In my previous 3 roles I have increased the overall operating and financial performance of the business, in a fast period of time to ensure continued success for the company. I have a natural ability to parachute into a company and dig deep into the overall operation and implement sustainable changes for long-term benefits. Reduced the time to market and improved the on time deliveries from an average of 50% to over 95% on a consistent basis even with the natural disasters in Asia during this pe
More than 15 years comprehensive retail and operations experience at senior levels, 3 as Managing Director, Operational and Supply Chain Management specialist, delivering revenue, operational and margin improvements across a broad spectrum of environments from global branded products to niche technically demanding. Proven track record of turning negative performances into positive, specifically in companies’ operational and fiscal performances.
Entrepreneurial, hands-on leader with a proven track record translating strategic plans into operational imperatives with ability to articulate, quantify and exceed goals. Extensive Global PLC experience, negotiating expertise, covering contracts with major high street retailers, high tech companies and mobile operators. A unique combination of technical and commercial experience materialising into a true, hands on leader, recognised by peers and subordinates alike
Regional responsibilities: Satisfying sales in excess of 250 million USD, delivering product to the most extreme locations with complex delivery requirements across the globe, whilst developing and delivering sustainable Supply Chain Strategies and Solutions. Demonstrates use of modern techniques and processes to achieve sustainable results to clear objectives, adapt at seeing problematic areas, implementing cost reduction programs to reduce OPEX.
Achieved High Potential Status in the last 3 companies, exceptional operational background combined with customer service skills, regular interface and interaction with Senior Clients and Executive Leaders. Consistently introducing evaluation projects to maintain focus on cost whilst delivering customer expectations but with an appreciation of overall business needs.
Strong and proven global leadership style – skills, successful track record of being creative, an energetic individual, with a flair for organisation, forward thinking and the ability to motivate and develop people. Very experienced in managing geographically dispersed cross-functional teams, displays a passion for developing and leading teams and the individuals who comprise them.
Extensive global knowledge and experience working in USA, Middle East, Africa, Asia, China and the emerging markets with regular quarterly visits, understands cultural and regional differences across the entire Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Logistics disciplines.
Provides Leadership whilst mentoring external vendors and customer’s teams to deliver long-term sustainable objectives and cost savings.
• Strategic Business Planning & Leadership • P&L Management & Accountability • Supply Chain Management
• Aligning Global Businesses Management Teams • Business Revenue Improvement • Global Manufacturing & Retail Operations Management
• Team Leadership • Driving Growth Initiatives • Global NPD, Management & Introduction
• Staff Management & Motivation • Client/Vendor/Partner Relations • Legal & Regulatory Trading Requirements
• Results Orientated • Negative to Positive Financial Results • US & International, Government, Military Knowledge
• Change Management Specialist • Operational Savings • Homeland Security
• Lean \ Six Sigma • Extensive Knowledge and work experience in APAC
• Customer Focused Executive • Oil and Gas Services
EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
GLOBAL MOBILE OPERATORS, >10 BILLION USD MEA • 2013 – PRESENT
Develop sustainable Supply Chain strategies to deliver customer`s objectives.
As a Supply Chain & Operations professional, role is to develop strategies and operating models that integrate planning, procurement, transport & distribution, product design, manufacturing and fulfillment functions within the organization, as well as connect suppliers and customers across the entire extended supply chain including those of managed services.
From the initial review of 1 of the operating companies have been able to show deliverable savings in excess of 7 million USD, progressing to complete analysis of the remaining 16 operating companies.
Develop sustainable supply chain solutions that take into account environmental, social and ethical concepts to address issues across the supply chain. Concentrate on getting a holistic view of client’s business and industry environment and use expertise and critical thinking skills to design and deliver realistic, achievable business strategies and solutions that address key client priorities and maximize assets.
Establish cost effective warehousing and logistics systems – processes, to optimize: locations of warehousing and logistics arrangements across the group, inventory and purchasing. Scope of works to include:
Inventory evaluation, levels, conditions, locations, scope to maximise sale or disposal, centralised system
International Logistics, full distribution evaluation, in source vs outsource, Rate review & RFQ, 3PL vs 4PL , optimisation.
• Optimisation of warehousing, to consider status quo on in source versus outsource and the rationale for centralisation. Locations across, Middle East, the Asian subcontinent, South East Asia- APAC, North Africa, 17 Locations in total.
• Professional Inventory management Control and use of Spares pooling across the group with visibility to all operating entities across MEA and APAC regions.
• Shared Inventory across group’s footprint.
• Track & Trace of inventory and establish cost effective warehousing and logistics arrangements across the group to better understand the quality and subsequently value of inventory across operating companies.
• Review of Spares Process and inventory levels.
• Value of surplus and liquidated stock.
• Review of existing vendor contracts and performance, logistics and componentry.
• Reduction in shipping costs and shipping times.
• Reduced overall warehouse costs.
• Reduction in overall inventory levels but still supports 90 million end users.
• Review Tax / import / Duty & Logistics regulations and ways to reduce costs.
• Review logistics capabilities of operating companies.
