedures
• Conducted exit interviews with departing staff members and reported on monthly basis causes of staff departures
along with specific recommendations on lowering undesired staff turnover.
• Prepared Annual Training Budget.
• Completed Training Need Analysis and executed follow-up training and evaluation of training for all employees.
Managed and maintained external and internal training courses as necessary.
• Preparation of monthly payroll for 216 employees and payroll activities including annual leave, ticket entitlement, attendance, advances and other financials.
• Working in close conjunction with Company PRO ensuring all labour and immigration requirements are carried out.
• Established and maintained good working relationship with Regional Management Team, thus ensuring good
employee relations between employer and employees.
• Organized and assisted with team building and staff social activities to boost employee morale.
• Advised and counseled employees on personnel policies and procedures.
• Managed and conveyed retrenchment of 120 employees within 11 months, owing to the financial downturn.
ITP Consulting – Dubai, UAE
February 2004 – February 2007
• Designed and delivered a Cultural Awareness Programme saleable to external clients, generating a monthly income of US $ 25,000.
• Liaised with various industry clients throughout the Middle East.
• Interviewed and pre-screened candidates on a daily basis including head hunting staff for senior worldwide positions.
• Worked to tight deadlines and target based commissions.
• Handled all HR and administration related matters
• Extensive travel to Prague, Oman, Qatar and London assisting the CEO with all HR/recruitment
• Consulted and coached business leaders on organizational change management, employee issues and sustainability.
• Implemented key HR processes including strategic planning, staffing, organization capability development, performance management, reward and recognition, employee development, internal and external relations and talent management.
• Proposed new strategies and actions to increase and sustain engagement and empowerment.
• Delivered good communication and dialogue with management and employees alike.
• Ensured the compliance of HR policies, strategies and actions with local rules and regulations.
• Implemented change management processes as well as leading HR change initiatives locally.
Charterhouse Partnership – Dubai, UAE
February 2003 – January 2004
• Head-hunted by CEO from Hong Kong office to set up a multi-national recruitment company in Dubai.
• Recruited a team of 16 staff within 3 months.
• Achieved AED 4m revenue within first 12 months.
• Successfully achieved the setup of a successful contingent recruitment company within a 6 month period.
• Responsible for all staff, Recruitment, Office, Sales, Budgets, Sales & Marketing for the entire branch.
Clarendon Parker – Dubai, UAE
January 2001 – January 2003
Business Development Manager
• Developed Business for recruitment company in Dubai
• Excelled and due to this was able to expand to Abu Dhabi & Bahrain
L&D Groundwork Ltd
September 1994 – December 2000
Established a Civil Engineering business with my late husband, working with large construction companies within UK, I managed a team of 70 dealing with human resources, salaries, accounts and all office administration.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.