- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, St: Teresa’s College, 2003.
- Graduation in Food Science and Quality Control, Mahatma Gandhi University-1999
(Subjects: Chemistry, Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology, Food Analysis, Sanitation &Hygiene)
- Pre-Degree,MahatmaGandhiUniversityin 1996(Subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Biology)
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate issued by Government of Kerala in 1994.
I have relevant work experience in clinical research. My exposure to companies such as Quintiles has helped me strongly to gain good knowledge as how to collect data in variety of clinical procedures on volunteers enrolled or seeking enrolment in Clinical Studies/Trials and also to collaborate with Study Coordinators in preparation and execution of assigned studies to ensure data collected and processed according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Also I have got three years of experience as a Dietician and which is helpful to acquire extensive knowledge in planning and conducting food service & nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and control of various diseases. I have extensive knowledge in supervising activities of a department providing quality food services, counselling individuals, and conducting nutritional research. I am experienced in designing training and teaching on the basis of principles and methods for curriculum and in instructing individuals and groups, and assessing the measurement of training effects.
- Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Cochin, Kerala, India (2012 July till date)
Position: – Clinical Research Coordinator-Phase-III
- Responsibilities include, writing the informed consent document, working with the institutional official in contract negotiations, developing a detailed cost analysis, negotiating the budget with the Sponsor (i.e. pharmaceutical company or granting agency), subject recruitment, patient care, adverse event reporting, preparing the case report form (CRF), submitting CRFs and other data to the Sponsor as necessary and study close-out. Responsible for the proper conduction of assigned Clinical Trials in different departments. Collects and complete feasibility questionnaires received from different CRO’s and Sponsor’s. Collects required information from the Principal Investigator and send it back to the respective people who contacted the site regarding the study. Maintains site SOP’s ,EC Sops and EC members list Ensure that assigned Clinical Trials are managed and completed according to the agreed timelines, quality standards and recruitment goals. Maintain study documents and logs, contact interested patients and select interested patients for trials, prepare for monitoring, sponsor and QA audit etc. Report safety issues to the Ethics committee and ensure accuracy of source documents as well. Responsible for verifying accuracy and completeness of e-CRF. Conducting phase II & III trials for companies such as Pfizer, Parexel and AB science etc
- Quintiles Drug Research Unit at Guy’s Hospital-London, UK (2009 August -2010 April)
Position: – Clinical Research Technician (CTA)-Phase-I
- Collect record and maintain volunteer screening, check-in and create study data according to study-specific protocol and SOPs ensuring quality control for content, accuracy and completeness. Prepare for clinical trials by organizing and labelling specimen collection tubes, setting up equipment and documents, and planning logistical activity for procedures as per study protocol. Also perform a variety of medical procedures such as bleeding time tests, timed urine collection, ECG, blood glucose testing, sample processing. I have to monitor volunteer safety and report adverse reactions to appropriate medical personnel and attend to volunteer requests.
- Manak Hospital, Kerala, India (2006 June -2008 September)
Position: – Dietician
- Run clinics in hospital’s outpatients department or general practitioners’ (GP) surgeries for patients referred by hospital consultants, health visitors. Write reports, case notes to maintain accurate records and responsible for nutritional assessment and formulating individualised care plans for residents. Also I have provided nutritional training programs for students and participated in training, supervision and team meetings which including preparing information packs, and other promotional materials in the ICDS projects.
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Kerala, India (April2005 –April 2006)
Position: – Dietician
- I have got ample opportunity to Educate and advise a wide range of patients with dietary-related disorders. Also conducted classes for patients to improve their health and advising them how to adopt healthier eating habits by translating the science of nutrition & food. Calculated patients’ nutritional requirements using standard equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, mobility and other relevant factors. Other responsibilities include analyzing the nutritional content of food, delivering group sessions to a variety of audiences including parents and patient groups. I have also worked as a part of a multidisciplinary team in this hospital and within a community setting to gain patients’ co-operation on recommended dietary treatments. Also conducted in-service education classes for other healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, biochemists, social workers, community groups) about food and nutrition issues, and advised hospital-catering departments about the specific dietary requirements of patients.
- Computer skills-Dos, windos, word.
- Training [UK]
- Good Clinical Practice- Level I and Level II
- Certificate course in Food and Hygiene.