I have work experience of 14 years as marine engineer of which 4 years were in the capacity of Chief Engineer.I have a degree and professional qualification in Marine Engineering from the UK .I am in the process of completing my MBA from Bradford School of Management ..
I am a experienced Marine Chief Engineer with sailing experience in tankers and holds a Class 1 Certificate of Competency from the UK and has 13 years of experience in the Maritime industry.
I have obtained a Higher National Diploma from Glasgow College of Nautical Studies and Bachelor of Engineering (Marine ) from Northumbria University. All Marine Certificate of Competency leading to Chief Engineer’s license are from the UK. Presently in the process of completing Mba from Bradford School of Management.
Ccore competencies include:
• Handling daily machinery operations and maintenance on board after successful risk assessment with due diligence. With regards to PMS and condition monitoring he has ensured same are followed as per company and class guidelines. All records of work carried on board have been well documented with photographic evidence. Has reported to head office for maintenance and operational activities carried on board on a daily basis.
• Result oriented approach for unscheduled maintenance. He has strong analytical and problem solving skills which has been an important factor to solve problems especially in old vessels.
• Successfully carried out vetting by oil majors and dry docks of vessels in China and Singapore.
• Effective cost cutting measures by formulating and executing plans for a reduction in daily oil consumption. He has carried out careful inventory planning and purchase of consumables within the company’s operating budget.
• As a Chief Engineer Indranil has been a team player. He has mentored and trained junior engineers and staff per company and international training guidelines. He has delegated jobs and provided technical support to engineers both for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and operations. This has instilled a level of confidence and responsibility in the juniors to take on greater responsibility in the future.
• During his tenure as a marine engineer he has been involved in commissioning various machinery and design layout of pipes. He has played a pivotal role in the installation and operation of process control systems namely Boilers and Inert Gas systems.
• Compliance with said guidelines of classification societies. This has enabled a smooth execution of external audits hence clearing all inspections of the vessel carried out by class and other port state controls during his tenure as a Chief Engineer.
• Follow and implement safety, quality and environmental policies and maintain a strict zero tolerance policy for pollution.
• He has ensured high quality safety standard and followed ISM guidelines for a zero accident policy.
• Bachelor of Engineering from Northrumbria University
• Class1 (Chief Engineers license ) UK and all other certificate of Competency from the UK
• Higher National Diploma from Glasgow Nautical College
• Presently studying his MBA at Bradford University
Institute of Marine Engineers (IMAREST), UK
• Chief Engineer with Executive Ship Management (Singapore)served in Tankers (crude &product )
• Chief Engineer and Second Engineer with Dhole Danautic served in tankers (crude &product )
• Second Engineer ,Third Engineer and fourth Engineer with Essar Shipping served in Tankers and bulk carriers
• Junior Engineer with Geepee Shipping
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.