My 22 years of comprehensive managerial, training and a successful officer career with the Hellenic Air Force (HAF), where I progressed through the rank of Colonel, having the specialty of Logistician, together with the 6 years experience in private sector as assistant Sales Manager, General Manager and Business Development Manager and more than 10 years on a part time basis as a business consultant and trainer, give me a strong potential for a wide range of jobs.
Acknowledging the challenges in the private sector and being eligible for early retirement, I retired from HAF in the age of 44 years old and now I am working as Business Development Manager in Lever (www.lever.gr), a leading Greek business consulting company, based in Thessaloniki. I am responsible and accountable for the business development in Athens area.
The MBA degree from the Leicester University/UK, the four years university studies in the Hellenic Air Force Academy as Supply Administrator (Logistics), together with all the Air Force’s additional postgraduate training (internal and external) give me all the necessary knowledge, coupled with the officer’s working experience to successfully fulfill related jobs’ requirements. Moreover, my 10 years (1998-2008) working experience as a Consultant / Manager (part time) in FranklinCovey Hellas s.a. is an asset for jobs in the private sector.
The working years in the Air Force have also helped me hone interpersonal, communicational and administrative skills needed for efficient and effective work in organizations / companies of various size and environment.
2011 – onwards LEVER
Business Development Manager
• Fully accountable for the business development of Lever sa (business consulting company) in South Greece
• Approaching markets and selling customised comprehensive business solution programs to clients
2009 – 2011 SORELLE oe
• Fully accountable for the management of the business of the high quality / in fashion, women shoe’s designer and manufacturer company
• Establishing and monitoring the annual budget, ensuring its implementation
• Planning and organising the firm’s entrance in new markets
• Driving the business forward to achieve the goals and controlling the production to be within the schedule
• Deciding and implementing the marketing strategy for the oncoming period
• Monitoring the agencies’ efficiency taking care for their development
• Playing a pivotal role in the design and development of a class-leading B2C eBusiness website
2008 – 2009 VAMVACAS Industrial Equipment sa
Assistant Sales Manager (Compressed Air Dpt.)
• Establishing detailed sales plans according to the sales target
• Organising and monitoring the salesmen to be within their targets and Initiating half yearly progress reviews
• Fully accountable for the new promotional campaign “Monitoring the Evolution …” achieving, in spite of the economic crisis, a 14% increase in 9 months, in air compressors sales
• Preparing the revised price lists into their new more user friendly and integrated format
• Forwarding the orders to suppliers, taking care to find out alternative source of supply when needed
• Monitoring and facilitate the distribution centres regarding to sales of compressed air equipment
• Ensuring the most efficient equipment configuration in special order cases
1998 – 2008 FranklinCovey HELLAS / DMS HELLAS GROUP sa
Consultant / Training Manager (part-time)
• Preparing business reports based to present situation and future projections of a firm/organisation, so as the study produced to support decisions for future development.
• Providing training and facilitating services to multinational and domestic companies according to their needs, in several managerial aspects like warehousing, stock management, leadership, 7 habits of highly effective people, communication skills, aspects of marketing, merchading, sales techniques and so on. Customers personaly served are GM (Opel – Chevrolet), Seat, Suzuki, Ford, BMW, Carrefour, Reckitt Benckiser, McDonald’s, Medicare, Holcim, Hempel, Doka, Compact etc.
• Developing internal trainers in the aforementioned companies
• Launching new products like the Opel models Corsa/Meriva/Vectra/Agila, BMW series 5
• Becoming master trainer in FC/7 habits of highly effective people, train the trainers
• Managing the logistics branch of the consultancy of the DMS Helas Group
1986 – 2008 MINISTRY OF DEFENCE / HELLENIC AIR FORCE (HAF)
2004 – 2008 Colonel / Head of Dpt. in Hellenic Air Support Command (HASC)
• Supervising 6 managers responsible for the management of Air Force’s materiel. Materiel management including planning of procurement, initiating procurement actions (prepare contracts) considering several factors like stock level, budget availability, sources of supply, lead time etc.
• Monitoring progress of every contract (contract management) in progress, addressing any problem or difficulty may arise, ensuring smooth contract completion
• Fully responsible to control, evaluate and release enquires to AF Bases so as to fulfil their needs.
