A motivated and successful chef providing food preparation service to members of the Royal Navy. Skilled in being creative in menu planning and meeting deadlines for food service. Working well within a multi- skilled team to produce food for a large number of customers, ensuring their needs are addressed and dealt with professionally. With experience towards the catering side of hospitality, showing leadership, patience and health and safety towards other members.
July 2013 – Present day
HIVE Assistant, Royal Navy
• HIVE assistant responsible for answering the telephone and writing down any enquiries the customer wants to know.
• Communicating face to face with any customers who come into the office with any queries or complaints.
• Organizing and delegating jobs and then coming together with team members to prepare deployment packs that need to be made up and sent to families whose loved ones are away on ship for long periods.
Feb 2013 – July 2013
Caterer, Royal Navy
• Caterer whose responsibilities were to make sure that the chefs had everything they needed for the menu on that day.
• Using the TRICAT service which is a standalone catering system to budget stock as the chefs were allowed a certain amount of money a day, update stock movements and use the information to order in new stock.
• Maintaining the store rooms with regular cleaning routines and stock rotation.
• Working together with members of the ship showing leadership by delegating off jobs, communicating and health and safety awareness when it came to getting the food onboard and when people were lifting the heavy boxes to carry them to a lift.
2012 – Present Day
• Team member responsible for preparing and cooking large amounts of food to be served to member of the Royal Navy. In time produced breakfast for the ships company working alone while helping to create menus using the stock for the upcoming weeks.
Sep 2011 – Jan 2012
Chef, The Clanfield Tavern
• Working under the head chef, assisting him in plating up the food and preparing the starters for customers.
• Took over as head chef in October in a team of three to cook and plate up the food ready to be sent out to customers.
• Ordered the fresh foods in and helped to create new meals to add to the menu which in time led to putting together a Christmas menu and catering for big parties.
Oct 2010 – Sep 2011
Chef, The Mermaid
• Assisted the head chef in food preparations and cooking the food for customers.
• Eventually running the kitchen on own on the quieter days gaining more confidence and experience.
Jan 2010 – Aug 2010
Pot Washer, The Old Mill Inn
• Ensured that all the equipment that was used by the chef and the customers was clean, tidy and in good condition.
• Also helped the chef by doing some of their vegetable preparations.
Oct 2008 – Oct 2009
Cleaner, Findhorn Caravan
• Working as part of a team, preparing and cleaning the caravans ready for the next customer to move in.
• Responsible for changing the dirty sheets, cleaning that toilet facilities and making sure the rest of the caravan was dusted and hovered.
2006 – 2007
Pot Washer, Whitney Lakes Resort
• Ensured that the kitchen and all the equipment that was used by the chefs and customers were clean and tidy, ready for when they were needed next.
8 Standard Grades including Hospitality, English and Math’s
Level 2 NVQ Diploma In Professional Cookery
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.