• Review number of warehouses and locations.
• Review Repair and Return –Sale / Dispose process and improvements.
• Create a detailed process map of the warehousing and logistics operations.
• Detailed report showing split between direct and indirectly incurred freight spend and confirm future strategy and direction to proceed with.
• Develop and implement a strategy to ensure continued optimisation and utilisation of purchased items to match requirements whilst maintaining minimal inventory, liaising with vendors to maintain this.
AVIAT NETWORKS, NETHERLANDS • 2008 – 2013
Managing Director / Global Operations Director
(1500p, Manufacturer Telecommunications / microwave wireless)
Aviat Networks, formerly known as Harris Stratex Networks, is the leader in advanced wireless IP network migration, applying innovation and IP networking for future mobile networks, with more than 750,000 systems installed.
Responsible for operational and strategic direction for all International activities across 6 business locations. The Director role is an executive level role primarily responsible for setting strategy and then managing its implementation for the prime functions of Operations, Supply Chain Management, Global Logistics & Trade Compliance. In addition to managing a team in excess of 75 personnel across multiple global locations, the Managing Director is responsible for the legal trading entity in Holland, including, statutory and financial obligations.
Implement a clear vision and strategy, to be best in class and ensure our competition could not offer a better world-class logistics and distribution service at a competitive market rate and be respected and trusted to perform from within the company.
Custodian of the company’s revenue, inventory and management controls. Responsible for the quarterly targets, and delivery of revenue to support data submitted to shareholders and investors. Extremely complicated customer portfolio, shipping to over 60 countries per month, handling over 15million Kgs of freight and excess of 150 countries on a yearly basis with a very demanding and complex global supply chain. Overall accountability for 5 outsourced warehouses, NL, US, Singapore, Poland, Lagos.
Extensive travel to Africa the Middle East and Asia working with major customers and CM`s, Benchmark, Plexus, Andrew, Flextronics, Fujitsu.
Regular dialogue and interaction with US Government Bodies on trading standards, security protocol for import and export controls.
Responsible for satisfying sales in excess of 250 million USD, delivering product to the most extreme locations with complex delivery requirements.
• During the first 12 months changed the logistics profitability from –5 MM$ to break even and subsequently to + 4 MM$. Introduced a P&L accounting and reporting system.
• Increased the OTD from 60% to over 95% within the first six months. The mechanism to manage this global function involves the management of a shadow P&L account for the main functions.
• Reduced damage claims, insurance losses and improved overall integrity of products by redesigning packaging and distribution techniques. In excess of 5MM$ savings.
• Introduced six sigma practices into 3 PL global warehouses resulting in world-class facilities.
• Improved stock integrity with new SOP for inventory management resulting in average of 99.9% cycle count accuracy for all warehouse locations.
• Changed management structure from global silos to a one team culture, creating one true global team.
• Introduced cost evaluation techniques and principles resulting in significant cost savings and approved vendors with regular reviews and management controls.
• Developed and implemented accurate forecasting and backlog reporting of revenue, tracking, measurement and delivery to achieve corporate targets to drive conclusion within the company.
• Involvement in the overall management and policies for the company’s Sales Incentive Program, for the Commercial team.
• Completed CTPAT Tier 2 registration with US Customs & Border Patrol.
• Evaluating the tax and trading costs for shipments into varying countries and implementing various processes and financial controls to reduce cash exposure and recovery of duties and VAT when trading across multiple borders. Example like from origins within the US to Canada and complex trading in and out of the EU.
• Overview of the warehouse locations and then subsequently re locate to reduce overall footprint and reduction in OH and direct expense. Reduced OPEX by 3 Million USD
o Reduced to 1 4PL in the US.
o Reduced to 2 in Europe (14 Value added service providers still operational).
o Reduced to 1 in Apac.
o Reduced to 1 in Africa + 1 3PL (specific deliveries as required in Johannesburg).
• Created a new SOP for how goods are packaged, a consistent method for orders with multiple items delivered from more than 1 location.
• Created a mode to accurately cost items when providing quotations to customers to ensure actual vs quoted matches to ensure no loss on freight.
• Complete overview of the logistics function to reduce the need to charter flights or expedite deliveries. Implemented a logistics planning mechanism which nearly eliminated the need to incur additional costs due to a lack of visibility in the supply chain or failed commitments from suppliers resulting in expedited freight costs to meet agreed delivery and revenue.
• (KPI) Global Dashboard created to reflect operational performances of entire Logistics – Order Management and Distribution cycle.
BODYCARE INTERNATIONAL GROUP, NETHERLANDS • 2004 – 2008
Chief Operations Officer / MD
(500p, Private label toiletries / cosmetics company, turnover in excess of 76 MM€)
Bodycare International Ltd, a high volume producer and developer of quality toiletries to the own brand and contract fill market. The company produces a range of tertiary products which is exported around the world with manufacturing capacity in excess of 100 million units per year, supplying many top retailers, Body shop, Asda, Tesco, Superdrug, AS Watson, Kruidvat.
