An ambitious and dedicated Operations Manager with a diverse range of Engineering and Construction project experience. Effectively leads, develops and motivates project teams to achieve targets within deadlines and budgets. Utilises strong communication and interpersonal skills to establish excellent working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
2011 – date
CONCOR ENGINEERING (MURRAY & ROBERTS LTD.), Bedfordview, South Africa
• Efficiently prioritising workload and organising time to fulfil overall responsibility for Petrochemical, Oil and Gas Operations on Construction Projects (EPC – Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
• Working effectively as part of a team to continually develop the petrochemical division focusing on Sasol specific projects within Secunda and Sasolburg
• Diligently monitoring and developing company specific procedures in accordance with the Murray & Roberts Group requirements for implementation across all projects
• Fulfilling responsibilities as the Representative of 4 divisional companies for the Murray & Roberts Group VFL (Visible Felt Leadership) programme, to facilitate the achievement of ‘zero harm through effective leadership’
• Leading, developing and motivating the Site Team and Key Head Office Staff to maintain consistent execution of projects which meet expectations of time, cost, safety and quality
• Managing and coordinating: marketing; project estimation; project execution; close-out/handover and post contract performance reviews
• Actively participating in project planning, site construction/inspection, design reviews, project reviews and month-end meetings as required
• Giving approval of payment certificates where appropriate, initiating requisitions to order and adjudicating claims in accordance with signed contracts
• Maintaining the efficient flow of information, including technical drawings, to site for construction purposes, additionally, compiling project/technical specifications and contract documentation in a timely manner
• Frequently liaising between vendors, service providers and Company personnel; utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop productive working relationships at all levels
• Efficiently coordinating all aspects of the Company’s industrial relations, human resources, safety, quality and project performance
• Diligently maintaining consistent compliance with the Mine’s Health and Safety Act and the O.H.S. Act, promptly identifying any discrepancies and implementing corrective action
• Continually monitoring and controlling project finances/cash flow, negotiating sub-contractor contracts/tenders and providing regular project progress reports to Group Executives, the client, engineers and quality control
2011 (Jan – Apr)
SMEI PROJECTS (PTY LTD.), Boksburg East, South Africa
• Managing the off-site contracts/project interests of the Company on Construction Projects, specifically, the Cut 8 Project in Botswana, including piping, mechanical, platework, electrical and instrumentation scope of work
• Leading sub-contractors and key workshop personnel to ensure a consistent approach to project execution and achievement of objectives within deadlines, budgets and in accordance with safety/quality standards
• Fulfilling responsibility for approving payment certificates, initiating requisitions to order, adjudicating claims in accordance with signed contracts and ensuring efficient information flow / issue of drawings to site
• Compiling project/technical specifications and contract documentation in a time efficient manner, also, liaising between vendors, service providers and Company personnel
• Negotiating sub-contractors/tenders and constantly monitoring project progress to enable regular reporting of progress to Company Management, the client, various appointed engineer and quality control personnel
2006 – 2010
CONCOR ENGINEERING (PTY) LTD., Johannesburg, South Africa
2004 – 2006
GROUP FIVE PROJECTS, Johannesburg, South Africa
B.Eng: Mechanical Engineering
Achievements: Receiving a study bursary from Group Five during Year 2 and obtaining Cum Laude for the final year dissertation
RAU University (now UJ, University of Johannesburg), Johannesburg, South Africa, 2003
Fluent Africaans and English
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.