A newly qualified CIMA Accountant seeking opportunities within Australia.
4 Years work experience in City of London.
2013 CIMA Associate Chartered Management Accountant, Chartered Global Management Accountant
2010 University of Kent, Canterbury
FIRST Class BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
2007 Charles Darwin Sixth Form, Biggin Hill
A-Levels: Applied ICT – B, English Literature – C, Mathematics – C
Jul 2011 – Present Assistant Vice President Finance, Markit Group Limited
As part of the Graduate Scheme I rotated through various finance roles:
• Management Accounts
– Maintaining accurate accounting records; PL and Balance Sheet under IFRS with variance analysis
– Delivering the month end management accounts for a range of cost and profit centres
– Lead a process to implement global recharges across the business’ technology cost centre
– Monthly revenue recognition under US GAAP for software licences
– Business partnering with MDs to deliver annual budgets and monthly forecasts
– Delivering Year End Statutory Accounts in a timely manner
– Calculation of quarterly commissions for sales team in line with unique compensation plan
– Quarterly VAT Returns and EC Sales List
– HST and GST returns for Canadian Entity
– Annual SRED return
– Ad Hoc financial reporting
• Group Financial Planning & Analysis
– Daily and monthly revenue reporting to the Executive Committee
– Assisted the annual budget cycle and reporting for the Executive Committee and Board of Directors
– Worked with the business’ Infrastructure team to ensure global technology recharges were budgeted for across the Group
– Worked alongside Global Sales Operations team to verify all new business was recorded
– Assisted in the completion of the annual Board Report and Budget Book
• SAP Systems
– Authorisation access for new and existing users
– Segregation of duties for audit compliance. Lead and designed the new role structure for the business
– Use of Production, Quality Assurance and Development environments of the system
– Project management for system developments ahead of annual budget process for BPC tool
• Recruitment – First round interviewer for candidates to join the Markit Finance Graduate Scheme
Sep 2010 – Jul 2011 Finance Graduate Trainee, InterQuest Group PLC
• Preparing and maintaining accounting records using Sage Line 50
• Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet postings and management for five subsidiaries
• AP / AR functions
• Calculation of sales team commissions and expenses
2005 – 2010 Advanced Level Sales Advisor for Dorothy Perkins, Arcadia Group Limited
• Customer Services and Sales Advising
• Cash management – Start and end of day
• Supervising shop floor and staff during peak times
• Visual Merchandising
2004 Work experience with Pritchard Joyce & Hinds Solicitors
• Advanced SAP user both design and end user experience
• End user experience of Business Warehouse reporting tool
• SalesForce user
• Excellent excel skills including VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMIFS; attended advanced level Excel training at New Horizons centre
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.