A 15+ year career in inspection originating in aerospace and evolving into the Oil & Gas industry, working mainly in an international environment for new construction projects and in-service maintenance structural, mechanical and piping activities.
My career progression has allowed me to gain a broad range of experience that has been effectively used as a hands on technician thru Plant / QA/QC inspector to a Client Inspector.
– API 510: Press. Vess. Insp. Code: In-Service Insp., Rating, Repair, & Alt. (Cert. No. 49944)
– API 570: Insp., Repair, Alt., and Re-rating of In-Service Piping Systs. (Cert. No. 27514)
– API 653: Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Reconstruction. (Cert. No. 25938)
– CSWIP: 3.1 Welding Inspector (Cert. No. 27499/2)
– NACE CIP Level 2 Coating Inspector (Cert. No. 12940)
– NDT L3: PCN UT, Phased Array, & ToFD (Cert. No. 314560)
ASNT UT (Cert. No. 163099)
– NDT L2: CGSB UT EMC (Cert. No. 13245)
PCN UT Phased Array & ToFD (Cert. No. 314560)
CSWIP UT Phased Array & ToFD (Cert. No. 64404 & Cert. No. 68571)
– Offshore BOSIET with OLF and H2S (Cert. No. 63745707270511001 & TH002216)
– Certificate in Engineering (Aircraft Mechanical – Overhaul & Repair)
Time Expired Certifications: BGAS Painting Inspector Grade 2, EEMUA 159, NDT Level 2 (PCN, AINDT & ACCP): UT, RT, ET, PT, MT, Visual and Optical Testing.
2014 – Current
BV / Santos – Moomba Exploration & Processing Facilities
Plant Inspector / PA & ToFD Level 3
– In-service and new construction inspector for Plant (API), Welding and Coating on pressure vessels columns, drums, heat exchangers, boilers, coolers, tanks, valves and piping systems.
– Supervision and training of Phased Array & ToFD works for in-service corrosion/erosion detection & monitoring and weld inspection.
– Prepare and review Inspection and NDT reports and provide recommendations in accordance with applicable Codes, Standards and Industry Best Practice.
– Liaise with Integrity Engineers on best inspection practice and provide technical support in relevant inspection tools / technologies capabilities and restrictions.
– Develop inspection procedures/techniques for inspection of plant equipment during in-service operations and prior to or in lieu of off-stream (Shutdown) inspections.
2013 – 2014
INPEX – Ichthys Project
Client Structural Inspector – Module Yard
Primary Deliverable: To provide specialist Structural Inspector competence to the onshore module fabrication yard team in their over-sight of the Onshore EPC Contractor, and to ensure INPEX QC requirements are achieved for Structural and Piping discipline aspects of Onshore LNG Module Yard Fabricator scope.
– Reporting to the QA/QC Lead – Module Yard. They will assure compliance by the EPC Contractor and Fabrication Contractor. Duties will include
– Ensure all agreed Contractor and Fabrication Contractor’s Structural & Piping ITPs and procedures are implemented within the yard,
– Inspection of all Structural related aspects and, where applicable, sign-off on behalf of the Company.
– Provide regular reports on Structural discipline quality status/issues to the QA/QC Lead – Module Yard,
– Monitor Fabrication Contractors Structural & Piping materials receipt, storage and handling processes,
– Monitor Contractor’s QC implementation within the fabrication yard,
– Perform Company QC in fabrication yard testing (including welder operator qualifications, NDT, records traceability),
– Review, monitor and closeout of Contractor and Fabrication Contractor’s Structural NCRs/quality observations within the fabrication yard,
– Review Contractor and Fabrication Contractor’s Structural & Piping records management and preparation for handover.
– Ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment at all times.
2012 – 2013
Little Cog Group
Plant Inspector / AUT Specialist
– In-service and new construction inspector for Plant (API) welding, coating, and NDT Phased Array & ToFD inspection works.
– 3rd party audit/review of inspection/NDT procedures, inspection works, and inspection data to ensure Code/Specification compliance, assessment of current practices and where identified suggestions on increasing productivity and quality of supplied NDT services.
– Development and review of advanced ultrasonic testing and general NDT procedures in line with internationally recognised codes/standards.
– Develop advanced ultrasonic testing procedures for LNG specific applications i.e. Stainless and Nickel steels.
– Coordination and development of internal training and certification systems for inspection advanced ultrasonic and general NDT methods/techniques, to include training and examination materials.
– Procurement, design and manufacture of inspection equipment.
– Development of in-house inspection qualification programs outlining processes, vendor pre-requisites and selection, acceptance criteria, documentation and administration of the program.
– Client introduction training to Advanced Ultrasonic Testing techniques outlining basic theory advantages/disadvantages, application, Code requirements, interpretation, auditing techniques and best practices.
2007 – 2012
Metalogic Inspection Services
– Supervision of Visual, Semi-AUT, AUT, and Conventional NDE activities on new construction & in-service piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, boilers, etc… in accordance with relevant industry codes and standards such as API, ASME, AWS, NACE and AS within the Petrochemical and Power Generation industries.
– QA/QC of field personnel works to ensure procedures have been followed and Code/Regulatory compliance has been achieved, and where appropriate initiated additional training or similar actions where non-conformance has occurred.
– Training of technical personnel in order for them to gain certifications in required fields.
– Procedure development to Client & Code requirements inclusive of project specific qualifications, development of Code Ultrasonic Qualification Welds.
– Implementation, gaining and maintaining certification to ISO 9001:2008 Quality Systems for the business unit.
– Liaising directly with clients on appropriate inspection, planning, repairs and various other technical matters on a supplier and 3rd party basis.
– Supervision/coordination of client and internal projects to ensure policy/procedures are followed, production efficiencies are maintained and where possible improved.
– Establishment of a regional office in S.E. Asia for a Canadian company from initial assessment of business opportunities through to a self-sustaining business entity within the corporate group.
– Recruitment of technical, sales, and administration personnel to meet current and future business needs.
2005 – 2006
Project/Field Inspection Manager
– Supervising inspections, repairs and alterations, inclusive of coordinating all QA/QC matters for mechanical works, on new construction & in-service piping, pipelines and above ground storage tanks throughout S.E. Asia, Australia, and Europe.
– Generate QA/QC procedures for independent in-house and third party inspections of manufactured parts/assemblies from receipt of raw materials to shipment and then carrying out these inspections as the projects local QA/QC inspector.
– Liaising with clients on inspection techniques, planning, repairs and various other technical matters.
– Training of technical personnel in order for them to gain API and NDT certifications.
2003 – 2004
International Refinery Services
– Carrying out inspections on Storage Tanks, Pressure Vessels and Pipelines in accordance with API 510, 570 & 653, and EEMUA 159.
– Liaising with clients on planning and technical matters.
– Assisting in the training of inspection personnel in order for them to obtain Non-Destructive Testing certifications.
Fortburn Aerospace & Commercial Consult.
NDT Technician – Contracted to DSTO (Australia Dept. of Defence R&D)
– Contracted to the Australian Department of Defence to carry out NDT inspections on F/A 18 and the P3C Orion life extension projects.
1996 – 2002
NDT Technician & Apprentice Aircraft Mechanic Engine Overhaul & Repair
– NDT inspection works on large body Airbus & Boeing aircraft, engines & components, analysing engine debris with a Scanning Electron Microscope.
– Extensive training on overhauling, repairing and testing aircraft gas turbine engines, hydraulic and pneumatic components, ground power units (GPU), manufacturing of components and tools, and performing NDT processes.
1996 – 1998
Royal Australian Army
– Australian Army Reserves, trained in the use of field radio equipment and communications
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.