I am currently working as Proposals Engineer for an international supplier of process equipment in the Oil & Gas sector and I also have over ten years knowledge working in a variety of roles within the construction industry. I have experience as a Buyer, Estimator and Quantity Surveyor (project valuations, procurement, drawing take-offs, cost projections)
Proposals Engineer at National Oilwell Varco
Merpro Process Systems
Montrose, Angus (Jan 2013 – Present)
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a worldwide provider of equipment and components used in the oil and gas industry. I work for a division of NOV called Merpro Process Systems who specialise in the design, manufacture and supply of topside production packages in the same industry. Within NOV my main roles are:
• Develop proposal submissions in relation to the client’s requirements.
• Develop pricing model in accordance with Company and Client requirements
• Negotiations in regards to rates, terms and conditions with clients, subcontractors and vendors.
• Developing effective working relationships with both internal and external clients
• Preparation and submission of accurate tenders to the company’s high standards
• Updating tender and contract information on internal database.
Internal Sales at Encon Insulation Ltd
Dundee (Feb 2010 – Jan 2013)
Encon Insulation is a nationwide distributor of building materials to the construction and offshore industry. I was responsible for looking after a number of high profile accounts, some of which were prestigious national building contractors. My main roles included:
• Looking after customer accounts by providing technical and commercial assistance to Buyers, Architects, and Estimators etc.
• Helping branch and regional directors with annual budget information.
• Liaising with material suppliers to achieve best possible discounts.
• Setting up annual pricing schedules on individual customer accounts based on yearly forecast information.
Quantity Surveyor at Torith Ltd
Dundee (July 2007 – Aug 2009)
Torith Ltd was a large regional contractor that operated throughout Tayside, Fife and Perthshire. At Torith I worked on a variety of different projects from University refurbishments to Community Centres to small works with project values ranging from £5,000 up to £1.5 million. Within my role there I was responsible for:
• The financial monitoring of construction projects through monthly valuation reports.
• Sub-contract procurement & payments.
• Material take offs from Architects’ drawings.
• Attending Client meeting and providing progress reports for Commercial Manager.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor at KLM Partnership
Dundee (Aug 2006 – July 2007)
KLM Partnership is a nationwide Chartered Surveyors practice that provides quantity surveying and project management services to a wide number of contracting disciplines. My roles were solely in the Social Housing sector which included:
• Creating Bills of Quantities
• Take offs from Architectural drawings
• Assisting senior surveyors with general surveying duties.
Buyer at Guild Homes (Tayside) Ltd
Forfar, Angus (Sep 2001 – Aug 2006)
Guild Homes are a successful local house builder who specialise in prestigious housing developments. My main responsibilities were:
• Procuring all construction and civils materials and ensuring delivery to site as and when required.
• Liaising with suppliers to ensure that material costs were kept as low as possible.
• Providing material take offs from Architectural drawings.
• Sub-contractor payments.
HNC in Construction Studies
Dundee College (Kingsway Campus)
Sept 2003 – June 2005
NC in Construction Studies
Dundee College (Kingsway Campus)
Sept 2001 – June 2003
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.