Shareholder & COO of international company with 3 manufacturing locations, overall responsibilities for groups operational & technical objectives – strategies including Global R&D – NPD facilities, Manufacturing, Regulatory Affairs & Quality Control. Implemented a drive to a balanced client portfolio across 3 key areas, Private Label, Contract Manufacture and OEM branded exports. Re-established all business accreditations including BRC and Sedex ethical trading standards. Developed a “Customer First Choice” strategy. Responsible for the day to day business improvements through a competent management team
Multi-sector experience: Manufacturing of FMCG goods for multi-channel retail distribution and provision of Service either B to B or B to C
• During the first 12 months changed profitability from –9 MM€ to break even and subsequently to +1 MM€.
• Rationalisation & Optimisation of plant and equipment, relocating to cost effective country in conjunction with sku analysis (cost & margin).
• Introduced change management culture, standardisation of working processes and procedures to improve profitability and better use of working capital.
• Supply Chain Initiatives leading to major annual savings (in excess of 3MM€ within the first twelve months and rose above 5MM€).
• Introduced two major new accounts with potential new business in excess of 8MM€ for the first year growing to 25MM€ for year 3.
• Experience of delivering new products on time and to budget through production management and approvals process. Maintenance of global toiletries compliance and progressive development of manufacturing and supply chain capabilities.
• Global benchmarking – to ensure that the company achieves best standards for operational efficiencies, ensuring a global leading supply chain platform that delivers significant market leading competitive advantage – setting and delivering against KPI’s of the Group.
• Excellent knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application, negotiations and cross functional team collaboration, R&D, technical, manufacturing.
• Ability to manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
• Conducted cost saving activities, budgeting (including PPV and OMV), and annual price negotiations.
• Management Control of Regulatory Affairs department, implementing new processes and procedures across 3 manufacturing locations with cultural and process differences.
• Implemented standard operating processes across multiple locations to one common system and standard.
• Implementation of BRC Quality Systems.
ORIFLAME INTERNATIONAL BELGIUM • 2002 – 2004
(4300p, direct sales cosmetics company turnover in excess of 1500 MM€)
Oriflame Cosmetics is an international beauty company selling direct. The company began operations in 1967 in Sweden and has today a presence in over 60 countries worldwide. Oriflame offers a wide portfolio of Swedish, natural, innovative, quality beauty products at affordable prices. To-date Oriflame has over 3.5 million consultants worldwide with annual sales of 1.5 billion.
Technical and commercial responsibility for in house manufacturing, contract fillers, supplier selection (components and outsourcing of manufacturing) and NPD of five categories producing in excess of 550 million units.
• Supplier rationalisation in terms of technical / commercial sustainability to support continued growth of the business, typically 25% year on year.
• Audit, evaluation and subsequent development of suppliers, components and outsourcing of production, new and current to develop the business to a higher level in terms of profitability and manufacturing output.
• Implementation at Board level cost reduction systems and technical strategies for the group.
• New packaging initiatives leading to major annual savings (in excess of 5MM€ within the first twelve months and expected to rise above 10MM€):
o Qualification of new suppliers.
o Price negotiations on components and equipment.
o Increased efficiency projects.
• Managing and overseeing the development of over 200 new projects each year, ensuring stringent deadlines achieved.
• Responsible for development of cross category projects at international level.
• Excellent knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application in for example fact based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration.
• Excellent ability in managing strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
FFP LTD UK • 1996-2002
Managing Director / Owner
(56p, flexible and rigid packaging manufacturing)
Developer and manufacturer of rigid and flexible packaging for the retail, food and telecommunication sectors, in house design and development of gift packaging for High street retailers and specialist food packaging for the confectionery markets, clients, Lindt, M&S, Sara Lee, Thornycroft, Sony, Thornton’s, Reydon Sports
• Originated the company, produced business plans, arranged finance, terms of credit with potential suppliers, premises and purchase of capital equipment.
• Instigated, devised and implemented ISO 9001 for design and manufacturing.
• As the owner, devised the overall operating strategy, the cost management structure and the sales and marketing objectives.
• Employment Contracts, engagement, Law and management of the staff.
• Responsible for many blue chip accounts, designing, developing and manufacturing creative and commercially viable packaging with cost effective techniques typically Sony, Erickson, Marks & Spencer, Sara Lee.
• Key planner for the millennium dome developed and manufactured products used in the opening ceremony.
EARLY CAREER SUMMARY
BPC TAYLOWE Business Development Manager 2 years
DIXONS STORE GROUP Group Operations Manager 3 years
UNILEVER RESEARCH LTD Graduate Management Trainee 6 years
MSc in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, University of Salford (Current)
Completed Future Leaders of Industry Residential Course Windsor Castle Sept 2010
HTC in mechanical / Production Engineering, Northampton University July 1982
Technical apprenticeship in mechanical-production engineering to higher technical level 1977-1981
Member of Institute of Engineers
Fellow Institute of Materials Mining Metrology
Computer Literate: MS Office, Sage Accounting Software, Adobe Illustrator, Corel.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.