A highly professional, well trained Graduate and Accountant, qualified by experience with broad commercial sector exposure focused on financial and management accounting, IT systems, project management, bookkeeping and payroll. Has an open and communicative management style and a proven reputation for leading finance departments to successful outcomes and companies to sustainable growth and financial success through a controlled series of on-going operational change management processes.
Relevant Qualifications & Education
Company Secretary Course London, United Kingdom
Covering formation and constitution of a company, legal compliance and corporate governance
Project Management Course University of the Johannesburg, South Africa
Modules included: Project Selection and Planning; Project Financing; Project Management and Leadership; Project Planning and Estimating; Risk and Quality Management; Project Execution and Control
Bachelor of Accounting University of the Free State, South Africa
Honours Degree in Industrial Psychology (HR)
Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Fully competent in Sage 50 (Accounts and Payroll) and Access Accounts
PROFILE: A highly professional, well trained Graduate and Accountant, qualified by experience with broad commercial sector exposure focused on financial and management accounting, IT systems, project management, bookkeeping and payroll. Has an open and communicative management style and a proven reputation for leading finance departments to successful outcomes and companies to sustainable growth and financial success through a controlled series of on-going operational change management processes. Offers a proven track record of performance including robust negotiation skills, strong technical accounting & IT skills (Excel and Sage 50), sound commercial awareness and a reputation for being able to troubleshoot for companies that need re-organisation and improved internal control systems. Ideally now seeking a new and career progression role within a growing commercial SME.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Financial accounting, Year end procedures, Company secretarial, Excel & Sage 50, VAT & Sage payroll, Hospitality sector & PR, Staff supervision Budgeting and analysis Management accounting
• Devised and implemented the highly successful IT systems changeover from Access Accounts to Time Systems UK and Sage Accounting & Payroll at Mustard Catering, vastly improving reporting information.
• Worked exceptionally long hours at Mustard catering for six months as two accounting roles were merged into one in order to make cost savings.
• Helped to improve the accounting systems for two subsidiaries at Davis Langdon.
• Completed a successful HRMC VAT audit in 2009 after being with Mustard Catering for less than twelve months.
• Successfully auto-enrolled employees onto the company pension scheme
London 2008 – Present
Providing luxury catering & events services
Turnover c£4m – 30 staff
ACCOUNTANT (Sole Charge)
Key achievements & responsibilities
• Implementing and managing all credit control systems for the company, ensuring outstanding receivables remain as low as possible at all times.
• Producing accurate and timely monthly management accounts for Board presentation using Access, Sage 50 and Excel.
• Preparing detailed and concise annual cost budgets and revenue forecasts for the MD.
• Performing and co-ordinating all month-end and year-end reconciliations (including journals, bank reconciliations, debtors and creditors).
• Developing IT skills through bringing in updates and improvements to systems, improving the running efficiency of the organisation.
• Building high quality rapport with directors, suppliers and employees and improving communication across the whole organisation.
DAVIS LANGDON – South Africa
2005 – 2008
Turnover £1m – 9 branches
• Reported directly to the Board for two subsidiary Property Valuation companies, including detailed preparation and full presentation of monthly management accounts and reports to the Board.
• Reliably performed and co-ordinated all month-end bookkeeping and year-end reconciliations (including journals, bank reconciliations, debtors and creditors).
• Implemented improved internal control procedures and trained staff in all aspects of their use to streamline processes.
• Carefully and accurately reconciled balance sheet accounts (including fixed assets, investments, debtors, staff loans, prepayments, banks, staff expenses, statutory deductions, PAYE, creditors and accruals).
• Performed detailed evaluation and completion of bid/tender pricing, proposals and profitability.
UNIVERSITY OF THE FREE STATE
South Africa 2002 – 2005
Multi campus public university in Bloemfontein
• Regularly implemented policies and procedures regarding student affairs in order to successfully promoting diversity & inclusion and ensure that students engaged with different cultures and learn from each other.
• Analysed training needs in conjunction with various student groups to improve students’ knowledge and skills as well as promote participation in campus project management
• Planned and delivered training. Including inductions for new student leaders.
• Controlled press matters and media related work.
• Responsible for full financial management and compiling of annual budgets.
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.