Experienced Logistics / Operations & Procurement Manager with excellent project management and business process improvement skills.
Analytical, cost effective, customer & internationally oriented.
Result and Safety driven.
Logistics Terminal/Site Management - Pragmatic - hands on.
Seeking international long term commitment.
Atlantic Container Line AB (Grimaldi Division)
Assistant Terminal Manager (contract assignment)
Planning and directing vessel loading & discharging operations, (RORO, BB & LOLO activities)
Overall planning and costing analysis of the terminal‘s vessel activities. Liaise with stevedores and logistics companies.
Plan and execute heavy lifting projects (250MT)
Analyze expenditures and financial information to develop budgets, plans, and policies geared towards improving services or increasing profits.
Core Business: heavy mining equipment: Cat, Komatsu, Liebherr
– Business process improvement plan concerning the implementation of more performing planning tools in order to decrease the administrative flow by 25% and to control the costs in an effective proactive way.
– Development of planning tools related to the planning process of the vessels.
Antwerp shipping Federation (Fonasba member)
Assistant to the Secretary General (consultancy assignment)
Review of strategic files related to Port activities, Nautical businesses, Customs – import & export, legal matters, Mobility, transport and maritime shipments. Revision of procedures and resolutions related to stakeholders in the port of Antwerp. (e.g. Port Waste Management plan, HNS 2010 convention)
Dredging International Australia Pty Ltd
Purchase & Logistics Manager
Logistics Management related to the start up of a new dredging Project in WA Australia – multiple site operations (Perth – Port Hedland).
– Purchase management related to dredging site set up with special attention to TCO.
– Creation of RFI and RFQ’s.
– Logistics (mobilisation) and warehouse,
– Contract Management & expediting,
– Set up import related logistics structure (Customs & transport)
Remark: project was cancelled
Eval Europe / Kuraray (via outsourcing)
Supply Chain Consultant (consultancy assignment)
Customer Service & Logistics Department
– Logistics, Customer service process review; development & implementation of working procedures.
– Develop systems for measuring operational KPIs. (internal & external KPI measurements)
– SAP SD module upgrade implementing Goods in transit for GL purposes.
– Creation of stock optimization reports in SAP MM in order to decrease 30 % use of external warehouses.
– Set up tender structure to streamline Procurement: Warehouse & freight related to improve cost efficiency.
Sea-Tankterminal nv (Division of the sea-invest group)
Terminal Manager (via subcontracting)
Management of the daily operational activities, people & equipment, material & contract management
Efficiency planning of the different department (planning, logistics, administration, safety and maintenance)
Developments of reporting tools in order to achieve maximum utilization of plant’s capacity.
– Capex investment related procurement for the technical installation.
Lalemant Antwerpen nv (shipping company)
Director Administration Shipping (new function in the organisation – 25 employees)
Business Process Improvement Management.
Lean management of the various business support processes that comprise key standardized and recurring activities within the company’s organization regarding cost effective and client driven services (including Customs clearance)
Secondary role: Export and Procurement management for freight purposes
– Implementation of well defined working procedures in relation to execution of Import and export files.
– Structured follow up on customers outstanding in time and value; reduction from 4 to1 month.
– Budget development and monitoring of spending against budget.
– Creation of monthly costing reports for management purposes.
– Develop and maintain systems for measuring operational KPIs.
– Implementation of a monthly customer volume and margin reporting.
Citrovita Terminal nv – Votorantim (Brazilian Conglomerate)
Port Operations Manager
Management of the organisation covering the logistics, operations and administration the liquid bulk terminal.
Supply Chain improvements based on analytical process reviews and customers need. Continuous improvement.
Contract negotiation with suppliers – RFP’s, import & export management.
Implement and maintain procedures according groups policies; Quality (HACCP – ISO 9001 & GMP)
Manage the logistics and production activities internal and at third party cold stores. Multiple site Logistics. Capacity planning warehouse and tank farm.
– Set up of tendering procedures according to groups policies.
– Site expansion Management from project to implementation.
– Cost savings concerning salary payment services to production people via CEPA (savings of 15%)
– SAP SD: Export/import process management: initiative taker on training and local support
– Maintenance plan implementation in SAP, material management & contract tendering.
Louis Dreyfus Commodities
Operational and administrative management with reporting to Sao Paulo Brazil and Rotterdam.
Organisation and Management of production, logistics, distribution, warehouse and administration.
Contract management & set up of tender procedures according to groups policies (freight and equipment)
Capex Management – from project to implementation.
Implement supply chain procedures based on groups policies and customers needs.
Manage the logistics and production activities internal and at third party cold stores. Multiple site Logistics/ Capacity planning warehouse and tank farm. (Drumming and blending activities)
Development and management of annual budget; HRD, training of personnel.
– Operational and administrative start up of a new liquid bulk terminal including personnel selection.
– Start up of an internal Customs department: yearly substantial savings.
– Implementation of a stock management system: adapt the Brazilian in-house made system to local needs.
– Execution of a study in order to include Baltic ports into the distribution network of the company.
Logistics management of the European Distribution Centre. Warehouse management and organization.
Responsible for the distribution, supplies, procurements and stock control.
– Project management related to the building of a new warehouse / distribution centre including the automation hardware of the storage equipment: active work out of the KPI’s and warehouse routings.
– Logistics contract negotiations, (Sea & Road transport) & set up customs procedure with 3rd party vendors
Logistics & Purchase officer:
– Purchase of packaging and technical equipment. Contract management.
– Contract negotiations related to European road transport + overseas imports
– Warehouse administration, forwarding and Customs administration (setting up PAV customs ruling)
Hapag Lloyd (Deutscher Container dienst – shipping company)
Forwarding agent import
Transport co-ordination, freight negotiations, distribution and Customs clearance.
Massive Svítidla – Czech Republic: (12/1994-04/1995),
Massive Polska – Poland (12/1993-01/1994)
Logistical set up of a new distribution branch offices (distribution) as Logistics Manager
WMS implementation, training of local employees related to WMS
Dredging International Ltd Pty Australia (see above) 04/2012-08/2012
Qualifications & Courses
Forwarding and languages: 1983 – 1985 Obtained degree: (professional bachelor)
Stedelijk Instituut voor Economisch Hoger Onderwijs Antwerp – Hogeschool Antwerpen
Industrial Engineer: 1980 – 1982 Education not continued Antwerp
Project Management: (Amelior 2007)
Initiation in Financial and cost price management/ABC (Vlerick Management School 2003
Finances and the balance sheet (fincover 2002)
Supply Chain Management: (P.I.C.S. 1997)
Dutch: Native speaker
French: 2nd native language, excellent knowledge in writing and spoken
English: Excellent knowledge in writing and spoken
Spanish : Practical knowledge
German: Practical knowledge
Microsoft Office; ERP SAP SD/MM + functional reports; JDedwards, Kerridge; AXi port & Finance
Amos operating system; SCADA, WMS. Atlas TOS
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.