A highly motivated and enthusiastic engineering graduate from Surrey University with Masters in Water and Environmental Engineering and is excited about pursuing an engineering career in water/wastewater, energy or construction field . His interest, as well as his past experience is in civil and environmental engineering projects, made him develop a management, design and environmental engineering skills as well as team spirit able to cooperate with other colleagues in order to complete a target. Also he demonstrate leadership skills, problem solving skills and ability to work systematically and ethically as an individual. He is focused and devoted person, aiming for continuous self-improvement, able to adapt easily to multicultural environments and work under deadlines.
He looks forward to finding an organization where he can make a quick impact by drawing on past experience, and ultimately help the organization grow.
2011-13 MSc Water and Environmental Engineering – University of Surrey, United Kingdom
The MSc programme is relevant to the needs of an engineer in the environmental health, water, wastewater, pollution control, waste management and environmental sectors. In 2011 Surrey University water researchers won the Queen’s Anniversary Prize which is the most prestigious honour open to a UK university. During my studies it has enabled me to develop:
• Competence to professional body standards in water and wastewater treatment plant design techniques as well as pollution control, waste management and environmental sectors.
• In deep research on the chemistry of water and wastewater.
• Knowledge on environmental impact assessments
• Ability to communicate researched findings in writing and to groups of students.
• Knowledge on water saving techniques in a treatment plant or for domestic purposes.
In addition I have achieved:
• Undertaken optional module which involved a study tour in advance water and wastewater treatment plants in Netherlands and Germany.
• Election as course representative, involving communication with senior faculty staff on behalf of students during institutional audit.
• Extended knowledge through my thesis which involved a case study on the potential and existing reuse of treated effluent in Cyprus.
2009-2011 BSc Civil Engineering – Frederick University Cyprus
Highly numerated and theoretical course accredited by the Technical Camper of Cyprus, covering structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, hydraulic and environmental engineering, materials engineering and construction management, has enabled me to develop:
• Excellent working knowledge of design packages, including AutoCAD and SAP.
• Excellent working knowledge of numerical computing program MATLAB.
• Ability to work in teams.
• Competence in all Microsoft Office packages.
Also I have achieved:
• Undertaken optional modules in Environmental Engineering.
• Work with Water Development Departments of Cyprus for my dissertation with topic “Reuse of treated effluent in Cyprus”.
2005-2008 Higher National Diploma in Civil Engineering – Higher Technical Institute (HTI) Cyprus
Highly technical school preparing high calibre technician engineers to meet the needs of industry and promote
applied research. Through my studies there I have developed:
• Technical skills on building brick walls, concrete walls, applying electrical and mechanical services in a building.
• Ability use advance machinery for creating masonry and steel structures.
• Ability to weld using different techniques.
• Field knowledge on how to use simple to advance GPS surveying equipment.
Also I have achieved:
• Work with Ministry of agriculture, natural resources and environment for my diploma project with topic “The efficiency of biological sludge in Cyprus”.
• Successful 8 months in- course placement in Charilaos Apostolides Public Ltd International Building and Civil Engineering Contractors, working with teams, managing construction projects and provide consultation.
• Election as course representative which I had the opportunity to come closer with faculty staff.
Relevant work experience
March – May 2013 – Department of town planning and housing, Cyprus Government
Occupation and position held: Trainee civil engineer (Internship).
Main activities and responsibilities:
a) Participation in the town planning group for the evaluation of the applications for building permission.
b) Assist in elaborating studies for building new roads in developing areas.
c) Implementation of the town planning legislation in the evaluation process for town development proposals.
September- March 2013 – Lanitis Development Cyprus
Occupation and position held: Trainee civil engineer (Internship)
Main activities and responsibilities: Construction project management. Site supervision and management of four luxurious villas in Aphrodite Hills – Paphos.
June – August 2012 – Karlsruhe Wastewater Treatment Plant (Germany) and Watenet (Netherlands).
Internship in both water and wastewater companies under Surrey University supervision. Wastewater treatment plant operation control, research for future improvements on both quality and energy efficiency of the treatment plant.
November – July 2008 – Charilaos Apostolides Public Ltd International Building and Civil Engineering Contractors ( CHAPO), Nicosia Cyprus.
Occupation or position held: Trainee Construction Site Manger (Placement)
Main activities and responsibilities: Construction site supervision, construction work schedule for 11 story building.
June –August 2007- Limassol Municipality
Occupation or position held: Trainee Civil Engineer ( Placement)
Main activities and responsibilities: Supervision of a construction of double lane road. In addition to that I was able to see part of the renovation of the new university library in Limassol
Languages Greek: Excellent conversational and written Greek
English: Excellent conversational and written English.
Driving Licence European Union Category B and B1
Membership Member of Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber
Army I served my country for 2 years as a Sergeant in Cyprus special infantry division.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.