I am a Transaction/Product Accountant in one of the world's leading investment bank, dealing with equities and derivatives. My previous experience includes a Compliance and Regulatory role, ensuring that BaFin (German Central Bank) regulations are being adhered to and complied with across the bank's trading activities.
I am a consistent top performer and a CIMA global top scorer (ranked #2 worldwide on the November 2013 Gateway exams). I am an exam away from gaining my CGMA title.
Part-qualified CIMA with more than 4 years experience in financial analysis and transaction accounting in a multinational investment bank
Financial Control – Transaction Accountant, Deutsche Knowledge Services Pte. Ltd.
(2014 – Present)
I am responsible in ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the General Ledger of the Global Market Equities business of Deutsche Bank Sydney and related entities with respect to the transactions within my remit and provide full balance sheet support for primary-owned accounts. Transactions include loans, futures, physicals, options, swaps and other derivatives, among others.
• Reconcile and close month-end general ledger
• Perform product reconciliations and postings on the required periodic basis
• Work and coordinate with relevant teams in making sure that MAFA reconciliation is clean and aged breaks have clear ownership and defined escalation process
• Improve and implement process methodologies and outputs
• Effective stakeholder management, thus regaining good rapport with Sydney counterparts
• Automation and rationalization of highly manual and fragmented tasks/processes resulting to time and effort savings as well as improved process controls, in a short span of time since taking on the process
• Was able to perform tasks with minimal supervision despite limited training time
Market Conformity Control Senior Analyst, Deutsche Knowledge Services Pte. Ltd.
(2010 – 2014)
My primary role as a Market Conformity Control Senior Analyst is to ensure that market price, liquidity, operational, regulatory, and reputational risks arising from trades at non-conforming prices are properly investigated. These risks can arise if the non-conforming trade was entered into for improper purposes (i.e. to conceal losses/overstate profits or for an employee’s personal gain). This process is governed by the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) “Minimum Requirements for Risk Management” which defines the regulations on market conformity.
• Perform an audit of whether transacted prices correspond to market price levels, within specified thresholds and predetermined methodologies
• Analyze exception volume trends and highlight anomalies in the process
• Investigate and escalate potential non-market conforming trades to business and/or Compliance
• Respond to audit requests and conduct audit walkthrough’s when necessary
• Process consolidation, standardization and automation leading to significant time savings (accumulated save of at least 5 hours per day), improved process controls and maintenance and licensing cost savings of at least 120,000 EUR per annum
• Performed an analysis to identify process gaps (i.e. completeness and accuracy) and spearheaded projects for the closure of said gaps as well as to streamline the processes
• Trained resources in DB Bangalore, India branch in line with the team’s resiliency project
• Conducted trainings to risk and P&L teams to promote awareness of MaRisk regulations and market conformity
• Conducted trainings to new joiners to ensure knowledge retention and create a robust succession plan
• Performed a market data analysis (i.e. comparison and identification of market price source alternatives) leading to cost savings (decommission of one Bloomberg terminal)
Audit Trainee, Diaz Murillo Dalupan and Company
• Perform physical inventory counts and cut-off tests
• Prepare and review General Form Financial Statements for clients
• Prepare daily sales report, update sales books and reconcile monthly sales records
• Prepare accounts payable clearing reports and schedules
• Prepare cash reports and transmittal letter for clients
Qualifications & Education
CIMA Strategic Level Exams Passer
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
CIMA Advance Diploma in Management Accounting
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Ranked Top 2 Highest Scorer Globally
Bachelor in the Science of Accountancy
University of San Carlos
Graduated Magna Cum Laude
• SAP Knowledge
• Equities and derivatives
• Advanced Microsoft Excel
• Basic MS Access Database
• Project Management
• Bloomberg and Reuters
• Problem solving
• Fast learner
• Able to work individually or within a team
• Able to work in multicultural and virtual teams
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.