A results driven, hardworking and ambitious Procurement Manager with a strong track record of significantly reducing costs, developing new and existing relationships and also improving company’s processes and corporate purchasing strategies.
I am a team player who can work well with all types of people in any situation; equally I am also just as motivated to achieve individual goals and objectives. Having a proven ability to ensure that a company remains competitive when compared to their comp
Laing O’Rourke – Crown House Technologies – Dartford, Kent Oct ’10 to Present
Buyer / Procurement Manager
A key member of a team that has successfully introduced a new e-commerce trading platform that has significantly reduced costs by £M’s per year and changed the ethos of one of the largest privately owned contractors in Europe. Responsible for the management and sub-letting of the MEP trade / material supply packages on major Construction and Engineering projects throughout the UK such as: Heathrow T2a (£2.5B) 122 Leadenhall St (£300M) Pembury Hospital (£240M) Francis Crick Institute (£630M) Beckton STW (£140M) One Hyde Park (£1.15B) Farringdon Station (£375M). Involved in a hands on role that includes closely liaising with suppliers, site teams and stakeholders to ensure maximum performance, efficiency and best price.
• Responsible for order placement timing, cost and delivery and ensuring the adequate supply of all required materials.
• Continuously monitoring, evaluating and improving supplier performance.
• Sourcing and negotiating reliable and consistent quality materials and services.
• Reviewing tenders and bids.
• Involved in stakeholder and client management.
• Managing the purchasing budget on multi million pound projects.
• Responsible for reviewing and maintaining PSA’s and SMA’s combined with managing all associated e-trading.
• Managing new and existing supplier relationships.
• Developing sourcing strategies, terms and conditions, call off orders and payment structure.
• Preparing high quality tender / contract documentation and reviewing tenders and bids.
• Resolving disputes and claims with suppliers, site teams and high profile clients.
• Keeping all supplier programs and processes current and accurate.
• Delegating projects and tasks to junior staff.
• Working to create and promote best practise and a safe working environment.
• Making recommendations and advising senior management on all purchasing issues including future markets.
• Responsible for performing and analysing risk, credit and quality management of the supply chain.
• Preparing and processing requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for purchases.
• Managing, developing and improving the company’s e-commerce purchasing systems and processes.
• Involved in e-commerce catalogue product selection and benchmarking.
Wolseley – Plumb Centre – Harlow, Essex Apr ’08 to Oct ‘10
Sales Supervisor and Account Manager
Responsible for organising and maintaining a profitable and successful branch supplying goods to trade and retail customers. Assisting the branch manager deliver results in a very competitive marketplace whilst adhering to organisational processes. Having an active and dynamic approach and using initiative to develop effective solutions to supply chain problems whilst ensuring tasks are completed efficiently.
• Responsible for developing customer relationships and improving spend.
• Managing key trade accounts offering best price / products whilst being competitive.
• Training new and junior staff.
• Managing and developing supplier relationships and bringing new products to the market place.
• Responsible for order placement timing, supply / demand alignment, material replenishment and supplier performance.
• Involved in controlling the purchasing budgets and projecting stock levels.
• Resolving disputes and claims with customers and suppliers.
Newelec Ltd – Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire Jan ’01 to Apr ‘ 08
Responsible for working closely with the selected suppliers and managing the company’s procurement and estimating activities alongside the Managing Directors. Also providing leadership for site teams and motivating staff to achieve maximum performance and efficiency. Using a hands on and dynamic approach to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Seconded to projects / sites around the UK to oversee project performance and delivery.
• Responsible for the procurement of all materials for site installations.
• Managing project budgets and ensuring client specifications are met.
• Assisting with project design and estimation.
• Responsible for scheduling quantities of materials and eliminating costs throughout the supply chain.
• Developing and managing supplier and sub contractor relationships.
• Preparing and processing requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for all purchases and resolving any queries.
• Preparing high quality tender documentation.
• Delegating projects and tasks to junior staff.
The Leventhorpe School – Sawbridgeworth, Hertfordshire Sep ’97 to May ‘04
• A Level:
AVCE Business Double Award (B,C) • AS Level:
General Studies (C), Critical Thinking (C)
Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Aug ‘11
Achieving Chartered Membership with an NVQ level 4 in purchasing and supply.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.