After Royal Navy training I have advanced my career over the past 20 years to become a trustworthy reliable Tech. I have followed PM and instigated PM over the past 2 years. I am able to supply references to Director level. H2S trained.
A highly motivated flexible engineer with 20 years’ experience of rotating machinery gained at the world renowned Royal Navy Engineering training school.
23 years of continued improvements including roles in both workshop build and field support. Experienced in leadership and gained knowledge working the GCC region including the integration of local nationals into the engineering program.
A highly capable and adaptable character that relishes the opportunities that the power generation industry has to offer.
ATS Group Ltd Abu Dhabi
Lead Mechanical Technician
• Carry out work package maintenance of a range of gensets from 30-200KVa. Perkins 1103,1104,1006 and 1306 Series engines. Control systems of Powerwizard, DSE and Deif. Alternator checks and maintenance of Stamford and Leroy Somer units.
• Fault finding on mechanical and electrical defects with follow up rectifications.
• Project management of complete major overhaul projects overseeing turnkey solution required to maintain service requirements.
• Construction of work package maintenance plans for range of gensets.
• Liaise with local nationals to be able to carry out work plans.
• Report to in country engineering Manager updating information regarding service routines and breakdown trend monitoring.
• Set guidelines and monitor all site health and safety concerns. Act in role on working team monitoring country wide H&S.
• Construction and minitoring of annual KPI’s in order to maintain contractual SLA’s to support national security operations.
• Implement and supervise LOTO ( Lock out tag out) systems nationwide.
• Create and update scheduling reports.
• Identify and order stock requirements.
• Construct and support Departments PMP.
• Trend monitor equipment performance and instigate future improvement plans.
• Oversee the implementation of complete generation installation including ancillary systems.
• Ensure all safety routines are adhered to by all staff and contractors.
• Carry out tool box talks prior to work commencing.
First Great Western
• Installation and removal of MTU 4000 diesel generators complete with pre and post fitment check and unit alignment to Voith radiator systems.
• Examination schedules of units including internal precision instrument aided checks.
• In service running, monitoring and diagnosis of engine management systems.
• Interpretation of manufacturer’s manuals, drawings and fault diagnosis text.
• Inspection of high speed rotating components with the aid of NDT and precision instruments.
• Grading of material deterioration in accordance with baseline data.
• Fitment of safety critical items.
• Inspection and overhaul of system safety items.
Lead Service Engineer
• Lead technician in the service delivery package for 115 Paxman Valenta 12RPH generator units.
• Support technician in the supply of Paxman Valenta and Paxman Ventura diesel generators to the Royal Navy
• Carry out routine planned maintenance packages including the complete strip and rebuild of units from component level.
• Provide 24Hr on call service in order to provide real time action defect repair to reduce equipment down time.
• Liaise with base support to ensure correct and sufficient material levels in order to meet defect requirements.
• Liaise with customers to allow smooth side by side running of conflicting work packages.
• Production of engineering reports on defect repair
• Carry out unit performance trials in order to trend for future defects
• Analysis of scientific reports of lubrication samples in order to predict possible defects
• Survey and maintain Blackstone, MAN and MTU engines complete with post fitment alignment and setting to work.
• Refurbishment of internal components of high speed rotating machines.
• Removal, inspection and refit of multihull vessel propellers, shafting and hydraulic equipment.
• Removal, overhaul and refit of Voith unit variable pitch propulsion systems.
Marine Engineering Artificer
• Entry as Marine Engineering Artificer. 3 years study for BTEC ONC in Mechanical engineering, specialization electrical. Practical study for City and Guilds Level 4 diploma culminating in a 25Hr trade test
• Passed qualifications to achieve position Petty Officer Marine Engineering Artificer.
• Worked within and as lead role of teams in maintenance of diesel generators, compressed air systems, hydraulic systems, auxiliary steam plant, desalination and gas turbine periodic and exchange routines.
• Worked in base support maintenance teams providing packages on long term shutdowns.
• Acted as divisional Senior Rating overseeing training of juniors.
• Attendance of leadership training courses.
Fareham Tertiary College
BTEC National Diploma in Leisure Studies
Weston Park Boys
GCSE English Lang. English Lit. Maths. History. Geography. Physics. Drama. Economics. Physical Ed.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.