Director of Marketing and Communications 5/2017-5/2019
Director of Marketing 10/2014-12/2015
Freelance 2011 to present
Professional with extensive experience in roles dedicated to online marketing services management (web development, SEO, SEM, display, social media, email, content, copywriting), international marketing (local sales & marketing support, training, best practice, internal communications), brand management (strategy, research, analysis, guidelines, brand assurance), agency/partner/team management, and business development. Currently seeking a new position focused heavily on digital marketing with a company dedicated to international markets.
1/2016 – present
Marketing Consultant, Freelance
Work on a range of marketing projects related to strategy, research, social media, digital marketing, content, copywriting, SEO, and account management. Past clients include: Razorfish Healthware, Grey Advertising, Spotzer Internet Marketing, and Havas EHS.
10/2014 – 12/2015
Best Doctors EMEAA, Madrid
Director of Marketing
• Created an international marketing strategy to support local sales and account management, and boost utilization of the company’s second medical opinion services and niche health insurance products.
• Managed €1 million budget and activities related to branding, web development, public relations, social media, content development and marketing collateral.
2/2014 – 7/2014
Berlin School of Creative Leadership, Berlin
Head of Marketing (Interim)
• Developed marketing strategy to build brand awareness and generate recruitment sales leads for Executive MBA and Executive Education programs.
• Managed the day-to-day execution of web development projects, SEO, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, email, social media and co-marketing.
8/2009 – 4/2011
Senior Director of Online Marketing, Europe
• Responsible for presentation, negotiation and B2B sales of web design, SEO, SEM, social media, email and display marketing services to the hotel sector.
• Managed key clients – online marketing strategy and services delivery.
• Led local country marketing teams: 10 staff. Supported local country sales teams.
• Key achievements: exceeded sales targets by 25%, set up account management team, and improved KPIs (e.g. bookings, average booking value, and revenue) by up to 33%.
4/2008 – 5/2009
Isobar Global (of Aegis Media), London
Client Services Director, Disney Europe
• Account lead across Disney divisions for pan-European digital marketing strategy.
• Audited local services and devised plan to improve client satisfaction and revenue.
• Managed B2C campaigns – strategy, international coordination, SEM, SEO and display.
• Supervised pan-European media partnerships and budget of over €4M.
• Led a central account team of 5 direct reports and a dotted line to local marketing staff.
1/2007 – 4/2008
AOL Europe, Corporate Communications & Branding, London
Senior Brand Manager
• Repositioned AOL from an ADSL to a communications and services brand.
• Responsible for development, rollout and guardianship of brand strategy.
• Coordinated global HQ and European markets on brand initiatives.
4/2004 – 12/2006
Vodafone Group Marketing, Content Development Division, London
Content Marketing Manager
• Managed partners to ensure content (e.g. games, video, music) sold on Vodafone’s e-commerce portal received optimal marketing exposure to achieve sales targets.
• Developed internal marketing communications and materials (e.g. calendar, intranet, guidelines, training, best practice) to support local marketing teams.
• Negotiated co-marketing deals that generated 50M potential brand impressions.
• 50% in the # of content marketing campaigns; improved quality, creativity and ROI.
7/2002 – 4/2004
Turner Broadcasting Consumer Products Licensing, London
Business Development Consultant, Freelance
• Evaluated viability of licensing the CNN and TCM brands.
• Researched market, competitive activity, IP rights and distribution agreements.
• Formed brand licensing strategy – positioning, target, categories, creative and budget.
• Presentation, negotiation and sales of video and publishing deals work €600k per year.
10/2000 – 6/2002
Rare Medium Digital Agency, Los Angeles, California
Account Director, Nestlé Consumer Products
• Managed sales, contracts, invoicing, project team of 10 staff, delivery and budget.
• Developed online B2C proposals to increase brand awareness, acquisition and affinity.
• Sold in €1.6m in digital media projects, a 10% growth in the account year-on-year.
• Total site visitor sessions increased an average of 25% during the first half of 2001.
• Over 1 million visitors registered within the network of sites during 2001.
1/1998 – 9/2000
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, Burbank, California
Marketing Manager, International Licensing
• Provided brand licensing marketing support to business development teams.
• Planned marketing strategy, creative briefs, promotions and media for DVD releases.
9/1992 – 5/1995
Information Builders, New York City
Senior Account Manager
• Managed leisure, tourism and consumer products clients. Led team of eight staff.
Education & Qualifications
9/1995 – 6/1997 London Business School, MBA
• Concentrations in Marketing and Strategy
• Attended MBA exchange program at IESE, Barcelona. Sep-Dec 1996.
• Internship with Disney Consumer Products, Finance Division, Paris, Jul-Aug 1996.
9/1987 – 6/1991 SUNY Albany, New York, B.S. in Business Administration
• Concentration in Marketing
2013 Google Adwords Certified – Advanced Search and Display Advertising
2009 International House, London – Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults
Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Google Analytics, Google Adwords
• Native English
• Fluent Spanish
• Hold right to work in the EU and the United States
• Available to travel and/or relocate
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.