I have 4 years experience in biomedical engineering and 1 year in electronics engineering. I have just finished my contract in last week of July 2015 and am looking for job. Apart from engineering I have 4 years teaching experience full time/part time.
I am flexible in timing and have experience to work in multicultural environment.
Quick to grasp new ideas, concepts and to develop innovative and creative solutions to problems.Able to work well on own initiative and can demonstrate the high levels of motivation required to meet the tightest of deadlines. Even under significant pressure, possesses a strong ability to perform effectively.
Nov/2014 – July/2015
Siemens Healthcare (Queen’s Hospital Site) (London, UK)
Medical Equipment Engineer
• Liaise and work closely with other Healthcare Professionals, manufacturers’ representatives, engineers and other technical staff to provide applications advice, acceptance testing, commissioning, troubleshooting, calibration and maintenance of a diverse range of medical equipments, ensuring it functions correctly, is within calibration limits and safe for patient and staff use.
• Carry out full functional tests and electrical safety checks (PPM) on following medical equipments:
Patient Monitor (Smartsigns SC750, Huntleigh), Syringe Pump (Alaris GH, Alaris CC), ECG Machine (ELI 280 & Burdick 8500, Mortara Dolby UK), Ophthalmoscope (767 Welch Allyn)
• Skilled in the use of following Analyser/tester:
Infusion Device Analyser (IDA-4 Plus with hydrograph, Fluke), ECG Patient Simulator (MPS-410, Fluke), NIBP Analyser (BP Pump2, Fluke) & Electrical Safety Analyser (Rigel 288).
• Undertake advanced fault-finding. Apply suitable fault finding techniques to diagnose problems.
• Report unusual fault conditions to manufacturers.
• Using technical and clinical experience, identify potentially hazardous symptoms and faults when in clinical areas or in talking to clinical staff.
• Carry out all duties in accordance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Statutory Regulations, Approved Codes of Conduct and Local Rules.
• Maintain records on an equipment management database (Backtraq FM).Records will be kept for acceptance of a medical device, disposal of a medical device, tracking loans or trials and monitoring evaluations. Records will be maintained to show reported faults, work done, hours worked, parts used and decontamination status for the lifetime of each individual asset.
Sep/2012 – Oct/2014
Charing Cross Hospital/St Mary Hospital (London, UK)
Medical Equipment Engineer
• Corrective and routine maintenance of following medical equipments:
• Infusion Pumps (Arcomedical, carefusion, Baxter) Vital Signs Monitor (WelchAllyn), ECG Machine (Philips, GE), Defibrillator (Philips), Suction unit (Laerdal), Nebuliser (Philips Respironics).
• Provide technical support for medical equipments throughout healthcare system as assigned, including unscheduled maintenance performing rounds in customer areas (wards) and participating in on-call rotation.
• Document all actions and test results according to department policy, using computerised maintenance management software applications (AIMS) and other standard office software applications.
• Duties include troubleshooting and repair, asset management, commissioning of new equipment, routine scheduled maintenance to a range of Medical Devices, routine calibration, servicing, inspection, quality control, safety and acceptance testing of equipment and management of the Hospital’s Medical Equipment.
• Working within the Clinical Engineering Department ensuring the satisfactory operation, safety and maintenance of electrical, mechanical and electronic medical equipment in accordance with statutory legislation, codes of practice and Department of Health Guidelines.
Sep/2011 – Sep 2012
TBS GB (Chase Farm Hospital) (London, UK)
• Corrective Maintenance/Function tests/Electrical Safety Tests of Aestiva 7900/7100 Anaesthetic Machine according to the standard procedures prescribed by GE Healthcare (OEM) under supervision of GE Trained Engineer.
• Routine maintenance of the medical equipments in the EBME department includes both planned preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance.
• Also to carry out Electrical safety tests and function tests on the medical devices according to the standard procedures prescribed by the legislative authorities, plus going out in different departments if any assistance or servicing is needed.
• Corrective and routine maintenance of Cameras and Light sources Stack System (Karl Storz), Bipap Harmony S/T (Respironics)
• Worked on following Analyser/tester:
Electrical safety analyser (Fluke, ESA620), ECG analyser (Fluke, MPS450), Prosim 8 vital signs simulator (Fluke), Temperature Calibration tester (WelchAllyn), Defibrillator Transcutaneous Pacer Analyser (Fluke).
North Middlesex University Hospital (London, UK)
Medical Equipment Officer
• Corrective and routine maintenance of Nebuliser (Medic Aid, Pari), Temperature management unit (Bair Hugger, 775), Infusion Pump (Alaris Pk, CC, Arcomed 5000), ECG Machine (Seca, CT6i)
• Deliver equipment management services to the Hospital including under supervision of, and co-operative working with, other members of the department.
• Maintain and repair medical equipment ensuring a safe and responsive service to departments.
• Work, when required, on other sites of the North Middlesex Hospital and carry out annual electrical safety tests and functional tests of electronic medical equipment.
Sep/2009 – Mar/2011
Unique Sixth Form (Centre No.13441) (London, UK)
• Evaluate and grade students’ class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
• Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
• Prepare course materials such as syllabus, homework assignments, and handouts.
• Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues
Aug/2008 – Aug/2009
Creative Dynamics Engineering (Karachi, Pakistan)
• Perform Electrical simulation, testing, troubleshooting, perform & document root cause analysis.
• Calibrate electronic measuring and indicating instruments according to established standards.
• Document technical data generated by assigned project consistent with Engineering policies & procedures.
• Responsible for all technical and commercial amendments, discussions and negotiations arising from the submission of a quotation throughout the process of repairing equipments.
Oct/2013 – Oct/2013 Principals of Electrosurgery & technical overview for Force FX & Triad (Covidien Technical Services UK)
Nov/2013–Nov/2013 Aisys Anesthetic Carestation Applications Training (GE Healthcare Academy UK)
Non Technical Courses
Jan/2014 – Jan/2014 Records Management & NHS code of practice (UK)
Jan/2014 – Jan/2014 Password & Information Security Management (UK)
Feb/2014 – Feb/2014 Business Continuity & NHS Information Risk Management (UK)
Jan/2014 – Jan/2014 Secure Transfers of Personal Data (UK)
Jan/2014 – Jan/2014 Secure Handling of Confidential Information & Patient Confidentiality (UK)
Feb/2014 – Feb/2014 Access to Health Records & Importance of good clinical record keeping (UK)
Feb/2014 – Feb/2014 X-Ray Requesting for Non-Medical Referrers (UK)
Fully Skilled in use of Ansur software for Electrical safety tests (Fluke, version2.9.4)
Fully skilled in use of Backtraq FM (Medical Equipment Management Software)
Fully Skilled in use of AIMS (Medical Equipment Management Software, designed by Phoenix)
Fully Skilled in the use of MS-Office (word, excel, power point)
Operating System: Windows 9X/2000/XP/Vista/7/8.
M.Sc. Applied Physics (Electronics)
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.