Highly determined graduate currently Business Development Executive at the UK’s leading AEC software provider whilst also Advisor at an independent city centre bar. I have progressed well within customer service roles, particularly within management in the Leisure Industry, with confidence, enthusiasm and good commercial awareness providing the backbone for my success. Having enjoyed working in high pressured, competitive, target driven environments I naturally thrive within a sales environment
Education And Qualifications
September 2008 – July 2011 Nottingham Trent University:
Achieved a 2:1 BSc honours in Sports Science and Management
Projects include: Southwell Racecourse Strategic analysis and marketing Nottingham Forest FC Function room marketing and event management
Reading in the subject areas of marketing, project management, strategic analysis, HRM, communication alongside the study of Sports Science
September 06 – July 08 Lincoln College:
Distinction profile BTEC diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness.
Achieved 360 UCAS points and an NVQ level 1 and 2 in Sports and Recreation
September 00 – July 05 Magnus Church of England School, Newark:
10 GCSE’s including (A) Geography, (B) Drama, (C) English and Maths.
• Lead Generation and Conversion
• Confident Frontman and Networker
• Natural Desire to Learn
• Customer Retention and Satisfaction
• Written (60> words per minute) and Verbal Communication
• Events and Promotion
• Operational Management
• Brand Building and Development
• Creative, Self-Motivated and Initiative
• Social Media Maintenance and Marketing
• Recruitment and Training
• Adaptable to Changing Working Environments
• Forecasting and Budgeting
Business Development Executive – Union Square Software – Nottingham
Current B2B sales role within a growing company of 100 staff in the UK, Australia & Canada selling market leading knowledge management software to AEC businesses throughout the built environment
• Generating leads and supporting the senior sales team
• Working independently to grow pipeline and contacts
• Effective and concise telephone skills
• Being tenacious and resilient with repetitive tasks
• Working towards quarterly targets within a high pressure environment
• Deliver and lead meetings via a software demonstration and discussion
• Develop a good industry understanding and competitor knowledge
• Confident and comfortable when meeting face to face with clients, prospects and peers
Taking a change in direction from the leisure industry this role has opened up a new career path and allowed me to add business specific experience to the confident communication and presentation skills naturally developed. My previous roles in leisure have shown value when comfortably talking with prospects and working in an intense pressured environment. This along with my desire to learn has allowed me to complete quarterly objectives early and achieve the company record in the first quarter client quiz.
May 2014 – Current
Advisor Red Bar & Lounge – Nottingham
Following on from the successful 28 months as general manager I now work closely with the owner in an advisory role for business development and management consulting
• Recruit and train new employees including the new operations manager
• Continuing client relationships following successfully negotiating 25-30 student sponsorships
• Assist in brand development, new menu launch and marketing campaigns
• Handling bookings, PR and network for business growth
Taking a step back from operations I now work with the owner to assist in the continual business growth. Time management and organisation is crucial when balancing working week responsibilities and the bar.
January 2012 – May 2014 (Opened 23rd February 2012)
General Manager Red Bar & Lounge – 300 Capacity Bar Venue Nottingham
The 1st employee of the newly formed company working closely with the owner at the privately leased venue within the 4* Crowne Plaza Hotel
• Assistance in setup operations and input into bar concept
• Responsible for continual recruitment and training (15-30 employees)
• Development of bar sales including introducing a highly innovative and successful new menu
• Sourcing and negotiating contracts with event organisers and universities
• Marketing and advertising of the bar along with continual review of the market
• Social network promotion and maintenance: http://www.facebook.com/redbarandlounge @RedBarNotts
• Sales forecasting and targeted growth nightly, week-on-week and year-on-year
Continual strength demonstrated with corporate event organiser clients, university contracts and nightly promotion within the general public. Being able to successfully produce 110% sales growth within 4 months alongside long term brand development provided a stable cash flow with a second year revenue growth of 34%.
Exam Marker – Cambridge Assessments via Reed recruitment – Nottingham
& December 2013 Temporary role over the Christmas period marking overseas English exam papers
Event Coordinator – Light Night 2012 – Nottingham
Event management and promotion project for the annual city council event
Duty Manager Via Fossa – 1000 Capacity 4 Bar, Food & Pub Venue – Nottingham &
August 2011 Part-time whilst at university in a bar position then full-time duty manager after exams
Hospitality and Catering- Pro Choice Agency – East Midlands
Throughout university worked within numerous large hospitality organisations
Youth Activity Leader – School Travel Service – Western Super Mare
Week long placement whilst at college. Working with children confirmed the importance of being active and enthusiastic whilst maintaining a level of authority. I have found these qualities to be transferable in business and management.
11/06 until 02/07
Morrison’s Supermarket – Checkout Operator – Newark
02/06 until 07/06
Sports World – Full Time Team Member – Newark
08/05 until 02/06
McDonalds Restaurant – Newark
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.