American currently living in South Africa working as a project manager for the South African Navy. Have a strong background in Naval and Marine Engineering. I have studied hydraulic engineering and would be a good fit in the mining sector as well.
Relevant Qualifications, Education & Training
• High School Graduate, Tewksbury High School, Tewksbury, MA
• USCG Basic Training, Cape May, NJ
• Machinery Technician Qualification School, Yorktown, VA
• USCG Leadership and Management School, Cape Cod, MA
• Bachelor’s of Science. Hydraulic Engineering and Theories, University of Phoenix,
• Master of Business Administration: Emphasis on Market Research Analyst, Federal Acquisition Institute, Fort Belvoir, VA
• Caterpillar Mechanic School, Peoria, IL
• Cummins Mechanic School Cape Cod, MA
• Detroit Diesel Mechanic School, Yorktown, VA
• English, Fluent
• French, Strong Command
• Afrikaans, proficient
Machinery Technician, United States Coast Guard,
• Master Diesel Mechanic: Certified on Cummins 903 Diesel engines, Caterpillar 3300, 3400, 3500, 3600, and 3800 series engines, Detroit Diesel Marine engines, and. Experienced with Yanmar engines, Volvo Penta engines, and Alco engines.
• Master Hydraulic Technician: Certified on control systems, mobile equipment, and heavy lifting equipment.
• Engineering Procurement and Budget Manager: Controlled all ordering, stock supply, parts department management, contract management, and control repair cost.
• Certified Port Engineer (Project Manager): Coordinates repair and maintenance functions to minimize loss of revenue and cost of repairs. Reviewed repair request and compared request with previous work accomplished on the ship concerned to determine that expenditures are economically sound. Prepares recommendations for work, and initiates procurement of materials. Inspects machinery, equipment, or spaces outlined in work request, draws up job specifications, and obtains bids from contractors or shipyards to perform repairs. Maintains contact with contractors to ensure completion of work at minimum cost. Investigates machinery casualties to determine cause, and advises ship’s officers in methods of operation to prevent recurrence of casualty or maloperation. Maintains records of engineering costs for each vessel, such as repairs, supplies, and personnel. Cooperates with regulatory bodies to ensure that requirements for alterations, repair, or modifications are kept at minimum cost consistent with safety
• Certified Contracting Technical Representative (Project Engineer): responsible for monitoring the contractor’s progress in fulfilling the technical requirements specified in the contract. Ensure that all required documentation and data are submitted in accordance with the procurement deliverable schedule. Track the contractor’s failures to fulfill the contractual requirements and inform the contractor of such instances. Informs the contracting (Commanding) officer of any technical or contractual problems or delays. Maintained administration records, approved invoices (quick chits) and performs final inspection and acceptance of work performed under the contract.
• Federal Law Enforcement Officer: Member of the United Nation’s and Presidential Security Forces.
Operations Manager, West Marine Store #120 Woburn, MA
November 2007 – September 2009
• Responsible for the store’s back room management. Oversaw the entire inventory team, records, and management. Acted as Manager on duty when required. Performed functions as Sales person on the floor when required. Controlled store’s cost and loss. Performed market research and analysis for performance enhancements. Managed store and associate bulletins as required. Conducted associate training to corporate standards. Managed associate’s schedule and payroll. Customer point of contact and customer service representative. Responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly profit and loss review and communicating analysis to corporate headquarters.
Automotive Workshop, Action Ford & Mazda Roodepoort, SA
March 2010 – Present
• March 2010 to July 2010 Apprentice Automotive Technician: Responsible for learning the requirements and training to become a Journeyman Automotive Technician.
• July 2010 to September 2010 Journeyman Automotive Technician: Responsible for effecting repairs and servicing vehicle with accordance to Ford standards.
• September 2010 to February 2011 Service Advisor: Responsible for front line customer service. Ensuring work is performed to customer’s expectations and time preferred. Ensuring technicians’ receive authorizations for repairs in a timely manner allowing work to move through the workshop.
• February 2011 to February 2012 Workshop Controller: Responsible for every vehicle on site. Ensure vehicle move through the workshop and systems are updated to reflect location of vehicle. Responsible for analyzing and reducing downtime in the workshop. Develop systems and processes to increase productivity, resources, and profits.
• February 2012 to March 2014 Lead Workshop Foreman: Responsible for technician’s quality of work. Workshop team leader. Assisting the technicians with troubleshooting when requested. Producing technical reports and finding for customers and Ford SA. Assisting customers with question and general vehicle knowledge. Ensuring workshop performs to set budget guild lines as well as meeting “fix it right first time” expectations. Assistant Service Manager. Certified Ford Master Technician.
Project Manager, Naval Maintenance Division, SA Shipyards Durban,
March 2014 – Present
• Responsible for the ensuring assigned projects are completed on time and under budget. Manage engineering teams and sub-contractors to ensure project milestones are completed. Ensure vessel in repaired to required specification levels (I.E. Military Specs, Naval Specs, and NATO Specs). Determine and engage sub-contracts for required repairs using “best market value” contract awarding system. Analyze profits and loss of project scope of work and determine ways to maximize profitability moving forward. Membership to South African Institute of Marine Engineers and Naval Architects in process.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.