Extensive UK and international teaching experience including Africa; good management skills with experience in the education and victim support charity sector; broad language skills (advanced French, basic to intermediate Spanish and Portuguese); relevant volunteering experience within victim support and international community service and education; proficient computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, SPSS, CMS - Crime Management System)
• MSc Psychology (2014 – result pending)
University of Westminster, UK
Key Research completed :
o Experience of mature students returning to study
o The relationship between self-control and nail-biting
o The experiences and support needs of victims of crime – a volunteer worker’s perspective
• University Certificate Psychology for Graduates (2012) – London Metropolitan University, UK
• Intensive Spanish Language Diploma (2000) – Academia Mester, Salamanca, Spain
• PGCE in Modern Foreign Languages and QTS (2000) – Institute of Education, University of London, UK
• B.A French/Business Studies (Joint Honours) 2.2 with Distinction in French Oral (1999) – University of Hull, UK
• GCE A Levels (1995) : French A, Economics B, English Literature C – Enfield Grammar School, UK
• GCSE (1993) : 8 GCSEs including French A, English Literature A, English Language B ; Mathematics B – Enfield Grammar School, UK
Other qualifications and training
• Victim Support (2011-2014): Core Volunteer Training ; Safeguarding Children and Adults ; Mental Health Awareness ; Disability Awareness ; Data Protection ; Domestic Violence ; Identifying Domestic Violence High Risk Victims and Preventing Repeat Victimization (MARAC) ; First-Line Manager ; Situational Leadership
• Acorn Christian Foundation ‘Listening’ course (2011)
• MYP Principles and Practice Stage 1 (2010)
• Masters degree course ED 670 Principles of Curriculum Design (2008)
• PYP ‘Making it happen’ workshop (2007)
Apr 2014 – present
Service Delivery Manager, Victim Support.
o Recruit, manage and develop volunteers to support crime victims.
o Liaise with and develop local partnerships.
o Coordinate and maintain service delivery standards.
Sep 2013-Jul 2014
English Literacy Tutor, Haberdashers Askes Knights Academy, UK
Sep 2011-Jul 2013
Private Education Tutor , Camelot Progressive Education, UK
o Delivered 11+ Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Apr 2013-Jul 2013
Literacy and Numeracy Tutor, The Park Education Support Centre,UK
o Provided educational support for behaviourally-challenging students
Apr 2011-Jul 2011
English and Maths Tutor, London Academy, Edgware, UK
Aug 2010-Mar 2011
French Teacher, American International School of Kuwait
o Planned and delivered curriculum up to IB
Apr 2010-Jul 2010
English Literacy Tutor, Passmores School, Harlow, UK
Aug 2009-Feb 2010
French and ESL Teacher, The King Fahad Academy, London, UK
o Jointly developed and delivered departmental curriculum up to IGCSE.
Aug 2006-Jul 2009
Head of MFL, International School of Lusaka, Zambia
o Managed a department of six international and local staff
o Personally developed MFL PYP curriculum
o Created and coordinated events for European Day of Languages
Sep 2003-Jul 2006
French and Business Studies Teacher, GEMS Bury Lawn School, Milton Keynes, UK
Jan 2003-Jul 2003
Teacher of French, Redborne Upper School, Ampthill, UK
Sep 2002-Jan 2003
Learning Mentor, Kingsmead School, Enfield, UK
o Provided support for students needing educational, personal and/or social development
o Collaborated with students to develop individual action plans for example to improve on self-confidence, behaviour, organisational skills.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.