Since leaving school I have been employed in civil engineering. I am a fully qualified 360 excavator operator and have my Scottish Water DOMS ticket. The company I was employed by carried out high pressure water jetting to unblock sewers and were sub-contracted by Scottish Water to repair burst mains water pipes. I recently underwent an offshore training course and have obtained all the relevant certificates. I am also currently employed as a retained firefighter.
JUNE 2011-till present – STORIE Argyll Ltd, Dunoon
Duties include: Digger and dumper operator, fixing leaking water mains for Scottish Water. I am trained extensively in the repairing and relaying of water mains and supply pipes. I have extensive knowledge in relation to water mains, valves, fittings, and hydrants. Extensive working knowledge of the water industry including disinfection and chlorination of all water pipes, different materials and sizes of water pipes, High Pressured sewage tank, and sewer pipe cleaning. Training new workers and apprentices in all aspects of the job and continuously monitors their progress. Working for a large company like Scottish Water, my team and I must work safely, quickly, effectively, and to a very high standard ensuring all repairs are met within the acquired timescale. I must also comply with all Health and Safety standards and passing audits conducted by Scottish Water, making sure we work to the highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene so that we do not contaminate the water supply.
FEBRUARY 2012- till present- Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
Duties: fire fighting, R.T.C extraction, breathing apparatus wearing, fire behaviour learning, first aid and trauma care, working at height, confined space work, foam works, working as a team, pump work
FEBRUARY 2011- JULY 2011 – MAC-PLANT ELITE LTD
Position: Supervisor, 360 digger operator, ground worker
Duties: Duties included 360 plant operating, maintaining and servicing plant, laying water mains and service pipes. Mac-plant also carried out civil engineering works in the Dunoon area.
AUGUST 2009 – FEBRUARY 2011 – Tusk Plant Ltd, Glasgow
Position: 360 digger operator and ground worker
Duties: Muck shifting, trench digging, finishing, leveling, and house foundations. As a ground worker I was able to lay herbs, lay drainage, concrete works, laying water mains (which I have extensive knowledge of), mono- blocking, slabbing and constructing manholes.
MAY 2008 – AUGUST 2009 – Storie Argyll Ltd Dunoon
Position: 360 Digger Operator / Ground worker.
Duties: Digger Operator. Laying kerbs , lay drainage, concrete works, laying water mains, mono- blocking, slabbing , building manholes, benching manholes, deep excavation works, road surfacing
APRIL 2006 – MAY 2008 – Mac-plant contracting, Dunoon
Position: 360 Digger Operator / Ground worker
Duties: Mac-plant had the Scottish Water contract in the Cowal area. Sewage and clean water jobs. I gained all of my water board knowledge working with this company. My boss had extensive knowledge of the area and passed his knowledge onto me and trained me to a high standard. As a contractor we also did groundwork and excavator jobs, but our main focus was the water board work, laying mains, renewing clean and foul pipes, repairing burst mains and services, high pressure sewer cleaning, CCTV surveys.
SEPTEMBER 2004 – JULY 2005 – GW landscapes
Position: Skilled Labourer
Duties: Working as part of a team, grass cutting, hedge trimming, turfing, mono- blocking driveways, garden tidying, garden clearance, fencing, decking, shed erecting, slabbing, garden landscaping.
NOVEMBER 2002 – AUGUST 2004 – Storie Argyll Ltd.
Duties: Learning new skills and working as part of a team for a large civil engineering firm. Tidying up, basic groundworks, assisting tradesmen, cleaning tools and equipment.
• SVQ level 2, Skills College, Norfolk Street, Glasgow. Including conforming to efficient work practices, preparing plant and machinery for operation, conform to general workplace safety, operate 360 plant and machinery tracked.
• 360 excavator CPCS competent blue card 2010 – present
• NPORS dumper ticket 2010-present
• First Aid card holder 2013- present
• DOMS card 2007- present covering repairs of mains and services, secondary disinfection, sampling procedures, hygienic use of tools and equipment, general maintenance activities, network operability, disinfection procedures, repair and maintenance procedures, valve management, treated water storage points.
• WATER HYGIENE card 2007 – present
• High Pressure water jetting 2007-present
• B.O.S.I.E.T. with Norwegian escape shoot OPITO approved Feb 2014
• M.I.S.T. OPITO approved Feb 2014
• Banksman and Slinger stage 1 OPITO approved
• CSCS card 2008- present
• Abrasive wheel ticket 2013 – present
• Mobile I training 2012- present
• C.A.T. and genny training 2009- present
• Tap and bore connections to live cast water mains ticket 2012 – present.
• Customer relation training 2012- present
• Breathing apparatus 2012- present (within Fire Service)
• Confined space 2012- present (within Fire Service)
• Working at height training 2012 present (within Fire Service)
• Fire behaviour course 2012 (within Fire Service)
AUGUST 1998-AUGUST 2002- Dunoon Grammar School
Achievements: Standard Grades: English 4, Math’s 5, P.E. 3, Graphic Communication 4, History 4, Art 4, Science 3, German 3, Craft and Design 4
AUGUST 2005 – APRIL 2006 – Tyler Junior College, Tyler, Texas, USA
I was on a golf scholarship and achieved 10 GRADES in English B, Math’s C, Golf A, Computing C, American Law D, Reading B, Theatre Appreciation B, Art Appreciation D, Fitness A, First Aid C
Before you fill out our registration form, we feel it necessary to pass on some important information.
After completing our registration process your details are checked over by our Validation Team. Their task is to upload suitable submissions or delete.
Registrations that pass validation automatically produce an online CV Profile. Due to the popularity of our website profiles are widely seen by prospective employers. On a daily basis we receive many Profile enquiries.
By following our guidelines your profile will pass our validation process.
Key points to note
Your aim should be to produce a fantastic online CV Profile.
Our task is to find you meaningful employment.