An enthusiastic PhD graduate with an proven track record in biological research and development. Now my next career challenge is to enter the pharmaceutical and life science industries. I offer a strong interest in research, an enthusiastic approach, and a proven willingness to accept challenges and responsibility. I am an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-driven researcher who continuously demonstrates a high level of commitment.
Qualifications & Education
Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge (UK)
PhD in Plant Sciences (Molecular Biology)
• Scholarship by Cambridge Philosophical Society scholarship and Murray Edwards College
• Presented results to the international conference of 200+ audiences (California, US)
• Published 2 journal articles (PNAS and The Plant Journal)
University of Nottingham (UK), School of Biosciences
The International University (Vietnam), Department of Biotechnology
• BSc (Hons) in Plant Biotechnology, Grade 2:1 (Exchange programme)
• 45% Scholarship as the 2nd best exchange student
• Minor subjects: plants, genetics, biotechnology, sustainable food production, biochemistry, GMOs, microbiology, nutrition, neurophysiology, pharmacology, chemistry
High School for the Gifted (Vietnam)
• Rank 1st nationally in the 2013 Vietnam high school/university admission ranking
• Major subject: Information Technologies
• Grade: 1st class (equivalent A level in Maths, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology)
Research assistant, Plant Metabolism Group, University of Cambridge (UK)
• Applied high-throughput workflow to overexpress isoprene synthase in C. reinhardtii in order to generate a recombinant strain with high level of isoprene production.
• Further elucidated thiamine biosynthesis by analysing the genetic basis of thiamine-requiring mutants using bioinformatics and gene sequencing analysis.
Supervisor for Master students
• Proposed ideas, oversaw their specific needs and guided them to solve technical problems
Demonstrator for 1st and 2nd year Natural Sciences undergraduates
• Managed practical classes, prepared materials, taught undergraduate students
Freelancer educator for TED-ed animation ‘How do vitamins work?’
• Proposed and executed original ideas and proof-reading manuscripts
• Responsible for the scientific accuracy of the script and video clip
Volunteer in Science Fairs (Cambridge, UK)
• Engaged with young children and teenagers, motivated their interest in sciences
Part-time data analyst in Butler Hill (www.apen.com)
• Analysed results of different search engines (Yahoo Bing) and improved their performances for Vietnamese audiences
Native Vietnamese, fluent in English, basic French and Spanish
Project Management & Leadership: Organised, co-ordinated and developed the following projects:
• PhD Project, collaboration with the Plant Biochemistry and Physiology academic group (University of Geneva, Switzerland)
• Post-doc research project with multiple tasks
• Mentorship project of a group of 2 university students (undergraduate and master students)
• Organised practical classes of 200+ undergraduate students, prepare lab materials, implemented training schedules, taught the relevant background theory in a timely and efficient manner, scheduled around lectures and other time constraints
Critical Analysis and Problem-solving: Identified and developed ideas in research projects:
• Formed hypothesis, methodologies, and analysis of complex data results and statistics.
• Performed failure analysis and implemented corrective measures.
• Conducted literature research on technological developments.
Communication skills & teamwork: Demonstrated enthusiastic and networking personal qualities:
• Well-developed presentation skills, gave regular internal seminars. Written communication skills with departmental reports, conference proposal, and second-author papers in highly recognised journals.
• Dedicated team player. Collaborate work in my research groups as well as graduate society in the College. Involved in weekly social and formal events in the College.
• Competent in Microsoft Offices, experienced user of both Macs and Windows, basic knowledge of coding (C+, Visual Basic), genetic software, high-resolution image processing software (Adobe Photoshop or Inkscape), bioinformatics, and statistics.
• Knowledge of eukaryotic cell biology, mammalian biochemistry, human neurophysiology & pharmacology, CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing, Illumina next generation sequencing, confocal microscopy, FACS sorting technique, Western blot, ‘omics’ database (genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics), GC/LC-MS, biostatistics, and probabilities
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.