Performance & Intelligence Team Leader with particular experience in Data Analysis, extracting and analysing data from the data warehouse to assist in the preparation of commissioning and business reports. Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
Education & Qualifications
2003-2007 BSc (Hons) 2.1 in Computer Science
De Montfort University
2001-2003 City College Coventry
A Level Grades August 2003: Psychology: grade C, Sociology: grade C, Computing: grade E.
AS Level Grades August 2003: Law: grade C, General Studies: grade E
1999-2001 Al-Karam School in Nottinghamshire (Retford)
8 G.C.S.Es Including Maths, English and IT
Advanced user of Microsoft Office, Access (complex query design/database)/advanced Excel/Word. SQL Server, SSRS (creating dashboards), Business Objects, Qlikview, Data Analysis techniques, Sharepoint, VBA, .Net. Excellent IT Skills, basic understanding of SSIS, SAS Enterprise Miner, Project Management techniques
Apr 14 – Present
Nottingham University Hospitals – City Campus, Trust HQ, Nottingham
Job Title: Performance & Intelligence Team Leader
• To ensure that all national and local monitoring requirements are met to a high quality and professional level in line with relevant DH and NHS Guidance. To ensure that data submitted is valid and reliable and data is managed securely in line with data protection legislation and relevant policies and procedures.
• Co-leading the roll out of the Trust BI system.
• Producing regular and timely performance monitoring reports to the Corporate Operations team; Lead Directors, Trust Board, Quality Assurance Committee and General Managers.
• Leading on discrete projects, develop and design health related data sets and information, and to undertake research within the data to pro-actively inform Lead Directors and General Managers on potential performance issues highlighted through analyses
• Leading a team of Senior Analysts and fulfilling the duties of line management
• To ensure that processes are in place for organisations across the Trust to understand definitions relating to the reporting of information within statutory returns and to ensure consistency checks are performed.
• Researching and developing methodologies to ensure statistical, epidemiological and performance information is utilised effectively in the performance management of the Trust through the Lead Directors.
June 13 – Mar 14
NHS England (Leicestershire & Lincolnshire). Address: Grove Park, Fosse House, Leicester.
Job Title: Assistant Information Manager
• Delivering an effective analytical service supporting managers & staff in the Local Area Teams in the commissioning of prescribed services by producing detailed analysis of healthcare provider data
• Support teams to ensure that the portfolio of projects is planned, managed and delivered effectivel
• Ensure accurate and open communication and co-ordination with a range of organisations and individuals, researching and drafting correspondence and papers and ensuring the management of specific tasks, lead reporting and analysis across a range of specialties, functions and projects
• To provide ad-hoc comprehensive provider or service focused analysis to staff within the LAT utilising statistical techniques or software tools such as SSRS, SQL, Access/Excel.
• To identify incorrect application of NHS data definitions, Information Standards, Commissioning currencies and local costing regimes where reporting differs from those standards.
• To collaborate and support owners and users of national clinical databases to ensure that data collection is timely and content is accurate. Providing advice and guidance about data extraction and analysis as appropriate.
• To facilitate effective liaison with people at all levels, including senior staff at the Department of Health, Government Departments, MPs, senior staff in the NHS and partner organisations
• Communicate information, risks, issues and dependencies, including briefings and reports to Project teams, sponsors and a range of internal and external
• Deliver against organisational objectives, achieving quality outcomes, prioritising own workload and working to tight deadlines.
• Support training and induction of new staff
May 12 – June 13
UHL – Leicester Royal Infirmary. Address: Infirmary Square, Rogers Ward, Leicester.
Job Title: Information Analyst
• Analyses of data, interpretation and reporting on results across a range of patient activities
• Monitoring and reporting key national returns. Development and designing health related data sets and information. Training of other staff on systems and processes such as Business Objects Web Intelligence. Development of information reports and analysis specifically to monitor key performance and business objectives of the Trust e.g. 18 week wait, A&E transit times etc
• Deliver and maintain existing high profile performance reports, both internally, to the Chief Executive, Divisions and individual staff, and externally to partner organisations and the Strategic Health Authority in order to ensure delivery against both national and local targets, and high level performance indicators. Identifying and highlighting changes in performance trends on key issues for the Trust, for example changes in referral patterns into the Trust or waiting list changes
Oct 11- April 12
Centrica – British Gas. Address: Aylestone Road, Leicester.
Job Title: Imbalance Data Analyst
• Producing high quality MI and reports suitable for the Senior Management audience
• Producing detailed analysis results to improve workflow and decision making processes. Data mining, extraction, manipulation and presentation to senior managers on progress and current thinking. Supporting the team with technical consultancy across their range of operations and software, including MS Excel, MS Access VBA & SQL
Aug 10- Sept 11
Hinchingbrooke Health Care – NHS. Address: Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon
Job Title: Information Analyst (Assistant)/Information Governance Officer
Jan 08- Feb 09
S & P Coil Products Ltd. Address: SPC House, Evington Valley Road, Leicester, LE5 5LU, Tel: 0116 2490044, Website: www.spcoils.co.uk
Job Title: Software Developer
July 05-July 06
Northamptonshire Health Informatics (NHS)
Job Title: IT Technician
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.