• Participating as the HAF’s representative to the Central Public Sector’s Acquisition’s Committee in the Department of Commerce / Ministry of Development
2003 – 2004 Lt. Colonel / Commander of Supply Squadron in 112 Combat Wing (CW)
• Commanding staff of 95 persons consisting of highly specialised officers, NCOs, civil personnel and soldiers (airmen)
• Accountable for smooth supply of the Combat Wing of all kind of items like materiel, equipment, spare parts, fuel, ammunition, food medicine and so on
• Successfully enabling the Supply Sq. in all the AF’s evaluations, national and multinationals exercises
• Ensuring an effective and efficient support for all items needed of the Air Force mission in Kabul/Pakistan, during the operations. This has been achieved establishing and maintaining a remote supply unit in the operation’s field, which was been refueled on a regularly basis
2003 – 2004 Lecturer in Public Vocational Educational Institute (IEK)
• Lecturer for the subject of Warehouse Organization and Management in the Logistics Circle of the Public Vocational Educational Institute (IEK) of Elefsis, Athens. This kind of institutes provide post-secondary education, recognized by the EU, offering a two-years program in their students
2000 – 2003 Major / Head of Accounts Dpt. in Supply Squadron in 112 CW
• Leading a staff of 23 key managers, accountants and supporting personnel
• Sole responsible for the proper update, maintenance and integrity of the accounts for all kind of items (materiel, spare parts, fuel, ammo etc), allocated to the CW
• initiating semi annual inventories to check the existence or the proper consumption of the accounts balance
• Ensuring the compliance to Air Force and government standards and regulations regarding to the public property, numbered more than 105.000 item records
• Setting up and developing a full plan, monitoring and completing the transfer of the items’ records, from the hand-script format to the digital one. This was accomplished successfully within 18 months period (6 months before the scheduled time), gaining a merit from the Wing’s Commander.
1997 – 2000 Major / Manager of abroad repaired equipment in 201 Supply Depot
• Leading of a team of 4 repairable managers
• Searching and identifying commercial repair sources outside Greece to repair Air Force materiel
• Evaluating alternatives, identifying the cost effective approach and preparing the relevant repair case (contract) are among to my personal job
• Arranging the shipment details and monitoring the contract until the ship back of material
• Planning and organising the annual repairing abroad programme according to operational demands taking care to ensure the corresponding funds
• Developing and implementing new billing and forecasting systems which significantly improved overall efficiency by 8%
1991 – 1996 Captain / Manager in Supply & Transport. Dir. in General Staff (HAFGS)
• Collecting and evaluating the AF’s demands for funding the programs of maintenance or acquisition of materiel, spare parts, ammunition and weapons
• Preparing and introducing to the Ministry of Finance the relevant Air Force budget programs
• Incorporating the haircuts to the funds according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Finance
• Allocating the funds granted and implementing the corresponding budgets
• Managing the HAF’s ammunitions procurement program
• Participating in several kinds of HAF’s committees like Acquisition – Weapon system determination – Purchasing – Contract negotiations – Specifications determination – Bid’s technical evaluation – Successful delivery and contract completion.
1986 – 1991 1st Lieutenant / Warehouse Manager of Araxos Maintenance Depot
• Leading of a team of 8 persons
• Managing the warehouse of the supply squadron, ensuring the problem free supply of Araxos Maintenance Depot with the necessary spare parts and equipment
• Training the base personnel in supply related topics
Education and Qualifications
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Leicester University / UK 1996-1997
Diploma in Supply Administration (Logistics) – Hellenic Air Force Academy / Greece 1982-1986
Diploma of Hellenic Air Force War School – Dekelia Greece 1998
Supply Operation Officer / Certificate of Training – USAF/Denver CO USA 1993
• Knowing of the logistics management process • Undertaking initiatives
• Focus on client relationships and financial performance • Training – Appraisal
• Team leader / management • Focus on continuous improvement
• Decision making • Committed to deliver timely quality results
• Communication – negotiation • Effective in pressure conditions
• Excellent oral and writing competencies • Presentation skills
Computer Skills : Win 9X, 00, XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, iwork etc
Languages : Greek: mother language
English: excellent written and oral communication skills
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.