An established, multi skilled and committed Automobile Mechanic with around 20 years’ progressive experience of diagnosing and repairing faults on automotive, heavy and farm equipment. Is skilled in the safe operation of shop tools and machines, including diagnostic testing and tuning equipment, and in the modification, design and fabrication of special purpose equipment. Is dedicated to the completion of tasks on time, within budget and to a high quality standard through the utilisation of exce
2012 – To Date MOTOR MECHANIC, Royal Road Midlands
(Mauritius & Ireland)
• Utilising diagnostic equipment to locate vehicle defects and fix the same in an accurate and timely manner
• Maintaining, testing and repairing petrol engines and the mechanical parts of motor vehicles, incorporating suspension, steering and brakes
• Thoroughly checking and changing oil, air and fuel filters as well as wheels and tyres and replacing fluids, such as oils, brake fluid, transmission fluids, coolant and water, among others
• Additionally responsible for testing batteries and checking brake system components
2008 – 2012 MOTOR MECHANIC, Square Fit Ltd (Ireland)
• Overhauling and repairing engines and transmissions on both gas and diesel equipment as well as on other vehicle parts, such as steering and brake systems
• Replacing shock absorbers and checking for tyre alignment and wheel balance as well as performing tune-ups on vehicles and diversified electrical work on all automotive and related equipment, such as servicing, installing batteries and terminals, repairing and adjusting lights and repairing generators and starters
• Utilising diagnostic equipment as an aid in locating vehicle defects in addition to troubleshooting/repairing/replacing digital electronic components and computers
• Performing emission control repair, replacement, and testing on all required vehicles and road testing vehicles in locating operational defects before returning to road use
2002 – 2008 SELF EMPLOYED MOTOR MECHANIC, Royal Road Midlands, Mauritius
• Main duties as above
1995 – 2002 MOTOR MECHANIC, Société Usinière de Bois Cheri, Mauritius
• Inspecting/testing vehicles and undertaking preventative maintenance including engine tune-ups, oil changes, tyre rotations and changes as well as wheel balancing and replacing filters
• Maintaining vehicle condition in line with customer requirements, ensuring the provision of an exceptional service at all times
• Carrying out inspections, repairing engine failures and mechanical/electrical systems malfunctions
• Replacing parts and components, repairing body damage and verifying vehicles serviceability through the conduction of test drives and adjusting controls/systems
• Ensuring the accurate keeping and maintenance of vehicle records relating to service and repairs and keeping all vehicles maintained by cleaning, washing and painting
Education and qualifications
1992 Technical Trade Certificate (Vocational Trade Institute, Mauritius)
1992 Auto Mechanic Training (Vocational Trade Institute, Mauritius)
Languages: Fluent English & French
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.