Result oriented and solution focused professional with extensive experience in administrative management. Areas of strength include: administrative, logistic, property and resource management. Skills include: communication, report writing, time management, problem solving, data base and office operations management, customer service and team suport. Recognized by superiors for efficiency, initiative, creativity, and dedication. Significantly contributed to the successful operation of two NGOs.
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
• Extensive experience in administrative management. Setting up administrative systems, processes and policy for the smooth and effective office operations.
• File and resource management. Management of personnel, accounting, administrative and contract files. Management of library, training and operational resources.
• Experience performing personnel functions including staff welfare, drafting intern policy and human resource manual, drafting and placing job advertisements, short listing applicants, responding to applications, monitoring personnel review, drafting contract modifications.
• Six years property management experience. Ensures repairs, maintenance and protection of property. Asset, inventory management and sale of goods.
• Five years experience in financial management support. Ensures investment/reinvestment of grant income and status of income.
• Accounting support. Recording and reporting financial transaction in Quick Books. Preparation of cheques, payroll management, statutory payments and annual returns.
• Six years progressive procurement experience. Purchasing goods and services locally and overseas and monitoring service contracts. Monitoring US$100,000 credit card, preparing bill of sale, contracts modifications, purchase orders, request for proposals, GCT waivers, exemptions and refunds.
• Logistics coordination. Preparation of seminars, workshops, board of directors and annual general meetings.
• Database management.
• Petty cash custodian.
• Experience preparing monthly, quarterly and annual quantitative and qualitative reports.
• Licensing and registration of approximately 150 insurance agents quarterly and annually.
• Company Secretary. Ensures compliance of company with Companies Office and Tax Administration, administration of Board matters, logistics for board and annual general meetings.
• Eight years cumulative experience in an educational/training institution providing extensive administrative support covering: registration, examination preparations, inventory of supplies, assisting with training, students records, timetable preparation, report on progress of training, syllabus & specimen papers preparation
• Supervises Office Bearer, Office Attendant, Interns
• Facebook and website updates
Jamaica Civil Society Coalition, 2 Fagan Avenue, Kingston 8 May 2013 to Present
Programme Assistant/Company Secretary
Jamaica Protected Areas Trust, 2 Norwood Avenue, Kingston 5 Feb 2008 to May 2013
Administrative Assistant/Procurement Agent
United States Agency for Int’l Dev (USAID), 142 Hope Road, Kingston 6 Feb 2002 to Jan 2008
Caribbean Examinations Council, 37 Arnold Road, Kingston 5 Jan 1999-Feb 2002
Jamaica Chamber of Commerce, 12 Ocean Boulevard, Kingston Jul to Nov 1998
Crown Eagle Life Insurance Company (company extinct) June 1992 to Jul 1997
Unique Personnel Services, Duke Street, Kingston Oct 1991 to May 1992
West Indies College High School (Now Victor Dixon), Mandeville, Manchester Sep 1997 to May 1990
• Developed administrative systems and procedures for smooth and effective operations for two entities
• Efficiently and effectively established file management systems for two entities
• Efficient allocation, monitoring, and reporting of $22m project expenses with minimum supervision
• Timely and efficient procurement of goods and service and sale of motorbike through bid process
• Developed centralized database that allowed for easy access of information to entire staff
• Full compliance of two organizations with Company’s Office and Tax Administration
• Liaise with government offices and significantly reduced amount outstanding for GCT refunds
• Reorganized and brought two year old company’s financial systems up-to-date
• Efficient payroll management and filing of monthly and annual returns
Certificate in Project Contract Management
USAID E-Learning Institute 2006
Bachelor of Science Degree: Business Administration
Northern Caribbean University, Mandeville, Manchester 2005
Certificate in Microsoft Office
Institute of Computer Technology 2005
Certificate in Supervisory Management
University of the West Indies, School of Continuing Studies 2000
Associate of Science Degree: Office Administration
West Indies College (now Northern Caribbean University), Mandeville, Manchester 1991
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.